Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets Sold 12/06/17

Comments

• Options
    Anybody have the details of how many we had sold at this time last year ?
  • Options
    edited June 2017

As of 21/7/2016, season ticket sales were just under 5,500. Nothing found at around June last year.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-201617-season-ticket-delivery-3197808.aspx
  • Options

At the end of the in April 2016 it was less than 4000 but there was no period where you could keep your seat after the Early Bird sales closed. They went straight on general sale I believe.
  • Options

The ticket sales in the lower north and family combined are about 40 per cent of the total so far - they are only worth about £200k net of VAT to the club because the maximum price is £175 in those areas (£146 after VAT), U11s are free in the family and £25 in the lower north. The revenue for all sales is going to be well short of £1m overall - and that is the majority of what the club gets for home ticket sales all season. They have slaughtered the ticket revenue one way and another.

We now know who KR will blame on Sept 1st when he hasn't manged to sign anyone. THE FANS........." we didn;t have the revenue through from season ticket sales & thus unable to buy bobby no-mates from Hibernians U21's"
  • Options

The ticket sales in the lower north and family combined are about 40 per cent of the total so far - they are only worth about £200k net of VAT to the club because the maximum price is £175 in those areas (£146 after VAT), U11s are free in the family and £25 in the lower north. The revenue for all sales is going to be well short of £1m overall - and that is the majority of what the club gets for home ticket sales all season. They have slaughtered the ticket revenue one way and another.

We now know who KR will blame on Sept 1st when he hasn't manged to sign anyone. THE FANS........." we didn;t have the revenue through from season ticket sales & thus unable to buy bobby no-mates from Hibernians U21's"
    This was always going to be the case though wasn't it? KM will openly blame the protesters, and RD will blame CARD.

All the while the club struggles and his debts increase and increase and increase.

Just sell the club and sod off, already!
  • Options
    4,500 is pretty much what I expected. They may rise by 500-1000 depending on players brought in/let go.
  • Options
    Looking increasingly likely to be another 1000 down on last season.

Potentially 5000 lost fans in two seasons.

You're doing a good job Duchatelet.
  • Options
    Although the absolute numbers of STs sold is interesting, I think the more telling numbers are in the revenue decline that @Airman Brown highlights. The pricing mix as well as the decline in actual volumes sold has decimated their ticket revenues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Got mine elfs
  • Options
    I'm amazed it's as high as 4500. Most folk I know have given up. A couple of golf club buddies have renewed but they would do so come what may. One has had his seat in the east since it opened and just won't give up despite hating every minute of it at the moment.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Dansk_Red said:

At the end of the in April 2016 it was less than 4000 but there was no period where you could keep your seat after the Early Bird sales closed. They went straight on general sale I believe.
    Thanks Dansk & Shirty5
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Although the absolute numbers of STs sold is interesting, I think the more telling numbers are in the revenue decline that @Airman Brown highlights. The pricing mix as well as the decline in actual volumes sold has decimated their ticket revenues.

Only the people in the cheap seats have an incentive to renew early.

A few in the expensive seats will renew automatically, but for the rest there's no incentive to renew before the deadline (if at all)
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Got mine elfs
    Hope you got the cheap one.
  • Options
    Yep £160
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Yep £160

You forgot the decimal point.
  • Options
    I'm in. Don't want the rat to own us. But owner, manager, poor performances, silly prices, whatever...I'm sadly addicted.
  • Options
    That's about two thousand more than I expected us to sell. So much for solidarity
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

That's depressing reading, 867 in the East........ spread out guys and girls...... I think it would be finny if one game everyone all sat together in the middle. That would really emphasise how empty it was.

Got to admire some people dedication....... no not those who have bought a ticket but those who have gone online and counted up!

Fiiiiiiish
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Yes, but according to Meire, it doesn't matter because ticket sales are only a third of income.......
  • Options
    Only maintained at a third because of the loss of other revenues resulting from relegation to the third tier.

Women are better at finances, Katrien told us that.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Katrien is doubtless also responsible for the ridiculously high Intermediary & Agent Fees paid by CAFC (20% of the total paid by all 24 clubs in League 1 in 2016-17)

However, I put this down to her incompetence, not her gender.

Are you sure that the figures they are looking at are not for 2015/16 - I doubt the 2016/17 figures have been published yet. Even if they were the fees we paid would have been for sales as well and aside from Lookman we also sold, two players that went to The Championship in the summer of 2016, and two that went to the Premier League.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think we can compare our Championship team with the League One teams.