Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

trying too hard? Palace unveil new kit..

124»

Comments

• Options
    Just asked a bloke on my desk (who has lived in St. Albans all his life) if he'd ever seen any Palace fans round his way. He said he has never seen one, not one.
  • Options

se9addick said:

seth plum said:

Crystal Palace can have Croydon, they should be satisfied with that it suits them.
    Dulwich Hamlet are Southwark.
    As for my borough Lewisham, they can fuck right off. Lewisham is the capital City of SE London, and as such it's multifootballal, except there are no Crystal Palace fans here except the Tory candidate who hopes to be elected in Lewisham East.

Greenwich is obviously the capital of SE London.
    Technically, it's probably the capital of the World from which all life on this planet takes its cue courtesy of GMT.
    It's the centre of the universe.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I have to say that I am a little more worried than most about their current run in the top tier.

The Premier League is a worldwide brand and it makes me feel sick to think how many fans across the world they've picked up and will continue to every season they stay there.

My boss is in New York and his son is really into the Premier League and is now a pretty big Palace fan despite no geographic or familial link - it's very worrying.
    See that makes perfect sense to me. Americans love all that showbiz razzmatazz at their sport. Ask yourself this: who in the Premier League has cheerleaders? A live eagle flying around? Over the top goal music? Team colours that are almost American (just missing the white)?
    The very things we hate them for (and to be fair not just us) will go down very well in the States. Palace are the most American-oriented team here.

• Options
    rananegra said:

se9addick said:

I have to say that I am a little more worried than most about their current run in the top tier.

The Premier League is a worldwide brand and it makes me feel sick to think how many fans across the world they've picked up and will continue to every season they stay there.

My boss is in New York and his son is really into the Premier League and is now a pretty big Palace fan despite no geographic or familial link - it's very worrying.
    See that makes perfect sense to me. Americans love all that showbiz razzmatazz at their sport. Ask yourself this: who in the Premier League has cheerleaders? A live eagle flying around? Over the top goal music? Team colours that are almost American (just missing the white)?
    The very things we hate them for (and to be fair not just us) will go down very well in the States. Palace are the most American-oriented team here.

They probably think a team with "palace" in their name are something to do with the Royal family too
  • Options

Just asked a bloke on my desk (who has lived in St. Albans all his life) if he'd ever seen any Palace fans round his way. He said he has never seen one, not one.

David Sylvian was probably looking in the mirror.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Crystal Palace can have Croydon, they should be satisfied with that it suits them.
    Dulwich Hamlet are Southwark.
    As for my borough Lewisham, they can fuck right off. Lewisham is the capital City of SE London, and as such it's multifootballal, except there are no Crystal Palace fans here except the Tory candidate who hopes to be elected in Lewisham East.

Has Heidi resigned?
    Why? Is she a Palace fan too? She is standing.
    Haven't got a clue who she supports....now re read OP it's the Tory who supports Palace, Heidi must be Charlton or Millwall.
  • Options

This is all about marketing for Palace - and perception. If the perception is that Palace are the biggest - pretty much only significant - club in South London, then amongst the newer demographic then that may become reality. To be honest, I'm a Palace fan, and even in St Albans I sometimes see Palace fans. We are a club with a much, much bigger fanbase than Millwall, Charlton and Wimbledon combined - and this whole 'South London and Proud' thing is designed to extend our 'Lebensraum' into areas previously frequented by the likes of your lot, Millwall and Wimbledon.

Thing is, I think it will work. Especially when we put an extra two tiers on the Arthur Waite

What facts are you basing this on? Claiming there are fans in St. Albans doesn't mean a thing. I work for a company in the city and there are more Charlton fans than palace/Millwall that come from all over London but doesn't exactly mean there are more Charlton fans than anyone else.