Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

trying too hard? Palace unveil new kit..

Comments

• Options
    So when we decide to do this in a couple years, let's not forget to put "Eugene, OR" (myself), "Walnut Creek, CA" (Rob), "The Wrong Hemisphere" (Oz based supporters) since apparently you can claim anywhere where you have a supporter.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Laughable

Not sure why they didn't include Sutton, surely there will be far more Palace fans there than Southwark and Lewisham.

Sutton is even an less 'glamorous' name to drop than Croydon.

In my lifetime, Sutton has always been mainly Chelsea. A few Man U / Liverpool glory hunters switched to Palace after the 1990 FA Cup semi final, but that was it.

The Nigels tried to open a branch of their club shop in Sutton twice. Both times it went bust very quickly
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In the part of Surrey I've frequented that they claim is theirs I've seen as many Charlton and Blackpool shirts. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    What season will we next finish above them?
    What season will we have average crowds bigger than them?
    Shamefully this seems a lifetime away
    Surrey muppets
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Rothko said:

Geographically its right, as Crystal Palace covers all 5 boroughs at a point on the Parade I think.

Quite right, but Crystal Palace FC haven't played in Crystal Palace for over a century, just as Arsenal FC haven't played in Woolwich for over a century.

Would Arsenal FC put "London Borough of Greenwich" on their shirts? No, of course they wouldn't, because that would be a really odd thing to do, because they're long established in the London borough of Islington.

Palace are from Croydon, that's the only borough they can legitimately have on their shirt. Pathetic, plastic wannabies, pretending they're something they're not, just like the feeble Ultras do every week.

C#%ts.
    Their colours were appropriated from Barcelona and their nickname from Benfica.

What is the true Nigel identity?
  • Options

Surrey muppets

Form is temporary, Morts. We'll be back!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Mr Hovi's is right!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ebarressing that is...
  • Options

Ebarressing that is...

can you let me know what Uni you go to so my son can avoid it.
    Gonna blame that on fat thumbs and my phone updating yesterday and the autocorrect has gone to shit.
  • Options

Ebarressing that is...

Gonna blame that on fat thumbs and my phone updating yesterday and the autocorrect has gone to shit.
    that's alright then.

And don't forget a haircut.
  • Options

Ebarressing that is...

that's alright then.

And don't forget a haircut.
    I don't get it?!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Also, the actual kit looks nothing more than a cheap Barcelona knock off
  • Options

Also, the actual kit looks nothing more than a cheap Barcelona knock off

i think that's always been the idea
  • Options

Surrey muppets

I couldn't give a f@ck I'd rather be where we are now than palace
  • Options
    Give Bromley and Greenwich back Palace you barstools! !!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My late neighbour in the lovely part of Lewisham I live in used to go and watch Millwall one week and us the other. If I see a claret and blue striped shirt on a kid round here I normally assume it's Barcelona (and I'm usually right). I know a couple of Nigels live in Lewisham - and often the connection they have is that they went to school in Dulwich and they were their local team. (Hmm, think there might be a better candidate who play in pink and blue, but nevermind). Most people I know locally support Arsenal or the Spanners, we're probably around the fewer than Man U more than Liverpool mark. The Nigels are definitely on the up among gentrifiers moving in along the Overground, though.
    This sort of shit makes me hate them even more TBH. If they weren't a Surrey team their chief rivals wouldn't be the biggest team in Sussex, would they?
  • Options
    I live in Bromley. It ain't Palace. It is Chelsea and Arsenal !
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    New York - Paris - Southwark - Lewisham - Lambeth - Croydon - Bromley
  • Options
    cafctom said:

They really do push the whole 'South London' thing to the extreme, and as has been said before, it's clearly something to do with an inferiority knowing full well that they aren't a 'proper' South London club. Even Croydon didn't become a London borough until the 60s.

To be fair I recall someone at Charlton (Varney?) trumpeting the idea that we were the biggest club 'south of the Thames'....

....suspect Palace, Brighton, Bournemouth and Southampton might have overtaken us since.

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Rothko said:

Geographically its right, as Crystal Palace covers all 5 boroughs at a point on the Parade I think.

Quite right, but Crystal Palace FC haven't played in Crystal Palace for over a century, just as Arsenal FC haven't played in Woolwich for over a century.

Would Arsenal FC put "London Borough of Greenwich" on their shirts? No, of course they wouldn't, because that would be a really odd thing to do, because they're long established in the London borough of Islington.

Palace are from Croydon, that's the only borough they can legitimately have on their shirt. Pathetic, plastic wannabies, pretending they're something they're not, just like the feeble Ultras do every week.

C#%ts.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa - "London Borough" ? I think you'll find we're a Royal Borough, can't see Croydon receiving that distinction any time soon.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Crystal Palace can have Croydon, they should be satisfied with that it suits them.
    Dulwich Hamlet are Southwark.
    As for my borough Lewisham, they can fuck right off. Lewisham is the capital City of SE London, and as such it's multifootballal, except there are no Crystal Palace fans here except the Tory candidate who hopes to be elected in Lewisham East.

Has Heidi resigned?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

cafctom said:

They really do push the whole 'South London' thing to the extreme, and as has been said before, it's clearly something to do with an inferiority knowing full well that they aren't a 'proper' South London club. Even Croydon didn't become a London borough until the 60s.

To be fair I recall someone at Charlton (Varney?) trumpeting the idea that we were the biggest club 'south of the Thames'....

....suspect Palace, Brighton, Bournemouth and Southampton might have overtaken us since.

To be fair, at the time, Varney had a point. We were finishing well above those 4 teams on a regular basis and almost selling out every home game in The Premier League. A lot of it is all to do with the league table. Not my words or opnion but i'm sure someone said it maybe when there were plans to expand The Valley to 40,000 that even the saying we could be the 'Manchester United of the south' was mentioned once as well, that would certainly have been pushing it but the potential was there and arguably still is for us to be the biggest club south of the Thames. It's just going to take a different owner to hopefully get us there.

As for Palace and yet another gimmick, it is definitely an identity crisis. Who are they trying to convince? Probably themselves more than anything but that's fine, i'm a great believer in karma and this kind of gimmick is the kind that makes karma go round too.
  • Options
    "Manchester United of the south"

that just made me burst out laughing. it must of been your imagination. I cant believe any sane person would of said that unless it was said in the late 1940s.