Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Reading

Comments

• Options

The shit I got on here when I knew Chris Powell was a charlatan. A terrible Manager.

Well, well, well, a lesser quality Playing squad and look at what can be achieved.

Think outside the box, back your Players and dare to dream. We did and are living the dream.

Always thought you'd found your Powell in Wagner. Congratulations. Think Wagner will do well in the top tier.

And looking at Dean Hoyle and then thinking of that f***ing clown Duchâtelet - today should be a wake up call to the few Charlton fans who think we will ever progress under that tight-fisted clown.
  • Options
    Congratulations LBTF!
    Enjoy next season
  • Options

The shit I got on here when I knew Chris Powell was a charlatan. A terrible Manager.

Well, well, well, a lesser quality Playing squad and look at what can be achieved.

Think outside the box, back your Players and dare to dream. We did and are living the dream.

Always thought you'd found your Powell in Wagner. Congratulations. Think Wagner will do well in the top tier.

And looking at Dean Hoyle and then thinking of that f***ing clown Duchâtelet - today should be a wake up call to the few Charlton fans who think we will ever progress under that tight-fisted clown.
    Thanks, look we will do nothing in the Premier League but for little ol Huddersfield this is major.

I just want us to take the money and so what if (when) we cone back down.

We are a similar sized club to you. The key thing for us was having a Manager who was committed (good start) and capable
  • Options
    I'm happy for Huddersfield. They've a good young squad and have deserved it throughout the course of the season. The only team to challenge the top two and we're able to grind out wins. Wagner has done very well this season and Andy Hughes is obviously a good guy with a Charlton link.

Another youngster from our academy has gone onto better things. It's just a shame that we didn't fight to keep hold of these players (THD, Harriott etc).

Congratulations. Shows how poorly our club's run.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

well done @LeedsbasedTownfan thrilled for you but enjoy the day and back off from the back your players bollocks, you know fuck all about our ownership fuck all and you have never walked in our shoes.
    well done again but dont ruin it with that bullshit

Fair does, I just feel bitter about how absolutely shit Powell was and your fans questioning why we got rid.

We got rid because he was the worst Manager we have ever had.

He has better players than the ones that just for us promoted. He didn't believe though, negative, negative, negative.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

It's a bit weird, standing on Wembley Way waiting to access the Underground, one of the greatest moments of your life and you're posting on Charlton Life. Go figure.

PS Congratulations, I hope you stay up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017

SE7toSG3 said:

well done @LeedsbasedTownfan thrilled for you but enjoy the day and back off from the back your players bollocks, you know fuck all about our ownership fuck all and you have never walked in our shoes.

Fair does, I just feel bitter about how absolutely shit Powell was and your fans questioning why we got rid.

He has better players than the ones that just for us promoted. He didn't believe though, negative, negative, negative.
    Bore off.

We liked him, you didn't, who cares?

Congratulations on promotion - go and celebrate.
  • Options
    Bloody weird, meaning unique.
  • Options
    David Wagner manager of the season
  • Options
    edited May 2017

SE7toSG3 said:

Just won promotion to the Prem at Wembley and not only are you still feeling bitter about something long in the past but you felt moved enough to post on Charlton Life about it! I'd have a look at yourself bud and maybe invest in some self help books-if you can't be 100% happy on a day like today then you never will.
  • Options
    Cruel on Reading to lose on Pens but I think you have to say that the better side won on the day. well done Huddersfield.
  • Options
    No problems @LeedsbasedTownfan we have touched raw nerves. As sakd I am thrilled for you and your support today was superb.

We will always love Chris Powell, he just wasnt the right guy for you, you have the right man now though. Enjoy the year ahead.
  • Options

I'm happy for Huddersfield. They've a good young squad and have deserved it throughout the course of the season. The only team to challenge the top two and we're able to grind out wins. Wagner has done very well this season and Andy Hughes is obviously a good guy with a Charlton link.

Another youngster from our academy has gone onto better things. It's just a shame that we didn't fight to keep hold of these players (THD, Harriott etc).

Congratulations. Shows how poorly our club's run.

Good luck to him, but I can't see THD playing much in the PL, he only played 8 games this season

An amazing achievement to get Huddersfield up, and the fans will have a great season, but that squad looks desperately weak, especially if Mooy goes back. To get promoted after scoring 56 goals in 46 games does show the lack of cutting edge.
  • Options

Take a look at what Powell did for us then ask yourself whether he was a charlatan and a terrible manager. Maybe he wasn't so good for you but no need to come on here and talk bollocks when you just got promoted. Enjoy your day in the sun.
  • Options

Well done Huddersfield, but extraordinary that a team can get promoted after finishing the season with a GD of -2! Especially when Fulham had a GF of +28

And the only 'goal' scored by them in the play-offs (3 full matches and two periods of extra time) was by that well known Welshman: Owen Goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I still think (looking from the outside) that Powell got a raw deal. No way would Hoyle have let him sign a centre back from the German third division for example. But because Wagner had had some success with Jurgen Klopp, he got a longer leash. That's just my under-informed take, though.

I'd take him back in an instant, the guy is a legend and took us from third tier mid table no hopers to three points short of a shot at promotion to PL in just two years.
  • Options
    Was quite pissed off the amount of ex charlton players (and coach)in huddersfield squad ! (Hudson,crainie,Holmes dennis,palmer)
  • Options
    I wanted Reading to win because of Yann, would have been a great end to his career, playing in the PL again.

Typically I would be glad for a club like Huddersfield but had a feeling that dick of a fan of theirs would decide to come on here to post. Amazed he did so almost immediately after the win. Remember winning the playoffs v Sunderland all those years ago, not sure I would have been fit to post in a Charlton board after that let alone another clubs, and to chose this moment to decide to slag an ex legend of ours is just incredibly odd.

Happy for THD though, hope he gets a run and goes on to have a fine career.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

don't quite understand why after your team have just won promotion to the top division you come on here to gloat and say chris powell was a terrible manager.

Because he's a dick, and he's bitter about living in Leeds, when he could be living the dream 20 minutes down the M62 in Huddersfield.
  • Options
    Bizarre post, given the circumstances.
    Anyway, congratulations and all that.
  • Options

don't quite understand why after your team have just won promotion to the top division you come on here to gloat and say chris powell was a terrible manager.

Because he's a dick, and he's bitter about living in Leeds, when he could be living the dream 20 minutes down the M62 in Huddersfield.
    That picture is very similar to the Market Square in Bromley.