Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Norwich - PSF - Match Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Forgot to mention earlier, Stewart's cameo did him no favours with the contract decision pending. Like many others I thought he did really well at Welling where his delivery was excellent but in a moderately paced game against good opposition last night he made next to no impact and understandably looked well off the pace. Not sure how long we can wait for him to recover to first team fitness levels after so long out.
  • Options
    Anyone who this we have any chance of coming top two must live on a different planet. Poor in midfield, Crofts is dreadful and we could still be playing and wouldn't have scored. Our squad is woefully weak.

Phillips 7.5
    Dijksteel 8.5
    Bauer 7
    Sarr 7
    Barnes 3
    Fosu 7
    Crofts 3
    Forster-Caskey 5
    Holmes 6
    Clarke 7
    Magennis 6

Dijksteel was a shining light. Barnes very poor; certainly unfair to write him off but I really hope he's not used this year.
  • Options
    Was Crofts really that bad? Not his biggest fan and don't want him in the team if everyone's fit but thought he ended last season in good form.
  • Options

Was Crofts really that bad? Not his biggest fan and don't want him in the team if everyone's fit but thought he ended last season in good form.

He wasn't. He wasn't great either but two in the middle were outnumbered and got passed around just as a lot of balls got played inside the full backs.
  • Options
    Crofts and Clarke were both committing stupid fouls throughout the game. Clarke would have been sent off in a league game.

The card system in the ticket office was playing up 2 hours before the game. They were using some new staff with support.
  • Options
    Karl Robinson was talking to the Norwich No 17 for a long time after the game.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

seth plum said:

Before Saturday the club need to arrange to employ staff to sell tickets and to open North Lower.
    The club need to fix and test the PA System.
    The club need to get an announcer that can announce and for announcements generally to be crystal clear, and if for crowd management or safety reasons the announcements need to be thought through properly and repeated.
    There were about 2.5k people in last night and if there were something like 3.5k in on Saturday the club can't run things as they did yesterday. It was unsafe.

The thought of everybody turning up at the last minute, cramming into the west lower and any notion of seat numbers on the tickets meaning anything going out of the window was one of the reasons I decided not to bother in the end last night. Sounds like I was right.
    If you thought that was going to happen, you could have turned up earlier then couldn't you. Be honest you had no intentions of going anyway!
    Strange comment. Whatever flies your flag I suppose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Taxi_Lad said:

Well I thoroughly enjoyed it last night. Good idea to use just the west lower as it made for a decent atmosphere unlike a usual friendly. Those predicting a tough year based on last night ought to remember that League One has no team half as good as Norwich and for us (not at full strength) to compete as well as we did, for me, bodes well for the coming season.
    Our pedestrian centre midfield of recent seasons could be addressed by playing any of Konsa, Djiksteel, RCC and Kashi. No need for Jacko or Crofts bar a long injury list.

Plus JFC, Aribo and I'd like to see Lapslie make the late charge that RCC has
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Their no 17 was Cameron Jerome.
    Will probably be on the move from Norwich but not to Charlton.

• Options

Crusty54 said:

Hope not proper journeyman, don't rate him at all. Stole a living and dont know how he ever made it to the premiership
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

Robinson was probably hoping to bring him in to coach for a couple of weeks after he retires from playing.
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

Hope not proper journeyman, don't rate him at all. Stole a living and dont know how he ever made it to the premiership
    I'd actually go the other way and say I think he's underrated. Not a chance of him coming to us though.
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

But we're in league 1.

Jerome isn't coming to us but he more than good enough for the championship let alone league 1
  • Options
    I know it was a friendly, but I was quite impressed with both sides.
    I get the occasional free ticket to Carrow road and fairly frequent visits to the Valley.
    Both looked an improvement from last season.
    As others have said Sarr and Dijksteel were standout players for Charlton.