Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Tickets Sold 12/06/17

Comments

• edited June 2017

N01R4M said:

Katrien is doubtless also responsible for the ridiculously high Intermediary & Agent Fees paid by CAFC (20% of the total paid by all 24 clubs in League 1 in 2016-17)

However, I put this down to her incompetence, not her gender.

Are you sure that the figures they are looking at are not for 2015/16 - I doubt the 2016/17 figures have been published yet. Even if they were the fees we paid would have been for sales as well and aside from Lookman we also sold, two players that went to The Championship in the summer of 2016, and two that went to the Premier League.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think we can compare our Championship team with the League One teams.
    Well, the heading says 2016-17! Usually the BBC is pretty reliable...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39532082

Edit: Would be grateful if you can point me towards a source which confirms your suspicion that the figures are for the previous year. I note the article appeared in April 2017, but had assumed that the figures applied up to the close of the January window thus giving time for them to be compiled.
  • TBH, I have a lot of admiration for those people buying ST's for next season already - they are the true baseline fanbase of this club - for them to put up with all the rubbish that has been thrown at them for the past 3 years and still dish out money to watch it in some ways is admirable.

Equal respect either way for me. I can't bring myself to not have a ST, I respect those that can walk away
  • cabbles said:

TBH, I have a lot of admiration for those people buying ST's for next season already - they are the true baseline fanbase of this club - for them to put up with all the rubbish that has been thrown at them for the past 3 years and still dish out money to watch it in some ways is admirable.

Equal respect either way for me. I can't bring myself to not have a ST, I respect those that can walk away
    F*** 'em, never again till they go.

The non-league thread is going to become very active.
  • It remains my view that we stand a better chance of ousting Duchatelet if people don't attend home games. That they choose to attend gives credence to the management regime. Your choice, of course. Duchatelet will be grateful to you for providing his team with an audience. You pay; he stays.
    I won't be attending, that's for sure. The club doesn't deserve my money. In any case, I have other things to do.

Did you have a S/T last time we were in L1 ?
  • I do not respect those that do not walk away( sorry not a personal attack) but RD and KM have shown such disrespect and bad management towards my club, that my true support to my club is boycotting as I know of no other way to protest with the aim of getting them out.
    Again my view and feeling is that under this regime it's not Charlton.
  • cabbles said:

TBH, I have a lot of admiration for those people buying ST's for next season already - they are the true baseline fanbase of this club - for them to put up with all the rubbish that has been thrown at them for the past 3 years and still dish out money to watch it in some ways is admirable.

Elfs I can lend you my ticket if I don't go
  • Another depressing, struggling season in prospect. Published gates under 10,000 and actual attendances nearer 5,000. A weaker side with a yet poorer atmosphere. It really doesn't bode well. The sale of Holmes would underline that. I wonder if they might hold out until January a la Lookman? Relegation looks a matter of time all the while they remain in charge.
  • I do not respect those that do not walk away( sorry not a personal attack) but RD and KM have shown such disrespect and bad management towards my club, that my true support to my club is boycotting as I know of no other way to protest with the aim of getting them out.
    Again my view and feeling is that under this regime it's not Charlton.

I thought you had a S/T last season ?
  • I now know more fans who boycott than attend, and of those who boycott, many were going in the bad years and also went to Selhurst and Upton Park as ST holders. Yes, each individual has the right to choose for themselves, but anybody who believes this season will be better than last is sadly deluded. Still all crowd round guys, and you can be part of Katriens mythical 12,000 which will undoubtably be turning up every week.

Another chance to see those heavyweights of leauge one, Oldham, Rochdale beat us at home ! Whilst KR spouts shit at every opportunity .
  • Greenie said:

I know of at least 7 STs from my friends and family, that they could add to that total, they just need to sell the club, thats all.

4 here
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking increasingly likely to be another 1000 down on last season.

Potentially 5000 lost fans in two seasons.

You're doing a good job Duchatelet.

He certainly knows how to run a football club. Pathetic laughing stock!
  • clb74 said:

cabbles said:

Stick it up your bum.
  • clb74 said:

cabbles said:

Stick it up your bum.
    Sideways
  • Rob7Lee said:

That's depressing reading, 867 in the East........ spread out guys and girls...... I think it would be finny if one game everyone all sat together in the middle. That would really emphasise how empty it was.

Got to admire some people dedication....... no not those who have bought a ticket but those who have gone online and counted up!

