Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Incoming Striker Signing(s) ?

Comments

• Options
    I'd be amazed if we spent that much but it'd certainly be a statement of intent to get back up
  • Options
    There you go Toddy, knockout humour :wink:
  • Options

What about giving John Akinde (Barnet) a try ?

Because this isn't rugby, we need goal scorers not try scorers.

That comment should see me go nicely past the 1000 lol mark!!
    Have a like.
  • Options

Dick Plumb. Given our lack of options for a lone striker, has Djiksteel ever played up front for the yuff? I know he has no senior minutes under his belt and would be unfair to play him in an unfamiliar position but he is big with a great touch and pace. He just needs to make a nuisance of himself. Might be a one off if Mag is near.

https://youtu.be/hZj7xcehvOU
  • Options

Dick Plumb. Given our lack of options for a lone striker, has Djiksteel ever played up front for the yuff? I know he has no senior minutes under his belt and would be unfair to play him in an unfamiliar position but he is big with a great touch and pace. He just needs to make a nuisance of himself. Might be a one off if Mag is near.

To my knowledge he has never played upfront. Personally I would leave him to cover the right back position and also, if required, defensive midfield.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Scoham said:

That was truly awful. Was that a competitive game? That's some championship manager management right there (when you are trying to lose)
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-consider-bid-for-15m-stevenage-striker-matt-godden-a3605826.html

Matt Godden for £1.5m according to evening standard.

I know nothing about him, anyone know how Stevenage played last year to know if he would fit into our system?

Moved to Stevenage from the Fleet last season, was too scorer in NLS and, I think, was top scorer in League 2 last season.

I'll stick my neck out and say if he is signed then I think Charlton will go up.

Millwall were sniffing around at the end of last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I also heard a whisper about Will Grigg. Not sure if true but there was a mention on twitter too
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited August 2017
    Godden is a local lad from Kent, played for Ebbsfleet & Dartford couple of years back and banged in 30 goals one season
  • Options

Lord.
  • Options

What about giving John Akinde (Barnet) a try ?

Because this isn't rugby, we need goal scorers not try scorers.

That comment should see me go nicely past the 1000 lol mark!!
    Go on then, here's your thousandath LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    mr.se7 said:

dizzee said:

Would like Darren Powell

Do you mean Daniel Powell?
    Or Asafa ??
    Do you mean Asda?
  • Options
    Did he play for them against us a few weeks back - If he did, he didn't stand out!
  • Options
    Perhaps if we hadn't Charltonised Conor McAleny he might have been a useful addition - 12 goals in his last 14 starts at this level including two for Fleetwood on Saturday. And of course the winner against us last season.
  • Options

Perhaps if we hadn't Charltonised Conor McAleny he might have been a useful addition - 12 goals in his last 14 starts at this level including two for Fleetwood on Saturday. And of course the winner against us last season.

For some reason we for loaned out Harriott then signed McAleny as a replacement winger, when it wasn't his position.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

George Miller of Middlesbrough could come in on loan. But if this happens it will be towards the end of the window.

Bury have first option to take him on loan. It was a clause in the transfer to Boro. I'd rather take a punt on Gooden, than a loan.
  • Options

Scoham said:

That was truly awful. Was that a competitive game? That's some championship manager management right there (when you are trying to lose)
    Yes it was. Even had an outfield shirt made up with his name and number.

Can't see him playing up front on his own which is what we need in any new striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would like Will Grigg (for the song if anything!) don't know much about Godden but Rickie Lambert started off in the lower divisions and ended up playing for England!

I'm not saying Godden will play for the England but you have to have a punt to find the decent lower league players! Sometimes it will work sometimes it wont.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Chrispy51 said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-consider-bid-for-15m-stevenage-striker-matt-godden-a3605826.html

Matt Godden for £1.5m according to evening standard.

I know nothing about him, anyone know how Stevenage played last year to know if he would fit into our system?

Moved to Stevenage from the Fleet last season, was too scorer in NLS and, I think, was top scorer in League 2 last season.

I'll stick my neck out and say if he is signed then I think Charlton will go up.

Millwall were sniffing around at the end of last season.
    Was 4th top scorer last year behind Akinde, ex Millwall man Marquis and Hylton of Luton.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Linked with a bloke valued at 1.5 m? What are the club paying them in? Chocolate Buttons!

Robinson has had a tiny budget to work with this summer and has spent no more than 200 grand.

More likely the next striker coming in will be a young lad from a premier league club on a loan deal
  • Options
    My sole concern at the moment is whether the club have properly scouted Godden or whether we're staring at another Ajose type signing where we're bringing him in because where he finished in the scoring charts last time.

Paul Benson and Stuart Fleetwood are further reminders of when we've seemingly done this under previous ownership too
  • Options

My sole concern at the moment is whether the club have properly scouted Godden or whether we're staring at another Ajose type signing where we're bringing him in because where he finished in the scoring charts last time.

Paul Benson and Stuart Fleetwood are further reminders of when we've seemingly done this under previous ownership too

And to be fair plenty of strikers have been Charltonised down the years under several owners!
  • Options
    it isn't just transfer fees for those signed out of contract there are signing on fees aren't there?
  • Options
    Think we could try Sarr up front tonight
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Yes it was. Even had an outfield shirt made up with his name and number.
    The worst thing was that City needed to win to clinch a European place, but drew 1-1 with Middlesbrough, who took the place instead. Robbie Fowler missed an injury time penalty.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Linked with a bloke valued at 1.5 m? What are the club paying them in? Chocolate Buttons!

Robinson has had a tiny budget to work with this summer and has spent no more than 200 grand.

More likely the next striker coming in will be a young lad from a premier league club on a loan deal

Have you got a link where I can see KR's budget and where they reveal the total of these undisclosed transfer fees?
    TIA
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

If only. A bag of Cadbury giant chocolate buttons is £1.50 and has 119g of chocolate in it. At estimated 5g per button that's 24 buttons per bag. So £1.50 for 24 buttons:

1,500,000 buttons ÷ 24 buttons per bag = 62,500 bags of buttons.

62,500 bags of buttons × £1.50 per bag = £93,750.

A much more effecient way of doing business.