Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

a little stranger than the sofa

Comments

• Options
    Can't see a problem with it myself. If we were more local my kids would love this.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Supper will be a burger or chicken nuggets.
    I assume vegetarians go without.

This is just a really good joke, right?
  • Options
    To be fair, this is quite a good idea. They should maybe make a bigger effort on the catering front though. It's outdoors - have a proper barbecue!

The Red Sox have a picnic day at Fenway Park, perhaps they should let the grown ups have a day out on the pitch too to make up for all their stroppy carry on about not letting fans on the pitch at the last game.
  • Options
    rina said:

it's hard to get out of the mindset that everything the club does is bad. when I first read this yesterday I thought it was ridiculous but it's actually great tbh

I tend to agree with you, but..

The next time Daisy is interviewed by LBC/Radio 4
    Interviewer: " So Katrien, a lot of people think you are out of your depth as CEO of Charlton, what exactly have you done in the last 3 and half years there?
    Katrien: "Well, I organised a children's sleepover"
    Interviewer says nothing, looks towards his producer and kind of shrugs his shoulders.
  • Options
    Oh, and no. The sofa was stranger than this idea.

I also think we should do something to support the event.

Have we got any balloons or small toys left?
  • Options

"All children must be accompanied by an adult and all attendees must be between the ages of 7-11 as of May 28th 2017"

Does that mean the parents have to be aged between 7 and 11 ?
  • Options
    I lost the contest.

Apparently the answers were not 'Roland Rat' and 'Daisy Dunce'.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    A fine idea I think.

Are the "Young Reds" an associate organisation of CARD? Could they smuggle in spring loaded stress toys to bury in the pitch which could be under remote control to pop up at Five past Three in the first home match next season? Others could be hidden in the pitch sprinkler covers to pop up at the half-time watering session.

Edited: I've had second thoughts. I can easily see a situation arising where the club actually go out and acquire a top-notch striker only for him to be fatally wounded in the first home game by falling straight on to an stray tent peg.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    They really are scraping the barrel, aren't they?

And when do you get to see stars, in this bloody country, rarely!
  • Options
    What are some of you lot on?. It's a bit of fun for kids for Christ sake. If you think it's stupid or strange fair enough but why got to the effort of posting about it?. I've applied for the chance to go with my 7 year old son and his really looking forward to it. There's a lot worse things going on in this world to worry about.
  • Options
    cracking idea, my kids would absolutely love it
  • Options
    Bit of fun.

Not my sort of thing even when the boy was the right age but no harm in it and the kids might enjoy it.
  • Options
    I'm gutted my son is too young for this as I would have been well up for it. Might see if my daughter is interested

Really can't see why some are negative about this - there is literally NOTHING negative about this. It's perfect for kids of that age. They can say they spent a night on the pitch, camping with Daddy (or mummy)

Good work Charlton
  • Options
    Also hopeful the kids can be sleeping while the parents can sit up and have a few beers and a chat. This has potential to be pretty bloody great!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I'm gutted my son is too young for this as I would have been well up for it. Might see if my daughter is interested

Really can't see why some are negative about this - there is literally NOTHING negative about this. It's perfect for kids of that age. They can say they spent a night on the pitch, camping with Daddy (or mummy)

Good work Charlton

wasnt really being negative about it, just the club do good non football related tasks, but are quite happy to run us down the leagues and turn us into a player farm so do find it hard to support anything they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Arsenal have been doing this since 2012.

I'd forgotten you were a closet Arsenal fan, AFKA.

*smiley winky thingy*

• Options

I think it's a great idea - would have loved to have done this when I was a kid.

Wonder if anyone has told Katrien yet?

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Do you have Charlton mad kids between the ages of 7 and 11? If not, then it's not really aimed at you is it
    My thoughts exactly. I hope the security is good as well.
  • Options
    My 10 year old loves camping so is well up for this, adults must accompany the kids and as it's​ in a lounge i assume a bar will be open for us (much like the Xmas party).

I think it's a good idea for the kids, it's just a shame mine has no idea what the mascots are called..
  • Options
    agim said:

Great idea, as a youngster it's your dream to get on the pitch in anyway shape or form.

Are there any projects in place at the club for kids between the ages of 11-16? I can't help but feel that there needs to be more done in society in general for this age group.

Duke of Edinburghs award
    Outward bound
    Scouts
    Cadets

there are plenty of avenues for teenagers to get outside.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    If kids like the idea, then it's a good idea.

If other clubs have done this successfully, kids must like it.

Fans say, "what are the club going to do to rebuild the fanbase ?"

Well here's one proven, but small idea.

I am supportive of the club coming up with good ideas, that are secondary to the main event.

They just need to get the main event (first team squad) right.
  • Options

If kids like the idea, then it's a good idea.

If other clubs have done this successfully, kids must like it.

Fans say, "what are the club going to do to rebuild the fanbase ?"

Well here's one proven, but small idea.

I am supportive of the club coming up with good ideas, that are secondary to the main event.

They just need to get the main event (first team squad) right.

Well said,

We are all quick to criticize the club (and rightly so 99% of the time), but there are also some good people doing good work and we should be as equally quick to praise when it's due.
  • Options
    My only possible criticism of this is that it's only open to season ticket holders and junior reds (or whatever it's called these days) from last season. So it's not going to grow support as it explicitly bars any new supporters. I would have been tempted to take my boy, but he wasn't a member last year nor a season ticket holder.
  • Options
    Credit where it's due, it's a great idea.

Now about this business of running a football club, I wonder if anyone's got any ideas about how to do that?