Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017/18 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options

I’ll be lumping a bit each way on Roland Rocks in the 5:50 at Epsom today. Racing Post says he’s shown some promise of late. Hoping he doesn’t revert to type, but one of those you know will come in if you don’t have a dabble.

Roland is the one person who most certainly does not rock. Lay.

:-)
  • Options

I’ll be lumping a bit each way on Roland Rocks in the 5:50 at Epsom today. Racing Post says he’s shown some promise of late. Hoping he doesn’t revert to type, but one of those you know will come in if you don’t have a dabble.

Roland is the one person who most certainly does not rock. Lay.

:-)
    When he moves on, then he rocks :smirk:
  • Options
    Well that didn’t exactly go well. Never mind. Had a double earlier with Ajman King and Forever Together so not a bad day.
  • Options
    Kane to score tonight any time is 11/10 on skybet. Feels like easy double up money to me...

I've also got a fiver on 3 corners and 1 booking each side at 13/2 and a cheeky pound on 5 corners and 2 bookings each team at 100/1 - got a feeling tonight might be a bit tasty for challenges..
  • Options
    Nice one @Manicmania
  • Options
    Fucking Germans losing to Austria truly buggered my acca :neutral:
  • Options
    Germany having only won something like 6 out of last 20 friendlies .
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Germany having only won something like 6 out of last 20 friendlies .

Yeah they really don't do well in friendlies, Portugal are the same only seem to turn it on for tournaments it seems!

Had a good day yesterday with the 13/2 coming in and Kane scoring as well so i'm 65 quid up. Gone for an in play for the Brazil/Croatia game today; Coutinho to score any time, 3 or more goals, 12 or more match corners one booking each team at 22-1 just 3 quid on it from what I had left in account after a cash out for yesterdays bet so we'll see!
  • Options
    Doubt this is true

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/03/boy-13-blew-80000-gambling-online-dads-credit-card-7600759/?ito=social

Firstly conveniently they cant say his name.
    Secondly the dad didnt look at his credit card statement at any point
    Thirdly there are daily deposit limits

• Options
    Can anyone help me with this...

Had a bet on the Italy Holland game, btts, 2 bookings each and 5 corners each. Had the 2 bookings each, btts and Italy on 6 corners Holland on 4, the literal last kick of the game was a ricochet off an Italy player that went behind but the ref blew immediately not allowing time for the corner to be taken.

Does anyone in the know have any idea where I stand on this or have I been screwed out of an 80-1 shot???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Had a bet on the Italy Holland game, btts, 2 bookings each and 5 corners each. Had the 2 bookings each, btts and Italy on 6 corners Holland on 4, the literal last kick of the game was a ricochet off an Italy player that went behind but the ref blew immediately not allowing time for the corner to be taken.

Does anyone in the know have any idea where I stand on this or have I been screwed out of an 80-1 shot???

If the referee did not signal for a corner and instead blew the whistle for full time, then the corner was not officially given and unfortunately, you don’t have anything you can do, this is where the bookies get away with so much money.
  • Options
    Sage said:

If the referee did not signal for a corner and instead blew the whistle for full time, then the corner was not officially given and unfortunately, you don’t have anything you can do, this is where the bookies get away with so much money.
    However, having looked up on Sky Sports App, it does show that Netherlands had 5 corners. You might have something to appeal here...
  • Options

Pretty sure corner markets are paid out on 'number of corners taken' rather than 'number of corners awarded'
  • Options
    Happened to me once. Was told as whistle went before corner taken the ball wasn't in play before whistle went, hence it didn't count as a corner! Bookies always win.....
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

...yeah I've just read it on the t'c and c's what a sickener!!! Thankfully I had another bet come in (only for 28-1) so i'll just have to console myself with that... Fucking ref could have just let em take it and then blown up he literally went to the second for injury time when do they ever do that!?!

i'll laugh about it in the morning... (I won't!)
  • Options
    I've e-mailed them to quiery it anyway but I won't hold my breath...
  • Options

I've e-mailed them to quiery it anyway but I won't hold my breath...

worth threatening to leave, there agents can gave some leeway with this.
  • Options
    had a reply...

