Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thunder lightning & heavy rain

Comments

• Options
    Just went from a beautiful blue sky to an apocalyptic black sky with lightning aplenty and huge peals of thunder up here in Yorkshire. Big, sweet drops of rain falling now and it’s cleared the air nicely. I might get a decent nights sleep tonight if this keeps up.
  • Options
    None yet here on the Norfolk riviera! But the clouds sag stormy.....
  • Options
    Barely a drop down this way, Bexhill, East Sussex and still as hot and humid.
  • Options

None yet here on the Norfolk riviera! But the clouds sag stormy.....

You're about to get it big time.

Brace yourself......
  • Options

That was bloody refreshing
    Stood oustide for 10 minutes

For anyone wondering my tshirt says
    Football is my Religion
    The Valley is my Church

I think someone nicked your Telly while you were frolicking in the rain.
  • Options

Managed to get rained in the pub for 6hrs. Fortunately the wife was very understanding of these freak micro-climate conditions

That’s freaky - I only managed 3 hours (plus 2.5 hours at lunch that she didn’t know about...). Was particularly moist earlier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Football is my Religion
    The Valley is my Church

This is not tinder (you big specky hunk)
  • Options
    Monsoon has arrived on Kent/Sussex border just after I said “it didn’t rain much after all last night.”
  • Options

Managed to get rained in the pub for 6hrs. Fortunately the wife was very understanding of these freak micro-climate conditions

Soaked.
  • Options
    Just went out for a walk in my normal attire from the last couple of weeks and had to go back and get a hoodie to wrap up.

With a ‘feels like’ temp of 15 degrees instead of 30 it feels bloody freezing!!
  • Options
    Boom said:

God I’m drunk

I'm so glad I opened this thread!!!
  • Options
    clive said:
    With the recent drought, I hope he sings about the brown, brown grass of home...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boom said:

Football is my Religion
    The Valley is my Church

Sorry I am taken :wink:
  • Options
    Feels so much more comfortable today. My office was 34 degrees the last two days and very hard to work in. Hope we don't get those temperatures again this summer.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Feels so much more comfortable today. My office was 34 degrees the last two days and very hard to work in. Hope we don't get those temperatures again this summer.

You do realise we may not get those temperatures again for 35 years :wink:
  • Options

Heating up again next week, into the weekend and the week after.

Looks like this is just a short interlude
  • Options

Boom said:

Football is my Religion
    The Valley is my Church

Sorry I am taken :wink:
    Don't remember Liam Neeson wearing glasses.
  • Options

I dont get this at all

This country is beautiful we have fantastic coast lines amazing countrysides and cities yet the only thing that lets it down except the pond life stabbing crazy pricks in some of it is the weather, you just cant be sure of a decent bit of sunshine

its tough shit that we have to work in it , i have had to put up with a hot office and working outside in the heat that caused us enough issues in how long it took for us to get stuff done

BUT come on its been glorious to see the kids having fun in the pools in peoples gardens the seasides heaving putting money into the economy

the countryside the same

i want it to be back to 35 degrees id take 40 if we had to for as long as sept or oct abnd i want it every year for 10 to 12 weeks a year

its going to be shitty and cold and miserable soon enough , drove me mad the amount of people saying we could do with rain

no we cant we put up with that for the last 20 yrs of summer

I do like some sun, but it was too hot and humid last week, especially in an office on the first floor of a barn , working with 8 people, all with computers and fans going. Mid 20s would be nice and we do need the rain. Gardens need it and if we had prolonged spells with excessively high temperatures, we wouldn't have enough water, that wouldn't help the economy. Our infrastructure cannot cope with very high temperatures.
  • Options
    You could always water the garden...
  • Options

I dont get this at all

This country is beautiful we have fantastic coast lines amazing countrysides and cities yet the only thing that lets it down except the pond life stabbing crazy pricks in some of it is the weather, you just cant be sure of a decent bit of sunshine

its tough shit that we have to work in it , i have had to put up with a hot office and working outside in the heat that caused us enough issues in how long it took for us to get stuff done

BUT come on its been glorious to see the kids having fun in the pools in peoples gardens the seasides heaving putting money into the economy

the countryside the same

i want it to be back to 35 degrees id take 40 if we had to for as long as sept or oct abnd i want it every year for 10 to 12 weeks a year

its going to be shitty and cold and miserable soon enough , drove me mad the amount of people saying we could do with rain

no we cant we put up with that for the last 20 yrs of summer

I do like some sun, but it was too hot and humid last week, especially in an office on the first floor of a barn , working with 8 people, all with computers and fans going. Mid 20s would be nice and we do need the rain. Gardens need it and if we had prolonged spells with excessively high temperatures, we wouldn't have enough water, that wouldn't help the economy. Our infrastructure cannot cope with very high temperatures.
    Yes, walking in the countryside, the farms are a sorry sight, with shrivelled crops everywhere