Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options
    Davies had no choice as all his "work" from the past few months has just been totally undermined. Can't see many more going just yet.
  • Options
    Some Brexiters claim to know - including a few on here!
  • Options

Some Brexiters claim to know - including a few on here!

Nobody knew what they were voting for as it was never clearly explained - two years down the line and nobody is any the wiser.
  • Options

They sent us all a leaflet explaing it.
    The problems started when the public voted against the will of the politians.

All this 'what were we voting for.' nonsense is just a consequence of that.

You really believe that people knew what Brexit was when the evidence is clear that even those whose job it is to know havn’t got a clue.

• Options

They sent us all a leaflet explaing it.
    The problems started when the public voted against the will of the politians.

All this 'what were we voting for.' nonsense is just a consequence of that.

You must be the only person in the country who knew what they were voting for. I've not heard a single politician offer a coherent explanation of what it means.

The cheerleaders for Brexit - Farage etc - seem the most clueless of the lot.

• Options
    boris has resigned. General election before christmas incoming.
  • Options
    ANOTHER ONE, the dominoes are falling:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44770847
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England are in a World Cup semi-final. Don't care.
  • Options
    So Boris and Farage spun a load of crap to get us to vote for Brexit but neither stick around to see it through.

Brilliant

If Corbin becomes PM I will just shoot myself
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

So Boris and Farage spun a load of crap to get us to vote for Brexit but neither stick around to see it through.

Brilliant

If Corbin becomes PM I will just shoot myself

This is literally the only way this can get worse now.

Surely.
  • Options
    Corbyn might be worse, but maybe the time has come for him to prove that assertion, or maybe it is best for this 'strong and stable' government to carry on.
    The will of the people might decide.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2018
    Johnson favourite to be next PM.

PM after Theresa May: Johnson 3/1 Gove 4/1 Corbyn 5/1 Javid 6/1 Rees-Mogg 7/1 Hunt 12/1

Year of next election: 2018 6/4 fav
  • Options
    If corbyn doesn't win this election or even a coalition or minority, then there's no way in hell he'll ever ever win labour an election. Ever.
  • Options

If corbyn doesn't win this election or even a coalition or minority, then there's no way in hell he'll ever ever win labour an election. Ever.

Surely they can't be stupid enough to call a GE?
  • Options
    WSS said:

You wouldn’t have thought so, but nothing would surprise me in politics anymore.

Still, on the plus side just after the last election I had a bet on 2018 & 2019 for the next one.

But god help us if we have to choose between Johnson and Corbyn..... surely it hasn’t come to this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    If they can't get behind May, who can they get behind? Johnson will have supporters but he will also have enemies dependant on what side of the party you sit on.
  • Options
    WSS said:

They might not have a choice if they lose a confidence vote.
  • Options

WSS said:

They might not have a choice if they lose a confidence vote.
    Ignorant to this, how does one of those come about?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    Can't imagine the DUP will be happy with any of the Ultras and their kick the can down the road approach to the border. General Election here we come.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Can't imagine the DUP will be happy with any of the Ultras and their kick the can down the road approach to the border. General Election here we come.

Looking at loosing their bribery gravy train too. They won't be happy.
  • Options
    It was the recent parliament act that gave fixed terms to the length of government. If the house votes that it has no confidence in the ability to pass legislation then a general election must be called within 14 days.

Very unlikely as it would require a number of Tories to vote against the government as it stands. If the party does split due to brexit/leadership contest it becomes much more likely.
  • Options
    Shame about Boris. He was doing a great job... winding everyone up!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!