Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Incoming Striker Signing(s) ?

Any news of any incoming strikers coming in , or do we think we will end up with last minute loan, i'm wondering if Big Mag is really injured or just about to be sold , i'm not convinced about Tony Watt , and think he'll be loaned out again , and Lee Novak , i think could be playing non league football in the next 2 years ( hopefully not with us).

Comments

• Options
    George Miller of Middlesbrough could come in on loan. But if this happens it will be towards the end of the window.
  • Options

Will Grigg I heard this morning from a sauce I cannot reveal.

I would really be happy with this. A Goalscorer like him could be the difference between promotion and not.

I would be surprised if this happens though.

• Options

I would really be happy with this. A Goalscorer like him could be the difference between promotion and not.

Is he playing much for Wigan at the mo?
  • Options
    What about giving John Akinde (Barnet) a try ?
  • Options
    I think the budget must nearly be gone now.

IMO, Robinson might get a little bit of money for a decent striker if Konsa is sold. If he stays, we will get one in loan, probably Miller.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Is he playing much for Wigan at the mo?
    He was a sub on Saturday
  • Options

How reliable is this source?
  • Options

As you've said it came from a sauce you cannot reveal, i will take it with a pinch of salt and maybe pepper you with a pun or two....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A signing like WIll Grigg would 100% depend on offloading a couple players, Mr Watt would have to be one of those. I'd take getting rid of Watt and Sarr for getting Grigg in.
  • Options

A signing like WIll Grigg would 100% depend on offloading a couple players, Mr Watt would have to be one of those. I'd take getting rid of Watt and Sarr for getting Grigg in.

Why Sarr? I'd sooner offload Lennon.

Grigg, Martin and Miller in, Watt, Lennon and Phillips out and I'd be made up tbh (Phillips out on a loan deal for game time)
  • Options

I think Lennon is more likely to leave than Sarr, but I don't mind getting rid of either as they are 4th/5th choice CB's and we should only need the 4. We could have a perfect balance of 2 lefts and 2 rights. I think Lennon might end up going on loan on deadline day until January. I would prefer we sold him in exchange for another full-back as we do look light there, especially with Page out for a bit.

In terms of a striker, I really doubt we could sign Grigg by offloading Watt. I think it would take the sale of Konsa. Although not massively involved at Wigan, they would still want a decent fee. Perhaps they might sell if Bogle stays as its currently up in the air with him, surely they would only sell one of them.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Because he reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly doesn't like Sarr... (This is despite Sarr arguably being our best CB in pre-seaso in terms of both consistency and calmness tp get out of the sticky stuff situations)

Wrong person... He might like Sarr after all.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Why Sarr? I'd sooner offload Lennon.

Grigg, Martin and Miller in, Watt, Lennon and Phillips out and I'd be made up tbh (Phillips out on a loan deal for game time)
    Just thought Sarr would be on much larger wages than Lennon. So if it was a case of getting the biggest amount off the wage bill then I'd choose Sarr, if wages weren't an issue I'd agree with Lennon.
  • Options
    No way Wigan are going to let a promotion rival have one of their strikers.
  • Options

I think Lennon is more likely to leave than Sarr, but I don't mind getting rid of either as they are 4th/5th choice CB's and we should only need the 4. We could have a perfect balance of 2 lefts and 2 rights. I think Lennon might end up going on loan on deadline day until January. I would prefer we sold him in exchange for another full-back as we do look light there, especially with Page out for a bit.

In terms of a striker, I really doubt we could sign Grigg by offloading Watt. I think it would take the sale of Konsa. Although not massively involved at Wigan, they would still want a decent fee. Perhaps they might sell if Bogle stays as its currently up in the air with him, surely they would only sell one of them.
    Bogle has been placed on the transfer list and wasn't in the squad on Saturday. I very much think he will be gone by the end of the window. They probably would want a fair amount for him but if we could sign him, even on loan with a view to a permanent deal in the summer, that would be a great signing.

Will Grigg is struggling to get into the team and Robinson has worked with him before. I do agree, if Wigan let Bogle go, I can't see them letting Grigg go as well, unless of course they have another striker lined up to come in.
  • Options
    I want a player called Bogle.
  • Options
    Literally just received a text from a mate saying he has heard we have enquired about a Wigan player. But its not Grigg, its Ryan Colclough. I have never heard of him to be honest so no idea who he is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Because he reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly doesn't like Sarr... (This is despite Sarr arguably being our best CB in pre-seaso in terms of both consistency and calmness tp get out of the sticky stuff situations)

Wrong person... He might like Sarr after all.

Has he taken Simon Walton's place as the best pre season player of all time ?
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Literally just received a text from a mate saying he has heard we have enquired about a Wigan player. But its not Grigg, its Ryan Colclough. I have never heard of him to be honest so no idea who he is.

Winger who was on loan at MK last year.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Colclough
  • Options
    Moooooooney Mooooooney
  • Options
    Winger, was on loan at MK last season under Robinson first half of the season, 22
  • Options
    Yeah just checked him out on wiki myself and saw Robbo signed him last year. I also saw he come on as a sub for Wigan at the weekend, so not sure if they would let him go.

The validity of the rumour isn't great, but its a rumour at least :)

Not sure we would go in for a winger with Fosu and Holmes, although I guess with Marshall out we lack cover.
  • Options
    Rumours thread full of rumours.
    Feels wrong.
    What do people think about Poyet?
  • Options
    He likes a tear up then and will fit into this new ''fighting spirit'' ethos!
    On November 23, 2013 Colclough was tasered by police after becoming involved in an altercation with a night club bouncer and was subsequently found guilty of affray and ordered to pay £580 in fines and costs
  • Options
    Would like Darren Powell
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Winger who was on loan at MK last year.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Colclough
    Former MK player you say?
  • Options

Over breakfast, was it?