Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just cancelled sky. Looking for new tv deal

Comments

• Options
    Well they have lied to me - not been able to fix my problem (I had to speak to somebody in the UK to do so). I have been told that I should collect a new router from my next door neighbour!!!!! I have been told things that I have enough technical evidence to know is rubbish and the Scottish person I spoke to acknowledged to me that their Indian call centre could be a bit hit or miss.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Sky have just offered me

full TV package with HD sport £51.57
    Fibre Broadband £15
    Full Phone package £8

Sky Q box and extra mini box for £40 one off payment

I cant get Virgin or any BT deal so am a bit stuck for alternatives
  • Options
    Cancelled my Virgin contract to move to Sky as Virgin was increasing by £4 per month which would have taken me to £74 per month for TV/Phone and Broadband (2 boxes) but no movies or sports. Their loyalty team called me to ask me to reconsider and offered me 200mb broadband, upgraded boxes to V6, full TV package including movies and BT Sport (no Sky Sports) for £35 per month, needless to say I snatched their hand off.
    Sky couldn't come close to that deal.
  • Options

Just switched to Vodafone from BT.

My 2-year deal with BT finished Aug 16. No new offer. Recently they claimed my broadband usage has mysteriously (to me) doubled to beyond the allowed 45GB, and they hit me with a surcharge. Protested by e-mail, and also asked for a new offer. No reply. Saw some BT ads recently. I rang and was give a 6-month reduction from £62 to £57, and then back up to £61.

Switched today to Vodafone. Same package, but now unlimited broadband and up to 76 thingys. Landline included and Freeview+BT Sports. £30 per month for 18 months. £24 for the box. I am a mobile customer so maybe that counted for something, but I thought it was a good offer, without any shilly-shallying. I'm just hoping all goes ok at the switchover - if any problems will advise on here.
  • Options
    Oh boy GHF. I hope the switchover goes OK, cos Vodafone's broadband customer service is utter utter shite.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Oh boy GHF. I hope the switchover goes OK, cos Vodafone's broadband customer service is utter utter shite.

(Gulp) I'm getting switched on 27 Nov, a little too close to 5 Dec if you know what I mean. Fingers crossed ....
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    BT Infinity Broadband (much prefer Virgin but can't get it), Now TV Entertainment, Netflix and all the normal iPlayer etc. apps on the Samsung 'Smart Hub'.

Best and cheapest setup I've had and costing me around £40 a month all-in (most of which is BT Infinity).

Just need Virgin to connect up the block of flats for Broadband and it'll be even cheaper and faster.

*Now TV Entertainment for 24months is part of my Vodafone phone contract
  • Options
    I have just left Sky. It feels like leaving the mafia. Fantastically difficult to do, but (hopefully) worth it in the long run. Do I have to switch cycling allegiances now?
  • Options
    Stig said:

I have just left Sky. It feels like leaving the mafia. Fantastically difficult to do, but (hopefully) worth it in the long run. Do I have to switch cycling allegiances now?

Give it a couple of weeks and you will get a call from their retention section offering you all sorts of goodies to return. When you get the call, push them hard and you'll be amazed what you can squeeze out of them.
  • Options

Stig said:

Give it a couple of weeks and you will get a call from their retention section offering you all sorts of goodies to return. When you get the call, push them hard and you'll be amazed what you can squeeze out of them.
    I had a long chat with them today, but they can't match the broadband offer that I've signed up to with plusnet (having left the mafia, I've joined the triads) and I spend far too much time on Charlton Life to want a tv package beyond Freesat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I gave notice last weekend too.....I await their call!
  • Options
    We have been (over - imo) paying £70 a month for broadband + basic sky package + box sets for years as my now wife took the deal out years back before we lived together.

We are now due to move out to a new house so got the wife to ring to give notice yesterday and they offered the same package for £53 plus the move being free.

Happy with the initial reduction but wanted more but what I'm wondering is what is the value of the 'free move' element?

The house we have bought has not had sky before (no dish etc).

Is the value of the move and set up etc significant enough to be pleased with the new deal, or should I be pushing for more?

We need to either accept or push on with giving notice asap.

Part of me says we should say thanks but no thanks and still give notice and then see if they come back again, but would I be passing or a pretty reasonable deal?

Cheers
  • Options

We have been (over - imo) paying £70 a month for broadband + basic sky package + box sets for years as my now wife took the deal out years back before we lived together.

We are now due to move out to a new house so got the wife to ring to give notice yesterday and they offered the same package for £53 plus the move being free.

Happy with the initial reduction but wanted more but what I'm wondering is what is the value of the 'free move' element?

Is the value of the move and set up etc significant enough to be pleased with the new deal, or should I be pushing for more?

Part of me says we should say thanks but no thanks and still give notice and then see if they come back again, but would I be passing or a pretty reasonable deal?

Cheers

I can only speak from my own experience, but as I said in my original post, I was paying £63.50 a month for Sky Variety bundle & Fibre broadband capped at 25GB a month.

I rejected all original offers & waited for the callback as advised on here. Sure enough, 2 days before it was due to be disconnected I got a callback from Sky. Ended up with the Original Bundle & Unlimited fibre for £36 a month.

I'd stand my ground if I were you
  • Options
    We're moving next week, so I called Sky to let them know, as they supply our TV, Phone and Broadband.

