Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jay Dasilva rejoins on season long loan

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Good news - I think that Jay Dasilva and Ricky Holmes will give opponents a lot of trouble down the left flank. Offensively, I'd expect them to be, at the very least, as good a pairing as any in this division.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

In my mind we still need a keeper, a striker and/or number 10 (doubt we will get both) and Stewart on a 1 yr deal to have a close to complete squad.

So you think we should get these - and more, to get to a full squad. I think your expectations are unrealistically high and you are going to be disappointed.

I would be very surprised if we got 4 more in. I think a GK and one other (Reeves or similar) would give us what most 1st division clubs would consider to be a full squad.
    That would give us the 2 in every position that Karl has said he wants without too much reliance on young players although we will still be a little short in some areas.

Also I didn't say I expected 4. I said keeper steward and one of a striker or 10. That makes 3.
    I do apologise. I took it that as you said that those 3 would bring us "close to a full squad" it implied the 3 you mention would not be enough for a full squad.
    Well fans always want more. I still feel even with those 3 we could do with q bit more depth in areas...
    True.

But I would give up squad size for a decent striker, but not since Darren Bent have we had a player that you just didn't expect to miss. Happy days.