Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

trying too hard? Palace unveil new kit..

Comments

• Options

"Manchester United of the south"

that just made me burst out laughing. it must of been your imagination. I cant believe any sane person would of said that unless it was said in the late 1940s.

If it hadn't been for WW2.....
  • Options
    Think the fans who live in the road behind the Half Awake stand might have some input on that.
  • Options

This is all about marketing for Palace - and perception. If the perception is that Palace are the biggest - pretty much only significant - club in South London, then amongst the newer demographic then that may become reality. To be honest, I'm a Palace fan, and even in St Albans I sometimes see Palace fans. We are a club with a much, much bigger fanbase than Millwall, Charlton and Wimbledon combined - and this whole 'South London and Proud' thing is designed to extend our 'Lebensraum' into areas previously frequented by the likes of your lot, Millwall and Wimbledon.

Thing is, I think it will work. Especially when we put an extra two tiers on the Arthur Waite

LOL LOL LOL LOL
  • Options

This is all about marketing for Palace - and perception. If the perception is that Palace are the biggest - pretty much only significant - club in South London, then amongst the newer demographic then that may become reality. To be honest, I'm a Palace fan, and even in St Albans I sometimes see Palace fans. We are a club with a much, much bigger fanbase than Millwall, Charlton and Wimbledon combined - and this whole 'South London and Proud' thing is designed to extend our 'Lebensraum' into areas previously frequented by the likes of your lot, Millwall and Wimbledon.

Thing is, I think it will work. Especially when we put an extra two tiers on the Arthur Waite

You have one decent stand, you/Palace would be better off selling Shitehurst Park for housing and building a new ground somewhere else...were there not plans to move to Bromley...that got knocked back?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

yep that should work, really make Selhurst a premiership ground. piss of Nigel
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hate isn't a term I use very often. It would take a lot for me to actually hate something or someone.

I hate Crystal Palace.

You're not alone.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Crystal Palace can have Croydon, they should be satisfied with that it suits them.
    Dulwich Hamlet are Southwark.
    As for my borough Lewisham, they can fuck right off. Lewisham is the capital City of SE London, and as such it's multifootballal, except there are no Crystal Palace fans here except the Tory candidate who hopes to be elected in Lewisham East.

Greenwich is obviously the capital of SE London.
  • Options
    Ha, we've probably had bigger crowds to watch the reserves than palace's record crowd.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Crystal Palace can have Croydon, they should be satisfied with that it suits them.
    Dulwich Hamlet are Southwark.
    As for my borough Lewisham, they can fuck right off. Lewisham is the capital City of SE London, and as such it's multifootballal, except there are no Crystal Palace fans here except the Tory candidate who hopes to be elected in Lewisham East.

Has Heidi resigned?
    Why? Is she a Palace fan too? She is standing.
  • Options

"Manchester United of the south"

that just made me burst out laughing. it must of been your imagination. I cant believe any sane person would of said that unless it was said in the late 1940s.

If it hadn't been for WW2.....
    We'd be playing in the Bundesliga!
  • Options
    I have to say that I am a little more worried than most about their current run in the top tier.

The Premier League is a worldwide brand and it makes me feel sick to think how many fans across the world they've picked up and will continue to every season they stay there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still think that claiming to be a London club is designed to make them more attractive to Red Bull
  • Options

I have to say that I am a little more worried than most about their current run in the top tier.

The Premier League is a worldwide brand and it makes me feel sick to think how many fans across the world they've picked up and will continue to every season they stay there.

Surely fans worldwide will only care about the big sides... Can never imagine some spotty kid from China or Thailand wanting to support Stoke | Palace or even Charlton.

Although saying that do Crystal Palace Baltimore's still exist?
  • Options
    Croydon is theirs. They are welcome to each other. Can't see Brighton on the list?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

MrLargo said:

Rothko said:

Geographically its right, as Crystal Palace covers all 5 boroughs at a point on the Parade I think.

Quite right, but Crystal Palace FC haven't played in Crystal Palace for over a century, just as Arsenal FC haven't played in Woolwich for over a century.

Would Arsenal FC put "London Borough of Greenwich" on their shirts? No, of course they wouldn't, because that would be a really odd thing to do, because they're long established in the London borough of Islington.

Palace are from Croydon, that's the only borough they can legitimately have on their shirt. Pathetic, plastic wannabies, pretending they're something they're not, just like the feeble Ultras do every week.

C#%ts.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa - "London Borough" ? I think you'll find we're a Royal Borough, can't see Croydon receiving that distinction any time soon.
    Dunno "Royal Shithole" might be a distinction they'll receive soon
  • Options
    blimey, touched a nerve it seems. Now going to look at the plans for a three-tier Arthur Waite - but all in exactly the same style - like three lean-tos on top of each other
  • Options

blimey, touched a nerve it seems. Now going to look at the plans for a three-tier Arthur Waite - but all in exactly the same style - like three lean-tos on top of each other

Surely you need to sort out the subsidence in the Holmesdale End before you do any other redeveloping?

Anyway, you'll be back down before too long and then any additional support you've picked up will gradually ebb away, just as it has on all the other occasions you've been relegated.

Next time you bump into one of your Holmesdale Ultras, please pass on our thanks for the constant stream of entertainment they provide.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/football-hooligan-case-hold-defendant-injured/story-16052518-detail/story.html
    http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull-pensioner-suffers-dislocated-wrist-attack/story-20226834-detail/story.html
  • Options

I was almost taken in until he mentioned an extra two tiers on arthur waite
  • Options

My boss is in New York and his son is really into the Premier League and is now a pretty big Palace fan despite no geographic or familial link - it's very worrying.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

My boss is in New York and his son is really into the Premier League and is now a pretty big Palace fan despite no geographic or familial link - it's very worrying.
    He'll find a new side to support once they return to their natural level.