Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just cancelled sky. Looking for new tv deal

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I’ve had 2 sky boxes go wrong, so was keen to get a different box.I got a new Sky Q box , with 2 mini boxes for £12 less a month, also got a replacement dish for free, as old one was going rusty.

Time will tell for me whether Sky Q is any better, but the picture used to drop out halfway through a football match, and the box didn’t record even though the red light on the box was showing you it was.

Just out of interest how does the UHD work?

it seems very limited in channels offered.
  • Options
    Managed to get my bill down to £41.50 for next 12 months 
  • Options
    Had my regular battle with Sky this morning.  From my original post,  I managed to get my bill down to £36 for 18 months for the basic package & internet, but that's now run out & the bill has crept back up to £54.

Phoned sky this morning & the best they can drop it to is £50, which I still think is too much for what we're getting so I've cancelled sky & will await a better offer from them.

It frustrates me that we have to go through this every 18 months.  It's such a ballache! 
    We've just got our bill down to £42 for unlimited fibre and basic package and sky q.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Got the seemingly regular notice of increase (£2) taking the monthly bill to £57 for complete sports and entertainment packages. Phoned them up prepared to close account and got a £10 discount for 18 months. Ask for Jennifer :wink:.
  • Options
    It's a dance me and Sky do yearly, they put my bill up, I phone them and tell them I'm not paying that much for what I have, they reduce it and the same thing happens again in 12 months time 

For the record I have 2 sky q boxes, full sky package sports, films and HD or UHD downstairs and pay 50.50 a month

This is a reduction from the 82 they tried to charge me 
  • Options
    I'm now paying £140+ per month for Sky Q 3 boxes phone and broadband they recently lumped on box sets without me knowing and increased all other charges. Customer service unhelpful  and rude, put the phone down on me when I caught him out, will cancel as soon as I get time or might stay if they reduce the cost drastically. 
  • Options
    mickc said:
    I'm now paying £140+ per month for Sky Q 3 boxes phone and broadband they recently lumped on box sets without me knowing and increased all other charges. Customer service unhelpful  and rude, put the phone down on me when I caught him out, will cancel as soon as I get time or might stay if they reduce the cost drastically. 
    Don't waste your time with customer service. Ask to speak to the disconnection section, tell them you are leaving and they will almost certainly offer you a deal to stay. 

Seriously try again. 
  • Options
    Just noticed my bill has shot up from 44.80 to 78! On the blower to them. 
  • Options

About 18 months ago I couldn't never envisage leaving Sky but was forced to after the dish signal was being blocked by trees next door.

Moved to Now TV then eventually just the Internet and streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, BT sport (app only cast to the TV) and Eurosport.

Enough TV to keep me happy at half the price of sky.

• Options
    NAVIXSPORT app for the iphone, all matches including 3pm prem games and Champions league
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I used to think I was bartering well, but I'm obviously not. Next renegotiation day I'm going to get drunk first and really go for it. 
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Got them down to £49pm 18 months. 
    Cinema, sports, movies and boxsets. 
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    iamdan said:
    Is that HD and more than one box? I'm not competing I want to know if I need to phone them back up and bollock them or not 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    iamdan said:
    iamdan said:
    Is that HD and more than one box? I'm not competing I want to know if I need to phone them back up and bollock them or not 
    If it's any help...Just had a look and I'm £58 a month. That is absolutely everything (Sky Q) (inc top level Netflix) and one extra mini box.

Entertainment - £15, Ultimate On Demand - £10, Kids - £1, Sports & Cinema - £19, Sports HD - Free, Sky HD - £1, Multiscreen - £12.
  • Options
    I was quite happy with my new deal, but judging by the deal some of you have got, I could've done better! 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    iamdan said:
    iamdan said:
    Just HD mate. 
  • Options
    Cheers mate
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    cafcpolo said:
    Carter said:
    iamdan said:
    iamdan said:
    If it's any help...Just had a look and I'm £58 a month. That is absolutely everything (Sky Q) (inc top level Netflix) and one extra mini box.

Entertainment - £15, Ultimate On Demand - £10, Kids - £1, Sports & Cinema - £19, Sports HD - Free, Sky HD - £1, Multiscreen - £12.
    Got a similar Black Friday deal last year but yours is just a bit better.

Entertainment - £10, Kids - £1, Sports - £28, Cinema - £5, Box Sets - £1, Multiscreen - £12, Sky HD & Sky Sports HD - free.

Total £57 includes Sky Q and two extra mini boxes.

On top of this I also have Sky Talk Line Rental - £9.99, Sky Fibre Unlimited - £6.01 Total £15

Grand Total £72 a month for all the above and not even received anything about upcoming price rises either. As others have said, every 18 months or so you have to play the game with Sky, reject the first offer then find something like a 50% off everything offer just as your contract is about to end.
  • Options
    Any tips for new sky customers (as opposed to existing customers bartering for a new deal)? My BT has gone up and looking to switch, seems i can get a much better deal with Virgin/Sky. Called Sky up to see what they would offer me but frustratingly just told me they can't better what was online. And unfortunately I don't have any family/friends working for Sky for the discount code!
  • Options
    P.S. Top Cashback are doing some great cashback deals, up to £130 cashback for new Sky customers taking out a package, and up to £250(!) on Virgin media! The Virgin offer is leaning me towards taking out a 12month contract with them to be honest, 

Think I've also got a Top Cashback referral bonus code if anyone needs it!