Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Does Novak want to leave ?

Comments

• Options

no offence but hes not even harry h corbett is he? i personally would have had wilfrid brambell over him,

• Options
    If he wants to go just cancel his contract and get his wages off the books
  • Options
    As I posted on another thread, his career stats are not that bad, compared to some. He has done it in more than one season. But agree he has never looked like living up to that with us.

No way he should get a sweetener from us if he does leave, If it's him who wants out rather than us wanting to get rid.
  • Options

If he wants to go just cancel his contract and get his wages off the books

he will still want a payment for the remainder of his contract though. If he can get a gig elsewhere we may be able to settle at less and save some dosh though.
  • Options
    some claiming he is homesick.
  • Options
    Don't let the door smack you on the arse on the way out Lee.
  • Options
    if he is homesick ill get a crate of newky brown in if he gets a hat trick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Expect him to sign for Brighton shortly then
  • Options
    I've seen him have one good game for us.

Usually I'd be saying we won't miss him, but with our severe lack of players we almost certainly would. Shambles
  • Options
    edited August 2017

If he wants out cos he thinks he's got some sort of right to play all the time he can fuck right off.
    If he and his agent are already trying to tickle up his contract he can fuck right off, he's hardly set anything alight so far has he? (bar a few farts - allegedly)
    50:50 there's nothing in this bar a newspaper needing a back page.
    If there's nothing in it and Lee has a molecule of integrity he'll be straight on twitter scotching the story and giving SLP what for.... we'll see.
    If his heart isn't in it 100% we're better off without, just as with theTWatt, his sort are bad for the dressing room.
    Obviously the penny pinching pea-brain pensioner president won't sanction any new signings regardless of how many quitters quit and to my mind we'll be better off with KAG, Umerah, RHF anyway. Even better if some fucktard hadn't loaned off Hanlan so early.
    Novak can knuckle down, earn his corn and prove me wrong or we'll do just fine without him.

Given the story has comment from Robinson, the author and the prominence given to it, I think you can rely on its accuracy. It doesn't mean it will happen.

Let's face it, the story is much more credible than anything the club might put out on the subject.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

We could do a straight swap with Everton for Lookman and kill two birds with one stone......... I'm sure they'd oblige wouldn't they :open_mouth: .
  • Options
    If the conspiracy theorists are to be believed goodness knows what Lee would have had to do next if the referee hadn't sent him off.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

We could do a straight swap with Everton for Lookman and kill two birds with one stone......... I'm sure they'd oblige wouldn't they :open_mouth: .
    I'd settle for a couple of training bibs and a set of cones.
  • Options
    Even though I don't rate him & wouldn't miss him if he left, there is NO way we can let him leave in this transfer window without replacing him...... that would be utter madness. (and by replacing him I don't mean getting in a young Prem reserve who hasn't played more than a handful of games or a nobody from League two.
  • Options

As I posted on another thread, his career stats are not that bad, compared to some. He has done it in more than one season. But agree he has never looked like living up to that with us.

No way he should get a sweetener from us if he does leave, If it's him who wants out rather than us wanting to get rid.

He's a 1/5ish striker, with most of his time being spent in the Championship. He came to us with the reputation of being a real hard worker, hassling and harrying. The few times I've seen him play I've not seen that, and I've not seen good enough technique or finishing to do much of anything else.

That said, I think he is capable of much better than what we've seen from him thus far. That red card on the opening day was infuriatingly stupid. But I do think that if he's fit and interested, something he didn't look like last year, he could fit the system well.

I think we *can* improve upon him as a second choice striker. I'm not convinced we will with two weeks to go until the deadline, given that we are looking only in Britain for a complete center forward, something most clubs above us are looking for as well.
  • Options
    At least he's let us know with plenty of time for us to get a replacement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've not seen Novak play one good game for Charlton. He has always given me the impression that he doesn't want to be here and can't be bothered, just like Ajose, disinterested. (and like watching the WI cricket team today).

So if he wants to go then let him, on the proviso that we get in a minimum of 2 decent strikers.
  • Options
    Some were saying we needed 2 strikers after Watt left. Others one. If Novak goes we need 2 minimum 3 ideally. But we will be lucky if we get one.

When charlton ask for a striker we are lead to believe the asking price starts at £1m. Yet she one of ours leave the discussion starts how much of he's wages you going to pay for us to take him of your hands.
  • Options
    I like Novak, hope he stays.
  • Options
    Novak has done very little since he arrived but as we now only have two strikers at the club he will be given plenty of opportunities to show what he can do.
    personally I think he will do ok this season and prove his worth
  • Options
    What he has to do is increase his goal ratio - you will alays miss some, but he missed too many convertable chances last season which cost us important points. If you are a striker, you need to know where the goal is - His record suggests he does - He just has to knuckle down and do what he is paid for.
  • Options
    What is John Marquis like, decent recent scoring record. 6ft 1 and from Lewsisham.
  • Options
    Lewisham John is very Div 2.
  • Options

So we have 2 senior strikers. 1 allegedly wants to leave and the other is rumoured to have turned down a contract extension, although thisbis denied by de cloob.

Great.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59971a6b21340/northern-ireland-international-josh-magennis-extends-contract-at-charlton

How disappointed you must be...
  • Options

If he wants out cos he thinks he's got some sort of right to play all the time he can fuck right off.
    If he and his agent are already trying to tickle up his contract he can fuck right off, he's hardly set anything alight so far has he? (bar a few farts - allegedly)
    If there's nothing in it and Lee has a molecule of integrity he'll be straight on twitter scotching the story and giving SLP what for.... we'll see.
    If his heart isn't in it 100% we're better off without, just as with theTWatt, his sort are bad for the dressing room.
    Obviously the penny pinching pea-brain pensioner president won't sanction any new signings regardless of how many quitters quit and to my mind we'll be better off with KAG, Umerah, RHF anyway. Even better if some fucktard hadn't loaned off Hanlan so early.
    Novak can knuckle down, earn his corn and prove me wrong or we'll do just fine without him.

A great post - I want to both Like it and LOL it. However, I don't share the delirious enthusiasm for KAG, Umerah, RHF and Hanlan. Our academy players aren't nearly as good as many folk think.
  • Options

A great post - I want to both Like it and LOL it. However, I don't share the delirious enthusiasm for KAG, Umerah, RHF and Hanlan. Our academy players aren't nearly as good as many folk think.
    Thought KAG looked like he had real potential when I first saw him. Sadly we don't nurture our youngsters these days, we just chuck them in and say "sink or swim". The ones that swim get sold asap.