Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Norwich - PSF - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Crofts having one .giving the ball away for fun

Hero
  • Options
    Crofts is shocking. Legs gone AND little ability
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Crofts is shocking. Legs gone AND little ability

Don't worry Aribo will keep him out the side!
  • Options
    Barnes has a mare, goal. He's not a left-back tbf
  • Options
    20:19 GOAL!!! NORWICH CITY lead 1-0 after 34 mins
  • Options

Looking good so far. More than matching Norwich

Spoke too soon. Didn't clear or lines and they finish well.

Dazzler will blame Philips
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ross1 said:

20:07 Eerie here tonight...
    ...never been here with so few in the ground. Feels a bit weird as the fans who are here are underneath me and can't really see them.

Get used to it
    Why do you actually bother coming on here and posting or dare I say it support the team when all you do is moan or make silly comments. Why don't you just move on, you really are wasting your life.
  • Options
    20:20 The goal was a good one...
    ...the ball played out to the edge of the box from the right where Yanic Wildschut - it certainly wasn't Wildshot - fired into the net low past a diving Dillon Phillips' right hand. It's 1-0 to the Championship side.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

1-0 Norwich . Barnes gave it away on the edge of the box

Brilliant timing!
  • Options
    20:24 Norwich have the upper hand here, they have good players...
    ...impressed the way Nelson Oliveira holds the ball up.

And Wildshut is being given plenty of room to attack down the right. Defence looks sound too.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

20:24 Norwich have the upper hand here, they have good players...
    ...impressed the way Nelson Oliveira holds the ball up.

And Wildshut is being given plenty of room to attack down the right. Defence looks sound too.

They have a good first 11-14 players. Oliviera is a Portuguese international and a good player. Think they'll be in the top six.
  • Options
    20:26 Wonderful effort from Nelson Oliveira...
    ...outside of right foot, from edge of the box, forces a save from Phillips.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Oi I'll wait for the replay, then I'll blame the relevant party... In this instance it's KR (until I have been able to judge fairly) for playing a RB at LB when we have a LB available that is more than able.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    20:27 Holmes penalty appeal for Charlton turned down 42 mins
    Great pass from Tariqe Fosu to split the defence and Holmes got their first and keeper looked to foul but ref tells Holmes to get up
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Oi I'll wait for the replay, then I'll blame the relevant party... In this instance it's KR (until I have been able to judge fairly) for playing a RB at LB when we have a LB available that is more than able.
    Who?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Is five the most double-barrelled names we've had in a match-day squad?

Yes.

(Unless someone can prove otherwise....)
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Dazzler21 said:

Who?
    Phil Warman
  • Options
    20:30 HALF TIME Charlton Athletic 0 Norwich City 1
  • Options
    Seen us play a lot worse. Can tell how this season is gonna go tho , we will not score nowhere near enough goals . Minimal scoring threat , just nice build up play with no end product
  • Options
    The Left Back I was referring to is Dasilva, though I acknowledge he does need resting following the cup and this is just a friendly but win against a higher league opponent and we take confidence into the league.

I'd rest Dasilva in the next friendly but luckily I'm not the manager/coach.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Seen us play a lot worse. Can tell how this season is gonna go tho , we will not score nowhere near enough goals . Minimal scoring threat , just nice build up play with no end product

I disagree. We've had something about us in attack and we won't be facing any Championship-quality defences this season
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

From the little posted it sounded like JFC went close at the start, Mags goal should have stood, pen could have been given

v

they missed an open goal, scored, and a good save.
  • Options
    Chaotic getting in. Barnes out of position getting exposed and that led to the goal. Good precise finish.
    I thought we might have had a penalty near HT.
    Not dissimilar to the team at Dover. Much better than when I saw them in Ireland.