Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v West Indies 2017

Comments

• Options
    the way he throws himself around on the field and the aggressive nature of his batting it doesn't surprise me his body is starting to suffer.
  • Options
    Playing 5 seamers makes no sense. What can a captain do with them? Obviously if Stokes can't bowl then that is different. Hopefully he can be given a good rest before the Ashes series.

As for the batting we do have options. Both Hales and Ballance are getting runs and this is now their favoured position. As 2 and 3 it hasn't worked for them but they have both got a hatful of runs and deserves to be given a chance in their now favoured position if Malan continues to fail.

I think Bairstow has good technique and could do a good job at 3 (or even 2). This may mean taking the gloves off him but we have some good options here.
  • Options
    I think Bairstow is better down the over (6 ish), as it enables him to be aggressive. His keeping is pretty good as well
  • Options
    Windies 137-3 and making a game of this
  • Options

If this goes on too much longer, it will become a case of whether we can make a game of this. 160 for 3 and closing in.
  • Options

If this goes on too much longer, it will become a case of whether we can make a game of this. 160 for 3 and closing in.
    Unless they score 500 we'll make a game of it!
  • Options
    206-3, well played Brathwaite who gets his century
  • Options
    The West Indies board will be looking to play England less often or demand shorter series' if we continue to put out these uncompetitive sides.
  • Options
    Now Hope reaches his century

It's England who've been Hopeless today
  • Options
    West Indies go past England, an amazing stand of well over 200
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    perhaps the decision to drop TRJ wasn't wise!
  • Options
    Brathwaite bowled by Broad for 134

• Options
    redman said:

Playing 5 seamers makes no sense. What can a captain do with them? Obviously if Stokes can't bowl then that is different. Hopefully he can be given a good rest before the Ashes series.

As for the batting we do have options. Both Hales and Ballance are getting runs and this is now their favoured position. As 2 and 3 it hasn't worked for them but they have both got a hatful of runs and deserves to be given a chance in their now favoured position if Malan continues to fail.

I think Bairstow has good technique and could do a good job at 3 (or even 2). This may mean taking the gloves off him but we have some good options here.

It makes sense if they are getting wickets. We are not getting enough runs so need to get wickets. Stokes 6, Ali 7 and Woakes 8 is decent anyway, with TRJ chipping in from 9. Possibly could go with 2 spinners as Rashid is a good Number 9. Hales and Ballance are decent players, but neither have done all that at test level. Would go with Hales over Ballance, he's been tried now and doesn't do it, whether that's 3, 4 or 5, he hasn't scored runs.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

redman said:

It makes sense if they are getting wickets. We are not getting enough runs so need to get wickets. Stokes 6, Ali 7 and Woakes 8 is decent anyway, with TRJ chipping in from 9. Possibly could go with 2 spinners as Rashid is a good Number 9. Hales and Ballance are decent players, but neither have done all that at test level. Would go with Hales over Ballance, he's been tried now and doesn't do it, whether that's 3, 4 or 5, he hasn't scored runs.
    I'm not his biggest fan but I'd pick Bell over either Ballance or Hales. Would the selectors eat that much humble pie though?
  • Options
    Anderson has 2 wicket's with the first 2 balls of the day - on a hat trick.
  • Options
    Blimey. Anderson takes 2 wickets from first two balls.
    On a hattrick
  • Options
    Doesn't get the hat trick but now only 3 away from 500 test wicket's.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41065524

Stokes gets another penalty point, 1 point away from a ban. Do something else naughty in this match to get the ban out of the way before the Ashes?
  • Options

redman said:

I'm not his biggest fan but I'd pick Bell over either Ballance or Hales. Would the selectors eat that much humble pie though?
    Bell is in terrible form though. Gave up Warwickshire captaincy to Trott to find some form though so might end the season well.
  • Options

redman said:

Bell is in terrible form though. Gave up Warwickshire captaincy to Trott to find some form though so might end the season well.
    Doubt it. His form has been symbolic for over 2 years now. I doubt he has it still in him. Anyone who's seen him or followed county cricket knows he's not got it any more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Truly idiotic shot from Holder, leaving the door slightly ajar. Keep your foot on the throat, as any Australian knows
  • Options
    Two, three and five I'd choose between Habeeb, Stoneman, Morgan and Hales (at 5) with Bairstow an option to move to three.
  • Options
    Terrible shot from Westley. Good fifty from Stoneman.
  • Options
    People have been asking for Stoneman all summer, yet Westley and Malan were chosen ahead of him...
  • Options
    WI may not be the best attack but now have genuine pace but Stoneman.......oh bollocks he is out now
  • Options
    cfgs said:

WI may not be the best attack but now have genuine pace but Stoneman.......oh bollocks he is out now

Malan got away with a thin edge, a real struggle out there
  • Options

cfgs said:

Malan got away with a thin edge, a real struggle out there
    I was going to say decent batting under pressure.
  • Options
    Root then dropped in the gully!
  • Options
    Need to be ahead before Bairstow and Stokes come in, then we have a chance to set some form of target.
  • Options
    We need to bat until tea tomorrow to set a target in excess of 200.
    Great comeback by the Windies this test though