Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017/18 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options

Never change your bet

I nearly kept it but then didn't mean to bet on St Albans, because they were fave. Watch them come in now and i am blaming you either way ;) haha
  • Options
    Bath v St Albans is a nailed on draw now @johnnybev1987
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

A simple Dartford/Havant double for me. Difficult to see these two not winning given recent form and the significance of these games.
    Unfortunately the bookies think the same, odds are dreadful.

The thing is Havant struggled at home to East Thurrock earlier this week, I think the amount of games Thurrock had played, just caught up with them and that 6-1 flattered Havant.
    I will keep an eye on this one and perhaps have a punt at Half Time.

As for the rest of those predictions, don't shoot the messenger.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

A simple Dartford/Havant double for me. Difficult to see these two not winning given recent form and the significance of these games.
    Unfortunately the bookies think the same, odds are dreadful.

The thing is Havant struggled at home to East Thurrock earlier this week, I think the amount of games Thurrock had played, just caught up with them and that 6-1 flattered Havant.
    I will keep an eye on this one and perhaps have a punt at Half Time.

As for the rest of those predictions, don't shoot the messenger.
    6-1 doesnt sound like too much of a struggle, but I'd like to see Dartford go up anyway.
  • Options

Bath v St Albans is a nailed on draw now @johnnybev1987

*puts Bath v St Albans in draw bet ;)

lol can see it happening, will do a few bets tomorrow just as i saw a nice write up by Robbo fancied doing the banker today.
  • Options
    One 12 fold that is mainly favourites

Fulham
    Liverpool
    Burnley
    Newcastle
    Wolves
    Middlesbrough
    Wigan
    Wycombe
    Luton
    Macclesfield
    Tranmere
    Ebbsfleet

375/1
  • Options
    I've put a bit on Southampton being relegated at 1.44 - cant see them recovering four points in four games given how shite they've been recently.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

I've put a bit on Southampton being relegated at 1.44 - cant see them recovering four points in four games given how shite they've been recently.

Neither can I.. however, if Southampton somehow manage to get a win tomorrow against Bournemouth, that sets up for a massive game against Swansea with potentially only being a point behind with 3 to go.

Football is a funny old game but it is still a tough ask for the Southampton.
  • Options
    Huddersfield need something v Everton tomorrow too really.

Yes, they are 6 points clear at the minute but they have a worse goal difference than Swansea and Southampton and after the Everton game tomorrow their final 3 games are Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

If Southampton and Swansea pick up a win each in their next couple of games (both play Bournemouth before playing each other) that could put pressure on Huddersfield for the last week if they lose tomorrow.
  • Options
    Ok our worst possible day is the following all win.

Blackburn
    Plymouth
    Scunthorpe. You can get 11/2 for these three with Draw no bet .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

After following Conference South football for the past few years heres my take on this weekends finale;
    WHITEHAWK V WEALDSTONE
    Whitehawk at home against a team playing tonight. Wealdstone will not fancy this. What with nothing to play for and tired end of season legs, fancy a in form Whitehawk to sign off with a victory. They drew away at Poole although they were already relegated and Poole needed to win to escape the drop.
    BOGNOR V DARTFORD
    Think Dartford will be up for this from the off against a side who can't wait for the season to end. No idea how many goals but H/T F/T Dartford may be the punt.
    HAVANT V CONCORD
    Although Concord are safe and Havant need the win, they also needed the win against Thurrock the other day. The midweek game may add to fitness for this game and at the odds that are offered look poor. Remember that they were drawing at H/T against Thurrock. Will a rested Concord give them more of a game?
    BATH V ST ALBANS
    St Albans are on a shit run of form. Bath on the other hand, looked very well drilled over Park View Road Tuesday night. Fancy Bath to finish on a high.
    HAMPTON V TRURO
    Hampton come into this on good form and will be pushing to not have to play an extra play off game. Good result at St Albans last weekend and not having a mid week game (unlike Truro) will help. Truro are safe for the play offs so will they risk too much effort this weekend?
    CHIPPINGHAM V WELLING
    The battle of the couldn't care less fixtures. Welling away form is very good, but can they be bothered? I will have this as a friendly handshake at the end draw.

Whitehawk @ 33/20
    Dartford HT FT @ 8/15
    Havant - wouldn't like to guess - maybe HT DRAW FT Havant
    Bath @ 21/10
    Hampton @ 11/10
    Welling draw @ 13/5

Put me down for Whitehawk as the banker, With the other four as a trebles/ acca. Not including Havant.

Well that truly fucked me today. Really fancied Whitehawk.
    The Welling game was. Gamble, and against ten men, sums them up really.
    Thought Dartford would come out the blocks firing, but maybe the 3 goals to find had some psychological disadvantage
    Still, Charlton was a great price today, so congratulations to those who backed us
  • Options
    Swindon let me down (drew 0-0) today had Coventry, Cardiff, Wycombe, Accrington, Luton, Lyon and Roma (plus Swindon) 185-1 - only put a pound on it though.
  • Options
    Had Liverpool to draw at 5/1 and West Brom draw/win at 10/11 in a double. Probably my shrewdest bet of the season, sadly only a tenner on it though.

