Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

Mogg has his £5 million property in Westminster to sort out whilst being distracted by his investment company. As a backbencher he must be well jealous of fellow newly elected London MP Janet Daby, who has a place in Catford and is distracted by the Downham food bank she set up and volunteers at.

Perhaps the shadow Justice Secretary, Labour star Lord Faulkner, could help out from his £17.5 million property?

Or Abbot in her £1 million+ pad or Shadow Defence secretary Emily Thornbury from her ££3m+ Islington town house, Shadow foreign Secretary Hilary Benn in his £3m Chiswick 'palace' etc etc etc
    Sounds like the politics of envy. Shame on you.

• Options
    edited July 2018

seth plum said:

Mogg has his £5 million property in Westminster to sort out whilst being distracted by his investment company. As a backbencher he must be well jealous of fellow newly elected London MP Janet Daby, who has a place in Catford and is distracted by the Downham food bank she set up and volunteers at.

Perhaps the shadow Justice Secretary, Labour star Lord Faulkner, could help out from his £17.5 million property?

Or Abbot in her £1 million+ pad or Shadow Defence secretary Emily Thornbury from her ££3m+ Islington town house, Shadow foreign Secretary Hilary Benn in his £3m Chiswick 'palace' etc etc etc

Eh? Bizarre. 'Shame on you'? Sort of thing pretentious Moggie would say.

Poster has dig at posh bloke from one party because he has an expensive house, I point out its not just the Tories with big houses.

Someone has the envy and it sure ain't me.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

They are probably more likely to help out in a food bank than Mogg.
    Anyway I make no apologies for mentioning Daby because she is my MP, unlike the others mentioned here.
    I may have been put off by Faulkner, but the other houses have probably increased in value over the years as mine has...eight times since 1998 shockingly.
    If I did the job I had and wanted to buy my place now...no chance. Mogg has a place in Somerset, and he is able to afford to shell out £5million for his London base, quite a multiple of a backbenchers salary. Not the sort of money you get from using time volunteering at a food bank largely created because of the Tory austerity that Mogg is shielded from.
    Sorry, who has helped out at food banks out of Faulkner, Abbott, Thornbury & Benn ?
  • Options

seth plum said:

Poster has dig at posh bloke from one party because he has an expensive house, I point out its not just the Tories with big houses.

Do you have a big house ?

• Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

They are probably more likely to help out in a food bank than Mogg.
    Anyway I make no apologies for mentioning Daby because she is my MP, unlike the others mentioned here.
    I may have been put off by Faulkner, but the other houses have probably increased in value over the years as mine has...eight times since 1998 shockingly.
    If I did the job I had and wanted to buy my place now...no chance. Mogg has a place in Somerset, and he is able to afford to shell out £5million for his London base, quite a multiple of a backbenchers salary. Not the sort of money you get from using time volunteering at a food bank largely created because of the Tory austerity that Mogg is shielded from.
    Sorry, who has helped out at food banks out of Faulkner, Abbott, Thornbury & Benn ?
    I said 'more likely'.
    I was comparing two backbenchers Daby and Rees-Mogg.
    The others were introduced as flankers by another poster.
    Indeed I argue that my post was valid for two reasons, it followed on from a discussion of Mogg (not Faulkner, Abbott, Thornbury & Benn) a backbench MP. And involved my own MP rather than one from elsewhere like North London, which certainly makes the mention of Daby valid for me if not for you.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Do you have a big house ?

I'd tell you, but you would be soo envious.
    ;-)
  • Options
    "Best of both Worlds" custom plan promised.

https://bbc.co.uk/news/politics/uk_leaves_the_eu

In which case you bunch of twats, why didn't you start with this plan in the first place rather than dicking around with the previous versions?

Incompetence doesn't come into it. Just how stupid do they think we are.
  • Options

I feel sick when people give that disgusting piece of work an affectionate name like Moggy. This is a man who would force a daughter, raped by her father, to have the baby. This is the man that celebrates food banks, I could go on. There are far more appropriate nicknames for the Cnut!

