Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Norwich - PSF - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the updates @ross1 and guys at the match
  • Options
    Cheers for the updates Ross
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Tweets from By Clive Youlton, KentLive. It is goodnight from him and goodnight from me

Many thanks Ross keep up the updates mate
  • Options

ross1 said:

21:29 Three mins to play, Norwich fans will be going home happy...

Not if they live in Norwich they won't: )
    They'll be doubly happy
    a) They won 2-0
    b) They almost certainly live in London rather than Norfolk anyway!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    Dijksteel impressed me tonight. Sarr looked solid at times and then he gave the ball away in appalling fashion for the second. Fosu looked exciting at times and Holmes really put himself about. Some quality balls from Clarke too.

Norwich a level above but I'd be surprised to see that team do anything this season.

P.s. I wasn't criticising your efforts Ross, just Kent Live's lack of knowledge of the players :)
  • Options
    Norwich were better than us and won in a relative stroll.
    That said Djiksteel was our best player. Sarr was also good and RCC when he came on. When the Norwich subs eased the pressure Barnes improved a lot.
    Clarke has a lot of improvement to make yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ross1 said:

20:53 Forster-Caskey shoots and keeper makes easy save...
    ...Charlton look like they mean business this half...

Hoping for a big season from him. Really impressed with with what I've seen of him in a Charlton shirt so far.

Edit: just seen he went off injured. Here's hoping it's not too serious and we actually have a midfield left by the start of the season.
  • Options

Dijksteel impressed me tonight. Sarr looked solid at times and then he gave the ball away in appalling fashion for the second. Fosu looked exciting at times and Holmes really put himself about. Some quality balls from Clarke too.

Norwich a level above but I'd be surprised to see that team do anything this season.

P.s. I wasn't criticising your efforts Ross, just Kent Live's lack of knowledge of the players :)

I didn't think it was sarr, it was a midfielder but I was bored and don't remember who. Sarr did look ok but had his usual 3 air shots that could have been punished
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a bad performance. Played some nice stuff at times. Couple of individual errors led to their goals. Magennis looked a bit disinterested and Croffs poor. Dijksteel mom for me - very talented. Holmes full of energy but the red mist descends a bit too much at silly times.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sounds like our number 9 & number 10 are on completely different wavelengths from this report. I know it's early days but I really hope we get more in upfront this season. No first team keeper or working forward partnership was exactly where we were this time last yr. We havent had a capable forward partnership for years.
  • Options
    Was a patchy, makeshift xi from us.
  • Options

Wasn't Sarr who gave it away, it was a midfielder, I'm tempted to say a misplaced Crofts pass
  • Options
    chappers said:

Unbelievable! Coming out the ground tonight. Three blokes slagging off Clarke! Typical of some of our fans! GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!!!

Scapegoat front runner
  • Options
    chappers said:

Unbelievable! Coming out the ground tonight. Three blokes slagging off Clarke! Typical of some of our fans! GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!!!

There's always a fall guy early on and I fear Clarke may become that guy

FYI - I agree with you about giving him a chance, just commenting on what I've picked up across twitter etc
  • Options
    KR doesn't do two up front
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was a friendly so can't rely on it too much.

We started well, passed the ball well and created one or two chances but after they scored it was all Norwich who more and more took control. The second goal was always coming and they could have had more.

We are a long way behind Norwich but they are a league higher and with parachute money so no discrace.

We did ok and against lesser teams in league 1 could be ok.

Mag was good, Dijksteel shone, Barnes got a bit of a run around but whitschidt (sp) is an excellent player and Barnes was out of position.

Sarr got caught out a couple of times but was otherwise good, Clarke didn't do too much, Philips made some good saves and had no chance with either goal.

Fosu was busy and won a few free kicks, Holmes buzzing around as normal.

• Options
    Clarke gave the ball away a fair bit but what a through ball for Holmes for the possible penalty. Probably gave away one of the best fouls I've seen when he was laying on the floor and grabbed their guys foot.
  • Options

Dijksteel superb. Clarke impressive. Sarr played well, with the occasional lapse. Paddy sound. Match played at a good tempo. No complaints about the score but plenty of good moments for us. A pleasant evening, and looking forward to Ipswich on Saturday. Can't wait for the Bristol Rovers game !!

COYA !!
  • Options
    Sarr and Dijksteel did well to ramp up the pressure on first team starters.

Usual dross that I see when I go to the Valley, though: pre-season or not.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Wasn't Sarr who gave it away, it was a midfielder, I'm tempted to say a misplaced Crofts pass
    So people are getting Sarr mixed up with Crofts.........................
  • Options
    Sarr appears to have bulked up considerably. He is now almost as wide as is he is tall. Thought he was excellent tonight. He didn't give the ball away for the second is was Barnes.

Clarke is going to get pelters this season. He was pretty anonymous, but was getting a bit of a slagging already.

The concern is we look powderpuff going forward.

Felt sorry for Barnes, out of position and given a real going over.

Pretty tippy tappy but not a lot else. On that showing we will be looking at midtable IMO.
  • Options
    I really enjoyed watching the first half and thought Dijksteel looked the real deal. I can see him becoming a regular next season.