"Good Morning Andrew,

Thanks for your e-mail,

Having reviewed the footage from the incident, the referee blows for full time as the ball leaves the field of play and does not award the corner. For any corners to be added to the stats of the match the referee must award it.

Apologies for any confusion and inconvenience this has caused."

I've totally bitched them in reply. The ref blew up well after the ball went out - plus their own website and BBC says Chiesa knocked it out BEFORE the final whistle.

Looking for a new online bookies if anyone has any suggestions guys? i'm fucking done with skybet - they can't even be bothered to offer a free bet or something considering 5 years of brand loyalty and probably at least a grands worth of bets in their favour over that time

I have the massive hump right now.

• Options
    Whatever bookies you go to, they will all do you over at some point. Best you can do is moan to them and ask for a free bet, most of the time they will give you one to get rid of you. They will never pay out on the bet though.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    latest reply

Good Afternoon Andrew,

Thanks for your response,

I can see on the BBC website what you are referring too, however if you look at the stats recorded by them they state there was only 4 corners for the Netherlands. Could you attach the screenshot you have of our site showing the corner count as five. We can then pass this onto our trading team to investigate for you.

Kind regards

Thomas
    Customer Care Team

my reply

http://www.skysports.com/football/italy-vs-netherlands/stats/388763

it's still on your website I don't even need to screen shot it just scroll down to the corner count.

I am actively looking for a new online bookmakers because of this - I appreciate this isn't your fault and i'm not having a go at you personally I appreciate your help, but I have spent hundreds of pounds with your company over the past 5 years.

This situation has greatly upset me and I feel cheated by your company.

regards

xxxxxxxx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck MM. You might get a small free bet out of it, but the smallest of chances of paying out on the 80/1 sadly.
  • Options

had a reply...

"Good Morning Andrew,

Thanks for your e-mail,

Having reviewed the footage from the incident, the referee blows for full time as the ball leaves the field of play and does not award the corner. For any corners to be added to the stats of the match the referee must award it.

Apologies for any confusion and inconvenience this has caused."

I've totally bitched them in reply. The ref blew up well after the ball went out - plus their own website and BBC says Chiesa knocked it out BEFORE the final whistle.

Looking for a new online bookies if anyone has any suggestions guys? i'm fucking done with skybet - they can't even be bothered to offer a free bet or something considering 5 years of brand loyalty and probably at least a grands worth of bets in their favour over that time

I have the massive hump right now.

So if you had been on under like some punters would of been and the bookies said we are paying over you would of been happy with that.
  • Options
    Joke that they can’t even follow their own company, but there is a screenshot that even I can clearly see and highlight.
  • Options
    @Manicmania
    Not sure if this helps your cause but this is the sky sports soccer app commentary.
    It’s a contentious thing as some firms word the bet corners taken and some corners awarded.
  • Options
    Part of the reason why you should never bet on corners, cards etc. in my opinion. Taking a mugs game to the next level.
  • Options
    It went off for a corner but the ref didn’t award a corner.
    Like if the defender booted the ball into row z and the ref blew the final whistle it wouldn’t count as a throw in.
  • Options
    That said, even though that it was with sky, @bobmunro should reimburse you as a goodwill gesture...
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    MrOneLung said:

That said, even though that it was with sky, @bobmunro should reimburse you as a goodwill gesture...

But, but, but .....

Not sure what Skybet's rules are but with us it is crystal - 'corners awarded but not taken do not count'.
  • Options

Sorry to drag up an old thread just for anyone interested in the conclusion to this Skybet have offered me ten quid cash as a good will gesture which on reflection is a pretty decent result considering. Thanks for the advice and the screen shots guys.
  • Options

Sorry to drag up an old thread just for anyone interested in the conclusion to this Skybet have offered me ten quid cash as a good will gesture which on reflection is a pretty decent result considering. Thanks for the advice and the screen shots guys.
    Just stumbles upon this issue and fair play for nor letting it go much respect coming from me