Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jay Dasilva rejoins on season long loan

Comments

• Options
    Good news. Strange that he spent so long out of the team last season, and until that point was regarded by most here as a joke transfer flop etc
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Talal said:

ozaddick said:

Good news. But why oh fucking why does KM have to comment on these things. Do as your told by your P.R company and shut the fuck up!

"we'd like to thank everyone involved in the deal"
    Giving herself a well deserved pat on the back for doing her job.....
    KM's comments were pretty much perfect if the CEO is going to comment on a deal - frankly it was a breath of fresh air to have some professionalism in a statement attributed to her (even if she didn't write it). It was short, professional and sought to build relationships rather than strut and make it about herself. If she's going to stay and comment then this is the level she needs to consistently hit in her public statements.
    Sorry but for me she's gone beyond worthy of any credit - professionalism and Meire shouldn't be used together. I'd simply rather not hear from her at all.
  • Options
    Wtf?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Beardface said:

Talal said:

ozaddick said:

Good news. But why oh fucking why does KM have to comment on these things. Do as your told by your P.R company and shut the fuck up!

KM's comments were pretty much perfect if the CEO is going to comment on a deal - frankly it was a breath of fresh air to have some professionalism in a statement attributed to her (even if she didn't write it). It was short, professional and sought to build relationships rather than strut and make it about herself. If she's going to stay and comment then this is the level she needs to consistently hit in her public statements.
    Sorry but for me she's gone beyond worthy of any credit - professionalism and Meire shouldn't be used together. I'd simply rather not hear from her at all.
    I agree - but if we just criticise everything whether deserved or not then we lose the moral high ground and the impact is lost.
  • Options
    Right! Pass me the season ticket application form... NOW!!!!
  • Options
    Talal said:

Wtf?

The picture wasn't in response to your comment - I didn't see your comment until after it was posted!

Da Silva's beard is poor.
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Talal said:

Beardface said:

Talal said:

ozaddick said:

I agree - but if we just criticise everything whether deserved or not then we lose the moral high ground and the impact is lost.
    Fair enough probably right. I will ignore her non foot in mouth comments in future.
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Talal said:

Wtf?

The picture wasn't in response to your comment - I didn't see your comment until after it was posted!

Da Silva's beard is poor.
    Not as good as yours eh Beardface
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beardface said:

To the tune of all the small things by Blink 182...

All the small things
    Solly cares, Da Silva brings
    I'll take one show
    Your ride best goal
    Always I know
    You'll be at Charlton
    Watching, waiting, commiserating
    Say it ain't so, I will not go
    Turn the lights off, carry me home
    Na, na, na, na
    Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na

https://g.co/kgs/QwHmQz

Edit: he's short.

Like it...To be fair, I can see a set of fans adopting this tune for a song sometime soon, it would start slowly and build before the crowd get to jump about a bit with the na na na bit. Perhaps we could be the trendsetters.....

Beardface's one fits the small things vibe with them both being on the small side, but if we wanted a generic version, perhaps:

All the, big teams,
    Don't know, what it means,
    To have, this love,
    Charlton, our club
    Always I know
    Ill forever follow
    Watching, waiting, and celebrating
    Say it ain't so, I will not go,
    win or lose, carry me home
    Na, na, na, na,
    Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na
  • Options
    Bear in mind that Chelsea's longest serving player has never actually played a game for the club! They like to keep them in contract and loan them out.
  • Options
    Good piece of business, enjoyed watching this guy improve in every game he played last season. With his likely extra confidence from the Summer and doing well with us, can see him as a top player this season so happy days
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Rizzo said:

Bear in mind that Chelsea's longest serving player has never actually played a game for the club! They like to keep them in contract and loan them out.

Who is that? - Loftus-Cheek?

With both Solanke and Chalobah both getting fed up and leaving for Liverpool and Watford hopefully it'll open the floodgates for other players at the top clubs to get fed up and leave - Harrop (Man Utd) was another to reject a new deal and has joined Preston.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

With both Solanke and Chalobah both getting fed up and leaving for Liverpool and Watford hopefully it'll open the floodgates for other players at the top clubs to get fed up and leave - Harrop (Man Utd) was another to reject a new deal and has joined Preston.
    goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2017/07/19/37181922/meet-chelseas-longest-serving-player-who-has-never-played

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2017/07/19/37181922/meet-chelseas-longest-serving-player-who-has-never-played

Oh yes... I've heard the name, tried to sign him a few times on Football Manager
  • Options

Rizzo said:

It's not a new phenomenon though, the big clubs have always produced loads of players who leave to get first team football, many of which end up with great careers

Players like Robbie Brady, James Chester, Danny Drinkwater, Tom Heaton, Michael Keane, Robbie Savage, Ryan Shawcross are just a few of the Man U graduates who made a success after leaving, and Man U are a club which has generally given its youth players a chance, unlike Chelsea or City in recent years
  • Options

cafc-west said:

Great news - there is real talent in him. To get the successful England under 19 captain is some achievement. Think he must have really wanted to come back as there must have been interest from Championship clubs.

he said hes never worked for a manager with the level of charisma that Robinson possesses .
    Sorry, I've read the interviews with Jay, where does he mention charisma?
  • Options

Good signing. Improves the squad and proved himself at this level last season. Happy with this. If Solly can recapture his form then a back 4 of Solly, Konsa, Pearce, DeSilva should be decent at this level, just not a lot of depth behind it.

The only problem I can see with that back line is height. Playing against a big direct side could be difficult.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Good signing. Improves the squad and proved himself at this level last season. Happy with this. If Solly can recapture his form then a back 4 of Solly, Konsa, Pearce, DeSilva should be decent at this level, just not a lot of depth behind it.

The only problem I can see with that back line is height. Playing against a big direct side could be difficult.

DaSilva has a good leap on him, a couple of times last season he manage to win aerial duels that I would have expected him to lose
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Fantastic. He was quality last season.
  • Options
    Tidy little player. Good news.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

My understanding is that Chelsea get a loan fee, plus we pay the wages, but also agree to play him in 75% of first team matches when he is available or we have to pay an extra fine/fee to Chelsea if he doesn't get that 75%.
    Chelsea have a thriving cottage industry going on by hoovering up so many players, basically trying to control the market which Abramovic learned when he controlled Sibneft.
    Robinson has signed him as a goalkeeper by the way.

You're not pleased with this signing then ?
  • Options
    Just a thought... Doesnt think make Jay Dasilva the first player we've signed on loan under Roland that we've then brought back to the club on either a second loan or permanent deal?
  • Options
    Seriously though, if Robinson plays an error-prone centre-back at left-back instead of the U19WC-winning captain just because a team is a bit lumpy, I want him sacked on the spot
  • Options
    I was adamant for a reason :smiley::wink:
  • Options
    Beardface said:

See my profile pic :lol: Even at 29 it's patchy as hell.
  • Options
    We're leaving you out today Jay. Yeah I know you'd run rings around them, but they've got quite a tall bloke up front and we need to play as many centre-backs as we can. See you next week son. Yeah Naby, you're centre mid