Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Does Novak want to leave ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

If he wants out cos he thinks he's got some sort of right to play all the time he can fuck right off.
    If he and his agent are already trying to tickle up his contract he can fuck right off, he's hardly set anything alight so far has he? (bar a few farts - allegedly)
    50:50 there's nothing in this bar a newspaper needing a back page.
    If there's nothing in it and Lee has a molecule of integrity he'll be straight on twitter scotching the story and giving SLP what for.... we'll see.
    If his heart isn't in it 100% we're better off without, just as with theTWatt, his sort are bad for the dressing room.
    Obviously the penny pinching pea-brain pensioner president won't sanction any new signings regardless of how many quitters quit and to my mind we'll be better off with KAG, Umerah, RHF anyway. Even better if some fucktard hadn't loaned off Hanlan so early.
    Novak can knuckle down, earn his corn and prove me wrong or we'll do just fine without him.

A great post - I want to both Like it and LOL it. However, I don't share the delirious enthusiasm for KAG, Umerah, RHF and Hanlan. Our academy players aren't nearly as good as many folk think.
    Thought KAG looked like he had real potential when I first saw him. Sadly we don't nurture our youngsters these days, we just chuck them in and say "sink or swim". The ones that swim get sold asap.
    I'll level many things at Charlton but to say we don't nurture our youngsters to plain wrong. Yes KAG was thrown in too early but all of the others have either been ready (Gomez, Lookman, Konsa, Aribo) or not good enough.
  • Options
    Might pop into Currys Pc world and get a new dishwasher tomorrow , think it could do a job for us upfront.
  • Options

Might pop into Currys Pc world and get a new dishwasher tomorrow , think it could do a job for us upfront.

Get a washing machine as well and we can stick it in goal...........even I can't sink as low as finishing that joke.
  • Options

Does it pass the CL height test?
  • Options
    Novak is just playing a ploy for an improved contract after seeing Magennis extended contract containing 10% of the PR budget.
  • Options

What is John Marquis like, decent recent scoring record. 6ft 1 and from Lewsisham.

The only time I've seen him play was @ Sparrows Lane in a U21 match ("2012/13?). He looked to be the only player in the Millwall team with the slightest chance of making it. But, then I thought Joe Pigott was good!
  • Options
    Hasn't exactly torn this league up for me to think, if its true that he wants to move on, that he is worth keeping hold of. He had his chance to make a name for himself and fluffed it big time last season and on the opening day of this one.
  • Options
    Novak's career with us has been stop/start as a result of injuries but he's never impressed and I can understand why he would want to leave the club. There are, however, two fundamental problems:

1. first, no League 1 club is going to be able or willing to match his wages and, with two years left on his contract, he's not going to want to take a complete bath on his remuneration. Chesterfield would probably want him back in League 2 but they probably couldn't afford more than £100,000 or so.

Maybe Novak and his agent were exploring whether 'an accommodation' might be possible. A bit of a piss take but, given our dismal track record, you can't blame them for trying;

2. secondly, we're already a striker light and, notwithstanding the obsession of Roland and Katrien with the budget, I don't think even they would countenance going into September with just one senior striker. We can no longer take loan players after the window closes and you're then left with scouring the bottom of the barrel for unfit and uncontracted players.

I think that Novak's interests would be best served by knuckling down and trying to prove his critics wrong. He's done it in the past at this level and there's no reason why he can't again if he really applies himself. He's going to get game time and a few decent performances might stimulate some interest in him for the January window. In that respect, there is an identity of interest.
  • Options

What is John Marquis like, decent recent scoring record. 6ft 1 and from Lewsisham.

he's been improving over the years .. better than a goal every 2 games for Donny despite the majority scored in the 2nd .. I'd like him in our side .. Donny would ask a lot of money though as they are an ambitious outfit and Lord Marquis is one of their main men
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have spent a lot of money under these clowns. If it had been channelled properly with the right people on the pay roll we could have been play-off prospects in the Championship and not a division below.

Perhaps we would not have been saddled with players on long expensive contracts who either want to leave or who are just not good enough.
  • Options

Another decent player chased out by the boo boys on social media.

Get behind the players

I know I'm in the minority but still think he could do a good job for us.

agree
    Get behind the players yes, but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade

I can remember more sitters he's missed than goals he's scored
  • Options

So we have 2 senior strikers. 1 allegedly wants to leave and the other is rumoured to have turned down a contract extension, although thisbis denied by de cloob.

Great.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59971a6b21340/northern-ireland-international-josh-magennis-extends-contract-at-charlton

How disappointed you must be...
    Not at all. Im over the moon with the news as I will be when (if) we sign a new striker and when (if) Novak comes good.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    In the Josh Maggenis interview on football league show it sounded like Novak had already gone
  • Options

In the Josh Maggenis interview on football league show it sounded like Novak had already gone

Whether he goes or not, we need a number 9 and a striker that can play wide
  • Options
    It'll be very interesting to see how he plays on Tuesday (if he hasn't been sold by then of course). He'll have even more to prove than normal.
  • Options
    SLP reporting that after speaking to karl its his decision.
  • Options

If he wants out cos he thinks he's got some sort of right to play all the time he can fuck right off.
    If he and his agent are already trying to tickle up his contract he can fuck right off, he's hardly set anything alight so far has he? (bar a few farts - allegedly)
    If there's nothing in it and Lee has a molecule of integrity he'll be straight on twitter scotching the story and giving SLP what for.... we'll see.
    If his heart isn't in it 100% we're better off without, just as with theTWatt, his sort are bad for the dressing room.
    Obviously the penny pinching pea-brain pensioner president won't sanction any new signings regardless of how many quitters quit and to my mind we'll be better off with KAG, Umerah, RHF anyway. Even better if some fucktard hadn't loaned off Hanlan so early.
    Novak can knuckle down, earn his corn and prove me wrong or we'll do just fine without him.

