Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Incoming Striker Signing(s) ?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017

He likes a tear up then and will fit into this new ''fighting spirit'' ethos!
    On November 23, 2013 Colclough was tasered by police after becoming involved in an altercation with a night club bouncer and was subsequently found guilty of affray and ordered to pay £580 in fines and costs

It's ok Lee Bowyer will mentor him.........oh hang on a minute :open_mouth:
  • Options
    But we definitely are in the market for a striker.

I'm not saying it's Grigg or anyone else but we are looking and I think a fee would be payed for the right player.

If there is interest in Tony Watt and his wages can be mostly shifted I could see someone coming in for money. Roland does spend but mostly it's been unwisely.

If the right player isn't available then we can surely expect a Prem loan at the end of the month.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Would like Darren Powell

Do you mean Daniel Powell?
  • Options

dizzee said:

Would like Darren Powell

Or Asafa ??
  • Options

dizzee said:

Would like Darren Powell

mr.se7 said:

dizzee said:

Would like Darren Powell

Or Asafa ??
    we'll probably get Baden
  • Options
    Colin
  • Options
    Whether he's still any good i don't know , but at least if we did sign Will Grigg he's already got his own song!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Colin

1961? time for 200m
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

He likes a tear up then and will fit into this new ''fighting spirit'' ethos!
    On November 23, 2013 Colclough was tasered by police after becoming involved in an altercation with a night club bouncer and was subsequently found guilty of affray and ordered to pay £580 in fines and costs

It's ok Lee Bowyer will mentor him.........oh hang on a minute :open_mouth:
    If that's the case I feel sorry for the opposition already!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Will Grigg I heard this morning from a sauce I cannot reveal.

As you've said it came from a sauce you cannot reveal, i will take it with a pinch of salt and maybe pepper you with a pun or two....
    Thought I'd come back and Ketchup on this thread... I have heard the player we're getting is from Olympic Mayonnaise, another bloody foreign player, though I have heard he is mustard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Literally just received a text from a mate saying he has heard we have enquired about a Wigan player. But its not Grigg, its Ryan Colclough. I have never heard of him to be honest so no idea who he is.

Winger who was on loan at MK last year.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Colclough
    sam3110 said:

Winger, was on loan at MK last season under Robinson first half of the season, 22

Of course he was.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

As you've said it came from a sauce you cannot reveal, i will take it with a pinch of salt and maybe pepper you with a pun or two....
    Thought I'd come back and Ketchup on this thread... I have heard the player we're getting is from Olympic Mayonnaise, another bloody foreign player, though I have heard he is mustard.
    Go on, and he was born in Chile right? :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Correct. He was born in Chile and as part of that loves to Salsa.
  • Options
    We will not be signing a striker that isn't good enough to play in The Championship, so that rules out Grigg & Matty Taylor at Bristol C (ex-Bristol R). The logic being, when we're promoted we'd have to sell them, so we would pay a million, then need to get rid. Source Katrien Meire.

Therefore, I suggest we will get in a Premiership loan and or loan the lad from Middsbro (Bury until recently).

I doubt even if Konsa was sold the logic would change.
  • Options

We will not be signing a striker that isn't good enough to play in The Championship, so that rules out Grigg & Matty Taylor at Bristol C (ex-Bristol R). The logic being, when we're promoted we'd have to sell them, so we would pay a million, then need to get rid. Source Katrien Meire.

Therefore, I suggest we will get in a Premiership loan and or loan the lad from Middsbro (Bury until recently).

I think only Reeves and possibly Fosu given his age could play in the champ. Da Silva obviously but he is on loan, as is Amos. Marshall is 30 now, Clarke nearly 30 and probably a League 1 player.

I don't think we need a million pound player, just an improvement on what we have. I think if Bogle stays at Wigan, there might even be the possiblity of Grigg coming in on loan. Akinde has been mentioned, I have my doubts that he could do it in League 1 to be honest, but at least he could play up top on his own.

I think signing like someone on loan like Miller just to have another option would be a mistake.
  • Options
    I can't see Will Grigg joining.
  • Options
    Talking of strikers - what's the general feeling on Magennis ? Do people believe the "slight knock" reason for him being left out on Saturday?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Correct. He was born in Chile and as part of that loves to Salsa.
    I gather it's getting sticky because we're trying to buy him on HP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think only Reeves and possibly Fosu given his age could play in the champ. Da Silva obviously but he is on loan, as is Amos. Marshall is 30 now, Clarke nearly 30 and probably a League 1 player.

I don't think we need a million pound player, just an improvement on what we have. I think if Bogle stays at Wigan, there might even be the possiblity of Grigg coming in on loan. Akinde has been mentioned, I have my doubts that he could do it in League 1 to be honest, but at least he could play up top on his own.

I think signing like someone on loan like Miller just to have another option would be a mistake.
    Pearce, Bauer, Kashi, JFC, Holmes?
    sorry I was replying to the comments made by Covered End about not signing players capable of playing in the championship.
  • Options
    Anyone spoken to Rio Ferdinand? Might shed some light.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Really ....you re just fishing for Condiments
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    lolwray said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Really ....you re just fishing for Condiments
    That's left me in the brown stuff as I can't think any others up.
  • Options
    We only want a striker who can play in the Championship so no to Matty Taylor? On that logic we would not have bought in Yann who had been booted out of Leicester.
  • Options
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-consider-bid-for-15m-stevenage-striker-matt-godden-a3605826.html

Matt Godden for £1.5m according to evening standard.

I know nothing about him, anyone know how Stevenage played last year to know if he would fit into our system?
  • Options
    I really cannot see us paying upwards of 1mil for a player, unless Konsa is going. Even then I doubt it.
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-consider-bid-for-15m-stevenage-striker-matt-godden-a3605826.html

Matt Godden for £1.5m according to evening standard.

I know nothing about him, anyone know how Stevenage played last year to know if he would fit into our system?

That link says 15m - I nearly had a heart attack then.