Not a good idea mate...I sit in the centre in the east stand and need a clear path for me mid half pee.
  • Another depressing, struggling season in prospect. Published gates under 10,000 and actual attendances nearer 5,000. A weaker side with a yet poorer atmosphere. It really doesn't bode well. The sale of Holmes would underline that. I wonder if they might hold out until January a la Lookman? Relegation looks a matter of time all the while they remain in charge.

Your cheering me right up
  • clb74 said:

Another depressing, struggling season in prospect. Published gates under 10,000 and actual attendances nearer 5,000. A weaker side with a yet poorer atmosphere. It really doesn't bode well. The sale of Holmes would underline that. I wonder if they might hold out until January a la Lookman? Relegation looks a matter of time all the while they remain in charge.

Your cheering me right up
    That would be impossible.
  • It remains my view that we stand a better chance of ousting Duchatelet if people don't attend home games. That they choose to attend gives credence to the management regime. Your choice, of course. Duchatelet will be grateful to you for providing his team with an audience. You pay; he stays.
    I won't be attending, that's for sure. The club doesn't deserve my money. In any case, I have other things to do.

Relevance? Anyway, in answer: Yes, I did. I thoroughly enjoyed the promotion season, too.
    'That famous trainer' was quite a guy. His team was very watchable. Many watched. That was then...
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

cabbles said:

Stick it up your bum.
    Sideways
    Just as well the booklets have gone...
  • edited June 2017

It remains my view that we stand a better chance of ousting Duchatelet if people don't attend home games. That they choose to attend gives credence to the management regime. Your choice, of course. Duchatelet will be grateful to you for providing his team with an audience. You pay; he stays.

Relevance? Anyway, in answer: Yes, I did. I thoroughly enjoyed the promotion season, too.
    'That famous trainer' was quite a guy. His team was very watchable. Many watched. That was then...
    The relevance was that I spoke to you at The Valley a few years ago and commented that I hadn't seen you for a long time. You said that's because you hadn't been for years. I can't exactly remember the reason you gave, but I thought you jacked it in after we were relegated from The Prem and returned in our promotion winning season.
  • edited June 2017
    N01R4M said:

N01R4M said:

Katrien is doubtless also responsible for the ridiculously high Intermediary & Agent Fees paid by CAFC (20% of the total paid by all 24 clubs in League 1 in 2016-17)

However, I put this down to her incompetence, not her gender.

Are you sure that the figures they are looking at are not for 2015/16 - I doubt the 2016/17 figures have been published yet. Even if they were the fees we paid would have been for sales as well and aside from Lookman we also sold, two players that went to The Championship in the summer of 2016, and two that went to the Premier League.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think we can compare our Championship team with the League One teams.
    Well, the heading says 2016-17! Usually the BBC is pretty reliable...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39532082

Edit: Would be grateful if you can point me towards a source which confirms your suspicion that the figures are for the previous year. I note the article appeared in April 2017, but had assumed that the figures applied up to the close of the January window thus giving time for them to be compiled.
    Well I've just looked at the BBC link and the first clue will be that they keep talking about him much the figures are up from 2014-15. Why would they use a two year gap.

The main reason, though, would be that very few large organisations are expected to give in trading figures that soon after the trading period.

Added to that the people that they report them to would have to collate them.

However, you failed to recognise that the sale of Guudmunsson, Pope, Harriett and Cousins and the loan moves of Watt, Cebalos, Sarr and Vetokele would have been bigger than most League one clubs so it should come as no surprise, at all, that we paid agents more than the likes of Rochdale.

Add in that (if it is 2016/17) we must have contributed to Agent's fees for the sale of Lookman.

However, even thought it makes no difference to my life if it is 2016/17, I still suspect that it is the year before.

KM is incompetent but there is no need to go out of our way to find more ways to prove it and I don't think it's a big deal that a club relegated selling £15m of players would have paid more in agents fees than clubs who's turn over is less than a third of that!
  • Sponsored links:

• @kings hill addick
    Thank you very much for your detailed and well reasoned reply.
    I understand your skepticism but have now traced the info back to a FA pdf, and it IS for the period 2 Feb 2016 to 31 Jan 2017. Surprising how quickly officialdom can move when money is involved!