A great post - I want to both Like it and LOL it. However, I don't share the delirious enthusiasm for KAG, Umerah, RHF and Hanlan. Our academy players aren't nearly as good as many folk think.
    My enthusiasm for our young strikers is very far from delirious, I was rather damning them with the faintest of praise - we're better off with any of those enthusiastic, vigorous youngsters than Novak's brand of lumbering self-interest (decent goal against the canaries notwithstanding).
    BTW Lee, if you're reading this, still waiting for you to refute the accusations with a chest pounding call to arms and declaration of desire to reach higher levels with Charlton... (breath not being held)
  • Options

SLP reporting that after speaking to karl its his decision.

Whose decision - Novak, Karl or some bloke from the newspaper ?
  • Options

My enthusiasm for our young strikers is very far from delirious, I was rather damning them with the faintest of praise - we're better off with any of those enthusiastic, vigorous youngsters than Novak's brand of lumbering self-interest (decent goal against the canaries notwithstanding).
    BTW Lee, if you're reading this, still waiting for you to refute the accusations with a chest pounding call to arms and declaration of desire to reach higher levels with Charlton... (breath not being held)
    I'd rather he did what he is paid to on the pitch than come out with a BS speech...

The same message to all the guys, please Cilla.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slightly different take from clickbait hell
    ----------------------

Karl Robinson backs Lee Novak to come good for Charlton.

Novak experienced an injury-plagued debut season at the Valley, scoring just twice.

And his 2017/18 campaign got off to the worse possible start when he was sent off after just six minutes against Bristol Rovers.

But Novak netted in Charlton’s 4-1 defeat to Norwich on Tuesday, ending a run of 22 games in all competitions without a goal.

And Addicks boss Robinson expects the frontman, who has enjoyed prolific spells with Huddersfield and Chesterfield in League One, to kick on.

He said: “I thought Lee was excellent, his all-round play was superb. I just hope he can continue that - we’ll be there and support him.

“One thing people can’t question is Lee Novak’s work ethic. We just want to see him score more goals. And I’m sure he will.”

Robinson has made no secret of his desire to bring in another striker before the transfer window closes.

The Addicks have been linked with Will Grigg, Matthew Godden and John Akinde in recent weeks.

And during the speculation, the club’s two senior strikers, Josh Magennis and Novak, opened their accounts for the season in the last week.

Robinson added: “It’s made me over the moon - it also made the board happy as well! I’ve always been told the players we have here are very competitive, and they certainly are.

“I do believe on their day Josh and Lee will be as difficult a pairing as anybody. So, I’ve never moaned about what we've got - I just want more. I’m greedy.

“Lee will score goals for us. The way our system is set up, it’s set up for him to score goals.

“Hopefully, we can start creating more chances. I don't think we've created many chances in the last 12 months.

“But now we’re creating far more chances and becoming a much more potent threat on the offensive. Hopefully we can continue that in the forthcoming games.”

• Options
    It’s made me over the moon - it also made the board happy as well!

Hmmm 'we don't need Grigg now Karl'
  • Options
    It sounds like Novak is staying
  • Options
    ross1 said:

It sounds like Novak is staying

It sounds to me that Novak is happy to move if the manager wants him to.
    Otherwise he'll see out his contract, thank you very much.

• Options

----------------------

Novak experienced an injury-plagued debut season at the Valley, scoring just twice.

And his 2017/18 campaign got off to the worse possible start when he was sent off after just six minutes against Bristol Rovers.

But Novak netted in Charlton’s 4-1 defeat to Norwich on Tuesday, ending a run of 22 games in all competitions without a goal.

And Addicks boss Robinson expects the frontman, who has enjoyed prolific spells with Huddersfield and Chesterfield in League One, to kick on.

He said: “I thought Lee was excellent, his all-round play was superb. I just hope he can continue that - we’ll be there and support him.

“One thing people can’t question is Lee Novak’s work ethic. We just want to see him score more goals. And I’m sure he will.”

Robinson has made no secret of his desire to bring in another striker before the transfer window closes.

The Addicks have been linked with Will Grigg, Matthew Godden and John Akinde in recent weeks.

And during the speculation, the club’s two senior strikers, Josh Magennis and Novak, opened their accounts for the season in the last week.

Robinson added: “It’s made me over the moon - it also made the board happy as well! I’ve always been told the players we have here are very competitive, and they certainly are.

“I do believe on their day Josh and Lee will be asas difficult a pairing anybody. So, I’ve never moaned about what we've got - I just want more. I’m greedy.

“Lee will score goals for us. The way our system is set up, it’s set up for him to score goals.

“Hopefully, we can start creating more chances. I don't think we've created many chances in the last 12 months.

“But now we’re creating far more chances and becoming a much more potent threat on the offensive. Hopefully we can continue that in the forthcoming games.”

Yes, but you don't play them together do you, you fcukwit !!
  • Options

----------------------

“I do believe on their day Josh and Lee will be asas difficult a pairing anybody. So, I’ve never moaned about what we've got - I just want more. I’m greedy.

Yes, but you don't play them together do you, you fcukwit !!
    He literally did on Tuesday.

We scored four goals at the weekend in the league.
  • Options
    2 strikers with no pace and no real goal scoring prowess...great