Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trump Quits Paris Accord

Smart move, politically.

Many won't like it but his voters will. In spades. Rust-belt voters see the Paris Climate deal as a job killer and many ldon't like the idea of global governance of anything.

Plus, Obama never got the treaty ratified in the Senate and so it was never Constituional to begin with. He just signed it as an "agreement." Agreements carry no weight, here, when they are done circumventing the Constitution.

I think the whole Paris Accord is really big global government and big business using it to insulate themselves from competition. I am usually very suspect of treaties where everyone seems to think it is a good thing. Especially when it makes government and big business each happy.

Americans on their own are buying solar and electric cars and recycling more. The trend is already strong. I don't need Al Gore and Leo DiCaprio telling me I need to be taxed more while they pay "carbon taxes" to companies they own, themselves and fly 50,000 miles per year on their private jets.

Comments

• Disagree. The man is just a complete and utter bellend. A total liability.

I think both points are true. Under the last administration there was huge investment in solar power for example.

And trump is a steaming nipsy
  • Thought it was Honda
  • As dick waving goes, this is one of Mexican proportions!
  • @NapaAddick

Interesting post. It's possible that a lot of people reading it may not know what you do for a living. They may not have read the Wine thread

May I ask if you accept that man-made global warming is a fact? If "yes", how would you think it should be tackled, given that it is by definition a "global" problem?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017
    When your oil, gas and coal buddies pay Into your inaugural fund then you wonder how he could have voted any different.
    https://www.publicintegrity.org/2017/05/02/20848/oil-gas-and-coal-interests-filling-donald-trump-s-swamp-cash
    No surprise to me that he was going to pull out. The Kyoto treaty was a joke too.
  • 1StevieG said:

When your oil, gas and coal buddies pay Into your inaugural fund then you wonder how he could have voted any different.

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2017/05/02/20848/oil-gas-and-coal-interests-filling-donald-trump-s-swamp-cash
    No surprise to me that he was going to pull out. The Kyoto treaty was a joke too.

I read an article in Newsweek or something about the make up of his cabinet. They're all billionaires. Your article and this doesn't surprise me
  • edited June 2017
    JiMMy 85 said:

He said the accord was something like "exclusively for the rest of the world" which... didn't entirely make any fucking sense.

This puts our choice of May or Corbyn in to perspective. They are both positive shining lights compared to that total and utter nut job in Donald J Trump

I honestly don't think anybody who votes for Boris Johnson's party should be mocking the US, but that's an argument for another thread.
    Trump and UKIP are both right wing.

UK's Tories are centre right.

Completely incomparable.
  • cabbles said:

1StevieG said:

I read an article in Newsweek or something about the make up of his cabinet. They're all billionaires. Your article and this doesn't surprise me

I hope those 23 million people that might be chucked off healthcare don't live near coal plants or oil pipelines.
  • edited June 2017

JiMMy 85 said:

He said the accord was something like "exclusively for the rest of the world" which... didn't entirely make any fucking sense.

This puts our choice of May or Corbyn in to perspective. They are both positive shining lights compared to that total and utter nut job in Donald J Trump

I honestly don't think anybody who votes for Boris Johnson's party should be mocking the US, but that's an argument for another thread.
    Trump and UKIP are both right wing.

UK's Tories are centre right.

Completely incomparable.
    Trump and Johnson are self-serving. That's my comparison.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was reading Cosmos by Carl Sagan not long ago. Man is my god. Anyway, climate change from global warming had been a thing since the 70s.
  • edited June 2017
    UK government : sucking US cock since 1918.
  • Smart move, politically.

Many won't like it but his voters will. In spades. Rust-belt voters see the Paris Climate deal as a job killer and many ldon't like the idea of global governance of anything.

Plus, Obama never got the treaty ratified in the Senate and so it was never Constituional to begin with. He just signed it as an "agreement." Agreements carry no weight, here, when they are done circumventing the Constitution.

I think the whole Paris Accord is really big global government and big business using it to insulate themselves from competition. I am usually very suspect of treaties where everyone seems to think it is a good thing. Especially when it makes government and big business each happy.

Americans on their own are buying solar and electric cars and recycling more. The trend is already strong. I don't need Al Gore and Leo DiCaprio telling me I need to be taxed more while they pay "carbon taxes" to companies they own, themselves and fly 50,000 miles per year on their private jets.

Yup - real genius thinking.

Cede the entire new economy in renewable energies and clean emissions to the Europeans and Chinese.

Dumber than a bag of shit.

In fact the only thing dumber than Trump are the inbred morons in Appalachia who think they are going to get their 1960s coal mining jobs back.
    "Inbred Appalachian's" Brilliant lmao