For anyone else interested in verifying this, I can’t get the link to work but if you enter this into google
    www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/rules.../all-fees-to-publish-2017.ashx
    it brings up a list of FA pdfs, including the relevant one “Intermediary Fees"

The relevance was that I spoke to you at The Valley a few years ago and commented that I hadn't seen you for a long time. You said that's because you hadn't been for years. I can't exactly remember the reason you gave, but I thought you jacked it in after we were relegated from The Prem and returned in our promotion winning season.
    I changed my seat and sat in a different place. I retained my season ticket in L1 but did not renew when we failed to get promoted at the first attempt. At that time, I was recovering from a serious injury and could not walk far. I rejoined the happy throng when the good Mr Powell was appointed as manager...and continued in my active support until the end of the season before last.
    I was sceptical of Duchatelet from the start of his tenure and, when he fired Powell and let Kermorgant go, my scepticism turned to opposition.
    Relegation from the Championship - a huge own-goal - was 'the line in the sand' for me.

I changed my seat and sat in a different place. I retained my season ticket in L1 but did not renew when we failed to get promoted at the first attempt. At that time, I was recovering from a serious injury and could not walk far. I rejoined the happy throng when the good Mr Powell was appointed as manager...and continued in my active support until the end of the season before last.
    I was sceptical of Duchatelet from the start of his tenure and, when he fired Powell and let Kermorgant go, my scepticism turned to opposition.
    Relegation from the Championship - a huge own-goal - was 'the line in the sand' for me.
    We must have been talking in the L1 title winning season then.
  • edited June 2017
    I didn't buy our usual 4 season tickets last season, I cant see what positive progress the club has made this season , I'm not buying a season ticket until they've sold the club, I really hate what is happening to this club.
  • Davo55 said:

Although the absolute numbers of STs sold is interesting, I think the more telling numbers are in the revenue decline that @Airman Brown highlights. The pricing mix as well as the decline in actual volumes sold has decimated their ticket revenues.

Yes, but according to Meire, it doesn't matter because ticket sales are only a third of income.......
    For her - she doesn't care - just collateral damage.
    She would rather have fewer fans in the ground than those who attend as ST holders and protest.
    She said as much at the Russell Slade Press conference at the start of last season when she was asked about missing ST holders for the coming season.

Given a golden opportunity to try to win them back (new season optimism/appointment of English manager etc) she just said "its their choice".

There you have it - for Meire and RD at any rate - it's not about the income from fans - its still about creating the St Truiden model in SE London and eventually getting those Rugby supporters from Harlequins/Rosslyn Park territory to leave Barnes and get across to the Valley for their full match-day experience mingling with supporters of the opponents and enjoying a beer.

Why are we so stupid that we cannot see that this is the way forward? Oh well, its our choice!

• Apart from p****** people off, has squirrel face succeeded at anything in her working life?
  • I love reading the 'other' threads - General Election, Article 50, Latest Films etc. etc. but my interest in football things Charlton (and football in general) has waned hugely. Until they sell I can't see that changing. Football without hope is just a series of friendlies which are dull at the best of times.

Roland, it's not just protesters who are not buying tickets, you've also created significant apathy in others.
  • N01R4M said:

@kings hill addick
    I understand your skepticism but have now traced the info back to a FA pdf, and it IS for the period 2 Feb 2016 to 31 Jan 2017. Surprising how quickly officialdom can move when money is involved!

For anyone else interested in verifying this, I can’t get the link to work but if you enter this into google

Interestingly this period would also include all those loans and free transfers that we made in February after the transfer window closed so, technically, it would include the agents fees in bringing in Fanni, Young Yun, Sanogo and Motta. I'm going to guess that these would have been expensive and would have to be considered for the 2015/16 season when we were a Championship club.

The period from 2nd Feb 2017 to 31 Jan 2018 would be interesting though. I'd be surprised if our outlay was anywhere near as big as 20% of League one total for that period.
  • N01R4M said:

@kings hill addick

Interestingly this period would also include all those loans and free transfers that we made in February after the transfer window closed so, technically, it would include the agents fees in bringing in Fanni, Young Yun, Sanogo and Motta. I'm going to guess that these would have been expensive and would have to be considered for the 2015/16 season when we were a Championship club.

The period from 2nd Feb 2017 to 31 Jan 2018 would be interesting though. I'd be surprised if our outlay was anywhere near as big as 20% of League one total for that period.
    Also, unless there is a typo, does that mean that any signings made on the 1st Feb don't get counted? ;-)