I've been getting all of Sky Sports for £10 a month for the last two years, but this comes to an end in a couple of weeks. I told them I didn't want to continue Sports at £27.50 a month.

I was put through to their sales team, and my options were:

£18 per month for one Sky Sports Channel. eg. Sky Sports Football
    £20 per month for all Sports (18 month contract)

Now if they'd offered me the same price for another year, I probably would have agreed, rather than laugh at them.

But now I'm thinking of binning them off completely, as the main reason we've kept paying that much for tv is familiarity and the record function, which can now be comfortably replaced by a Smart TV.

Should pay for itself in 18 months as we are effectively paying £22.50 per month for a freeview box (plus Sky 1 and Sky Atlantic, which we don't watch)

We're lucky enough to be out of contract, so I'll also look at phone and broadband.
  • Options

Stig said:

A bit like a pair of tits then.
  • Options

Just switched to Vodafone from BT.

My 2-year deal with BT finished Aug 16. No new offer. Recently they claimed my broadband usage has mysteriously (to me) doubled to beyond the allowed 45GB, and they hit me with a surcharge. Protested by e-mail, and also asked for a new offer. No reply. Saw some BT ads recently. I rang and was give a 6-month reduction from £62 to £57, and then back up to £61.

Switched today to Vodafone. Same package, but now unlimited broadband and up to 76 thingys. Landline included and Freeview+BT Sports. £30 per month for 18 months. £24 for the box. I am a mobile customer so maybe that counted for something, but I thought it was a good offer, without any shilly-shallying. I'm just hoping all goes ok at the switchover - if any problems will advise on here.

@GlassHalfFull How are you finding Vodafone broadband? i'm thinking of moving to them.
  • Options

@Charlton_Stu - can't tell you as yet, I'm afraid. The deal doesn't start until Mon 27th Nov. I will keep you posted.

I can add that I wouldn't be changing if BT had made me the same offer originally that they're now advertising for Black Friday - pretty much the same as Vodafone.
  • Options
    Cheers mate, currently on Sky £28.99 not fibre, seen BT for £30 and you get BT sports and fibre, and Vodafone is £20 but don't know how good Vodafone will be, mobile coverage is good if that's anything to go by.
  • Options
    Just got 6 months free Netflix from Virgin Media as part of Black Friday. Tried to get this early in the week and was told to ring back on Black Friday. Kept their word. Have, of course, been offering this to new customers.
  • Options
    Just did the same thing, was paying close to 120 a month for all My complete package which was sky l, multiroom, variety, sports, cinema, fibre broadband and phone, gone to virgin now getting it for 76 exactly the same package. If anyone is interested i am able to get you mates rates via someone I know with virgin. Just need you to send me your name and telephone number and they will give you a call. Simple as that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cheers mate, currently on Sky £28.99 not fibre, seen BT for £30 and you get BT sports and fibre, and Vodafone is £20 but don't know how good Vodafone will be, mobile coverage is good if that's anything to go by.

Vodafone advised me that they use exactly the same cables as BT but with their own controls at each end. I have had no great problem with BT's service, only with them refusing to do a deal until it was too late.
  • Options

Cheers

I signed up as a new customer yesterday (against my better judgement) got broadband, phone and basic tv for 33 quid.... box sets or movies we an extra tenner each.... soooo... sounds like they offered me for 43quid what they have offered you for 53
  • Options
    I get better speeds off my three mobile 4G than I do with my sky fibre which is 30MB down and 9MB up.

In fact I got 83MB download stood in the middle of a field in Gloucestershire a few months back.

We're moving next week (hopefully) so I'm hoping the fibre speed improves.
  • Options
    What's people's experiences of BT Infinity? Virgin have just upped my bill to £48 for broadband only!!!!

Checked the BT website for deals before phoning Virgin to see what they will offer and they currently have an offer for 78 meg guaranteed, Basic TV package including BT Sport, Netflix and £150 prepaid MasterCard for £49 a month then £52 after 3 months, it seems a good deal but I've heard BT infinity is the most reliable and the customer service/support isn't great either.
  • Options

I promised to write back about the Vodafone service. This is in SE18.

No problems to speak of, apart from the loss of BT Sport and some other subscription channels which I thought would continue as part of the new package. Not too bothered for now - doubtless my misunderstanding. Unlimited broadband at 76 mbps, basic Freeview and a land-line for £30/month, and after four weeks the service has been impeccable. Broadband has worked flawlessly.
  • Options
    Got BT Infinity and its fine and been very reliable. Customer services is like most broadband suppliers hit and miss but I have not had to phone them re problems so not an issue.
  • Options
    Virgin. Decent deals around.
  • Options
    I got sky a few weeks back. TV only. HD all in except cinema for £30 a month.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

How the hell did you get that? I signed up 25 days ago and got basic tv on Sky q, broadband, landline for £33. Just basic HD. No sports. No box sets. No movies.

Are you talking 30 quid without broadband?
  • Options

ChiAddick said:

How the hell did you get that? I signed up 25 days ago and got basic tv on Sky q, broadband, landline for £33. Just basic HD. No sports. No box sets. No movies.

Are you talking 30 quid without broadband?
    Yea TV only.