Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ex players not speaking out enough!

I must say I'm quite disappointed that we don't hear much from them regarding the mess the club is in.......shouldn't we expect a bit more from some of them?

Comments

• Halix said:

Good idea, I often go back to all my old firm's and have a moan at the changes to the board and management, and occasionally about how they have moved the desks around.

Wouldn't you have thought that some of them would have some lasting affection for the club and as such would speak out......it's surprising to me that we don't hear much from them.
  • Halix said:

Good idea, I often go back to all my old firm's and have a moan at the changes to the board and management, and occasionally about how they have moved the desks around.

Wouldn't you have thought that some of them would have some lasting affection for the club and as such would speak out......it's surprising to me that we don't hear much from them.
    Those who have retired have moved on, and those still playing risk accusations of sour grapes or being unprofessional. Might explain it.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Steve Brown was scathing of them on Radio London about a year ago

Knew he'd never let us down.
  • One thing I've learnt in life is never burn bridges. Some of these players may find themsleves in need of a club a few years down the line and wouldn't want to jeopardise any future move.
  • He's not a big name so wouldn't have been picked up on by many, but I remember Matt Fry tweeting about it saying something along the lines of feeling sorry for the fans, we don't deserve it etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

He's not a big name so wouldn't have been picked up on by many, but I remember Matt Fry tweeting about it saying something along the lines of feeling sorry for the fans, we don't deserve it etc.

Sasa Illichas done similar.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Steve Brown was scathing of them on Radio London about a year ago

And in the interview in Trust News.

Sasa Ilic had a go on Twitter, too, I think.
  • Yann spoke out
  • But apart from Yann, Illic, Fry, Brown, Powell, Murphy, Hollands and I think Polish Pete plus a few coaches there has been nothing.

They all lied and are bitter ex-employees.
  • Over three years that's not a whole lot........a couple of notables on the missing list are Hales and Flanagan.
    You'd think maybe the ex players association might have piped up somehow or another.
  • They might be looking for ambassador / legend work.

I think a few have kept quiet for related reasons.
  • The players you would probably want to have a few pints with are the likes of Morro,Yann,Hamer plus the coaches like Riga and Peeters along with the current players like Solly and Jacko. I bet they've got a few stories to tell.
  • The players you would probably want to have a few pints with are the likes of Morro,Yann,Hamer plus the coaches like Riga and Peeters along with the current players like Solly and Jacko. I bet they've got a few stories to tell.

Well let's hear them then!
  • Sponsored links:

• Card should try to get a few of them over to Belgium on the next demo (assuming there will be one that is), I'm certain their involvement would encourage more fans to make the trip too.

Funny you should say that ,i have to agree with you.

Its been an interesting closed season so far.
  • Card should try to get a few of them over to Belgium on the next demo (assuming there will be one that is), I'm certain their involvement would encourage more fans to make the trip too.

And the Addick who is the trumpeter for the Barmy Army.
    Watch this space as they say.
  • Over three years that's not a whole lot........a couple of notables on the missing list are Hales and Flanagan.
    You'd think maybe the ex players association might have piped up somehow or another.

But all they could really comment on is the current league position - they do not have access to the inside workings of the club (doesn't stop us commenting though!!). Have either of them commented on how the club was run when they were playing for us?

And the Addick who is the trumpeter for the Barmy Army.
    Watch this space as they say.
    Comes from orpington I believe
  • Can't we get Derek to go and butt somebody. Anybody.
  • bobmunro said:

Over three years that's not a whole lot........a couple of notables on the missing list are Hales and Flanagan.

But all they could really comment on is the current league position - they do not have access to the inside workings of the club (doesn't stop us commenting though!!). Have either of them commented on how the club was run when they were playing for us?

Yes other than the ones like Yann and Morrison who had direct dealings with KM/RD, what would the ex players be able to contribute?
  • bobmunro said:

Over three years that's not a whole lot........a couple of notables on the missing list are Hales and Flanagan.

I think they may know more than you imagine.
  • Two ex players come to mind both working for the regime for last few years.