Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trump Quits Paris Accord

13»

Comments

• Options

McBobbin said:

I was reading Cosmos by Carl Sagan not long ago. Man is my god. Anyway, climate change from global warming had been a thing since the 70s.

Actually my favorite guy as well.

Have no doubts about global warming. Just don't trust government to fix it. No chance I will ever support yet another tax on top of all the taxes I pay already, for carbon emissions. Especially if Al Gore gets his way and it would go to any form of global government.

But how would you fix it then ( in general terms)? Don't you accept for example that the clue is in the word " global" and shows that countries must agree and collaborate to tackle the problem? Trump is doing the opposite, claiming it's in the interests of Pittsburgh. Regardless that's Pittsburgh has just given him the finger, how does that encourage the citizens of other industry based cities around the world to push for action?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Is there some way that the US can keep their own emissions and choke on their own problems that arise from it?

Oh no .... wait .......

Yep - probably deserved a flag @Br7_addick but was feeling particularly angry.

I wouldn't wish harm on anyone (with perhaps the notable exception of nutjob Trump).
    I flagged this because I don't understand how the CL liberals would wet their beds if I replaced "the US" with " the muslims". But yet not a peep when you've had a pop at the whole of America. Fucked up high ground that.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Is there some way that the US can keep their own emissions and choke on their own problems that arise from it?

Oh no .... wait .......

Yep - probably deserved a flag @Br7_addick but was feeling particularly angry.

I wouldn't wish harm on anyone (with perhaps the notable exception of nutjob Trump).
    I flagged this because I don't understand how the CL liberals would wet their beds if I replaced "the US" with " the muslims". But yet not a peep when you've had a pop at the whole of America. Fucked up high ground that.
    If Trump is the answer the world is f***ed - the CL morons need help if they follow him. My dog talks more sense!
  • Options
    And he's going to start by making the EU great again.

Macron is a breath of fresh air.

• Options

Brexit was a year ago yet every thread someone has to mention it

Bullshit. It doesn't even happen until April 2019. Get used to everybody moaning about it because it's never going to stop.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

A breath of fresh Blair......?

I can't remember the last time I wanted to boo (for the pun), like (for the pun), and "Lol" (for the pun) a post before.

@Matt_Wright you're awesome. Thank you for what you do.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

A breath of fresh Blair......?

Ah, the old British suspicion of anyone who tries to take the Centre ground in politics. Did you never watch Borgen?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Centrist= everytually everyone thinks you're sh1t.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He is not elected by "the planet.

He should focus more on making France relevant again. Forget about "great."

The fact is he needs to face down the unions there that go on strike any time a single modern idea is made to free up labor is proposed. Because it is impossible to let go of employees, unemployment there is 10% because companies underhire. Or outsource. This has ghettoised the youth, where unemployment is currently 20%.

Let's see him fix that first, then move on the Europe and then the Planet.
  • Options
    Can't he do both?
  • Options

He is not elected by "the planet.

He should focus more on making France relevant again. Forget about "great."

The fact is he needs to face down the unions there that go on strike any time a single modern idea is made to free up labor is proposed. Because it is impossible to let go of employees, unemployment there is 10% because companies underhire. Or outsource. This has ghettoised the youth, where unemployment is currently 20%.

Let's see him fix that first, then move on the Europe and then the Planet.
    Nor did he suggest he was. Actually, when he said "Let's.." he meant all the great countries together. Specifically on global warming. You didn't answer my question on that. You said you accept that it is a problem. Do you not then accept that tackling it requires a collaborative global effort?

As for the unions, Macron agrees with your diagnosis...
  • Options
    What strikes me about the storm hitting Texas is we get wall to wall coverage of the event despite only 2 people being killed. Elsewhere in the world dozens or hundreds of people die and little to nothing is shown on our media.

Given that, and given too that Texas could afford flood defences if they were bothered to pay the tax that would pay for them (let alone have politicians who "deny" climate change) it shows a US-centric tendency in our media that is worrying.
  • Options

What strikes me about the storm hitting Texas is we get wall to wall coverage of the event despite only 2 people being killed. Elsewhere in the world dozens or hundreds of people die and little to nothing is shown on our media.

Given that, and given too that Texas could afford flood defences if they were bothered to pay the tax that would pay for them (let alone have politicians who "deny" climate change) it shows a US-centric tendency in our media that is worrying.

The 1200 deaths in the recent floods in Nepal, Bangladesh and Nepal doesn't compare...
  • Options
    And didn't some Texas senators vote for no relief for New Orleans? Or cuts to FEMA? Or something.
  • Options
    Who can argue against this latest reason for rising sea levels -

https://youtu.be/E2tkm4iZOJ8
  • Options
    What's this all got to do with Charlton??!!!
  • Options
    drewman said:

Charlton Heston, big climate change denier
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

drewman said:

Charlton Heston, big climate change denier
    Blaming the rise in sea level on the paring of the Red Sea.