Nothing affectionate when I use it @MuttleyCAFC. Nothing but contempt for this total and utter piece of filth!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Come the revolution Rees-Mogg will be one of the first skinned alive and rolled in salt.

Vicious.....

....but fair.
  • Options
    Perhaps they should get over their fixation with Esther McVey for a start!!

• Options
    Mogg will never be PM or leader of a party, thankfully.

I still think Auntie T will be PM/party leader for some while yet, certainly until post Brexit. There may be a challenge after that but don’t see RM or BJ garnering enough support to get the job.

Then a while after that another general election and so the show continues.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

I still think Auntie T will be PM/party leader for some while yet, certainly until post Brexit. There may be a challenge after that but don’t see RM or BJ garnering enough support to get the job.

Agree May will be PM until the fiasco of Brexit is over thus taking the flak and blame. Then she will be dropped like a hot potato. Late 2020 is my guess, giving her replacement a run at the 2022 general election.

On the assumption Brexit is what is expected in many quarters, i.e. a mess, then I'd agree. On the off chance it's not she 'may' surprise us all and be here for 2022 but I'm coming around to the fact we won't be having an early election either way. By then who knows how popular the Tories or the other Parties will be.

In the meantime we've got the Chancellors announcement to look forward to as to what taxes will be increasing to pay for the 20bn NHS boost. Chop Chop Mr Chancellor. It surprises me how quiet it's been on this thread about that..........
  • Options
    May is the fall guy in this saga. Nothing more. Anyone else with ambition in the Tory ranks is keeping their heads down until Brexit is over. She is tainted by indecision and lack of leadership. She won’t be allowed to lead the Tories into another election.
  • Options

May is the fall guy in this saga. Nothing more. Anyone else with ambition in the Tory ranks is keeping their heads down until Brexit is over. She is tainted by indecision and lack of leadership. She won’t be allowed to lead the Tories into another election.

Agreed. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she has already done the deal where she will take the flak and then step aside before the next election - perhaps for a peerage!!
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Agree May will be PM until the fiasco of Brexit is over thus taking the flak and blame. Then she will be dropped like a hot potato. Late 2020 is my guess, giving her replacement a run at the 2022 general election.

I am not convinced she will be PM beyond next week.
  • Options
    We are now in the choppy waters before the rough seas!
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Poison chalice at present though Red.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

I think you are underestimating how much the Brexit vermin have infiltrated the Tory party. I think the underlying tone of her away day with her cabinet tomorrow will be either accept my proposal or accept my resignation. And the party that now has a "Fuck Business" attitude if it in any way interferes with the "Will of the People" is now so insane and blinkered that it will probably choose the latter!
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

I think you are underestimating how much the Brexit vermin have infiltrated the Tory party. I think the underlying tone of her away day with her cabinet tomorrow will be either accept my proposal or accept my resignation. And the party that now has a "Fuck Business" attitude if it in any way interferes with the "Will of the People" is now so insane and blinkered that it will probably choose the latter!
    Certainly it will be a fascinating day. Not sure I think May is on Resignation watch just yet. She’s called the hard line nut jobs bluff before and I think they will know that her resignation at this point might cost them government as well as the Brexit they hope for.

• Options
    Davis.
    A one off or the start of a drip drip?
    I expect a lot of jostling for power from the Tories.
    Never mind about a no deal brexit, we will soon have a no government government.
  • Options
    Cabinet Collective Responsibility means Cabinet Collective Responsibility.

Oh, hang on.
  • Options
    Boris will be fuming. Davis has stolen centre stage and made his move for a leadership contest should May fall.
  • Options

Boris will be fuming. Davis has stolen centre stage and made his move for a leadership contest should May fall.

The posturing from all of them will now hit new heights. It will be a joy to watch.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

For many davis had his chance after Howard and completely royally screwed it up by losing to Cameron. And here we are.
  • Options

The Tories are proving themselves utterly useless over Brexit - they really are a bunch of clueless chancers. 2 years on from the Brexit vote and no agreed plan in place.

Sadly I'm sure Labour would be equally useless.

This is the worst most ineffectual set of politicians I can remember in Parliament.

Here here,

Don’t worry though, Gove will be the new Brexit secretary :neutral:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!