Backed Barnet 2/1 and Southampton 5/4 at half time as well.

Obviously my biggest stake was on Wolves -1 at 1/1 as an insurance bet!
  • Options
    edited April 2018

• Options
    edited April 2018
    JASON PEARCE XXX
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

JASON PEARCE XXX

Yep had £5 @125/1
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Nicholas said:

JASON PEARCE XXX

Yep had £5 @125/1
    Jammy sod :wink:
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Nicholas said:

JASON PEARCE XXX

Yep had £5 @125/1
    where did you get 125/1 betfair exchange?
  • Options
    Managed to get on Man U to win at 9/5 this morning - felt it was long odds since they were at home and figured Arsenal would be thinking about Athetico... as soon as the team news came in earlier Utd to win shot down immediately down to 2/5!

Knowing my luck though the Arsenal kids will turn up and surprise everyone!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good weekend 25 on topnotch at Sandown 47 on Charlton 94 on boro got me 188 back so stuck 58 on United and btts at 7/4 a good weekend courtesy of skybet
  • Options
    Not strictly speaking betting, but had an unexpected £50 withdrawal off a poker tourny on sky poker last night - I don't usually play much so was a nice surprise.

Most stressful 3 or so hours of my life though lol
  • Options
    Layed Scunthorpe tonight at just under evens. if they win and I lose, we're all but in the play-offs. If Plymouth get something and things go to Saturday, double my stake as consolation
  • Options

Not strictly speaking betting, but had an unexpected £50 withdrawal off a poker tourny on sky poker last night - I don't usually play much so was a nice surprise.

I used to play skypoker 'alot' now the odd dabble, young_gun used to do ok now dont really play enough.

Yesterday put on my freebet 5er on Dundalk, Spurs -1 and Betis - all won so far, 3 to play
    tonight Frosinone away to Brescia - Misclick probably going to ruin it
    Newport away to Chesterfield
    Tomorrow finally Aldershot at home. Returns £155 so fingers crossed

• Options
    Yeah I did the same I win £65 if Plymouth win, £85 for a draw (both in a couple of £2 six fold accumulators that have come good) will be very happy to lose my money although if it gets down to last 10 minutes and it's still level i'll happily take the cash outs and pray for a Scunny winner!
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I used to play skypoker 'alot' now the odd dabble, young_gun used to do ok now dont really play enough.

Yesterday put on my freebet 5er on Dundalk, Spurs -1 and Betis - all won so far, 3 to play

I got really lucky in one of their £1000 free rolls last Monday evening - came 12th out of 1200 for a £18 cash win and free entry to the mega-mini bounty hunter tournament on Sunday - managed to come 93rd out of 1250 in that for £20 cash plus won another £30 from the bounties for knocking people out - ended up going out with a pair of 7's vs AK - had to push because I was short stacked - flop was all low cards and he hit a K on the river!

Was fun but not good for the old ticker!

Good luck for the bet fingers crossed bud
  • Options

I got really lucky in one of their £1000 free rolls last Monday evening - came 12th out of 1200 for a £18 cash win and free entry to the mega-mini bounty hunter tournament on Sunday - managed to come 93rd out of 1250 in that for £20 cash plus won another £30 from the bounties for knocking people out - ended up going out with a pair of 7's vs AK - had to push because I was short stacked - flop was all low cards and he hit a K on the river!

Was fun but not good for the old ticker!

Good luck for the bet fingers crossed bud
    Team i haven't heard off won, Newport let me down.

Good work, i used to withdraw regularly on sky at one point i was playing 7 days a week though which was too much. Now i go occasionally live and the odd few days a month online if that. Go vegas Sunday, will be playing quite a bit of poker so hopefully i have the luck :)
  • Options
    I don't think I could do the live thing - i'd be a dead give-away - Get Aces and act like Charlton have just scored against Millwall lol

Love Vegas my best mate got married out there last year (it was planned lol) stayed off the tables though (had one roulette spin and that was my lot) and just stuck to the slots - I remember being really surprised with just how much there is to do out there that is nothing to do with gambling as well - Penn and Teller was a particular highlight! Hope you have a blast mate!
  • Options

I don't think I could do the live thing - i'd be a dead give-away - Get Aces and act like Charlton have just scored against Millwall lol

Love Vegas my best mate got married out there last year (it was planned lol) stayed off the tables though (had one roulette spin and that was my lot) and just stuck to the slots - I remember being really surprised with just how much there is to do out there that is nothing to do with gambling as well - Penn and Teller was a particular highlight! Hope you have a blast mate!

Thanks, i went around 5 years ago and there is alot to do, although we did play alot of poker last time. This time we will again but again will do a few things around it too. Literally buzzing! Prefer live to online but do ok both really, just need to make more time as it was a good bonus to my normal income :)
  • Options

Charlton top six finish 5/1 at Coral, everywhere else now has us at 2/1 or lower.

Looking good from here. :-)