Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Northampton Post match views

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

I think Stig is being unnecessarily harsh on KR but I think he has a point about Magennis. We are light up front so we perhaps didn't need to keep him on when he started tiring. Having said that, the win wasn't a given until the 3rd.

Magennis was kept on mainly because of his aerial ability, defensively that is. The Cobblers were MASSIVE.
    Agreed but he is not fit, shows the need for a striker because I don't think he should have been starting
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

My main worry for this season is that we have a brilliant footballing team, probably the most attractive in the division, but one lacking height and strength.

When we come up against physical teams, where everyone is over 6 foot, will our aerial weakness cost us?

We just have?
    Well they pulled one back through out-jumping Solly at the back post, which was also how Plymouth scored the crucial opening goal against us. That's not having a go at Solly, but our only height is from our CBs and Josh.
    Dijksteel is taller.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

My main worry for this season is that we have a brilliant footballing team, probably the most attractive in the division, but one lacking height and strength.

When we come up against physical teams, where everyone is over 6 foot, will our aerial weakness cost us?

We just have?
    Well they pulled one back through out-jumping Solly at the back post, which was also how Plymouth scored the crucial opening goal against us. That's not having a go at Solly, but our only height is from our CBs and Josh.
    In terms of the squad we've got no real cover for Big Mag up front but we're also very short at full-back.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

We just have?
    Dijksteel is taller.
    ....and maybe the better player!
  • Options
    Now we have finished with the football, at what level of incompetence do you need to be running at to run out of lager in the North upper 20 minutes before kick off?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

We just have?
    Dijksteel is taller.
    ....and maybe the better player!
    Only time will tell I guess.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    JamesSeed said:

I think Stig is being unnecessarily harsh on KR but I think he has a point about Magennis. We are light up front so we perhaps didn't need to keep him on when he started tiring. Having said that, the win wasn't a given until the 3rd.

Magennis was kept on mainly because of his aerial ability, defensively that is. The Cobblers were MASSIVE.
    Were they wearing blue and white stripes? If not, they aren't massive enough.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Now we have finished with the football, at what level of incompetence do you need to be running at to run out of lager in the North upper 20 minutes before kick off?

Buy another one then ;0)

• Options
    edited August 2017

Amos: still looked shaky on high balls and no reliable communication with CB's
    Disagree, I thought he was fine on almost every high ball, he claimed most of them and there was no flapping at thin air... Not perfect but definitely not shaky

Solly: hardly troubled
    I guess we're ignoring all the fouls he gives away?

DaSilva: this kid's gonna be very good, if we keep hold past January we'll be lucky Good performance, a few questionable passes though.

Bauer: troubled only once and then cobblers scored I'd like to agree but there were 3 or 4 times when he and Pearce struggled to get a clean clearance out of the box.

Pearce: troubled only once and then cobblers scored
    'd like to agree but there were 3 or 4 times when he and Bauer struggled to get a clean clearance out of the box.

Kashi: too many passes without looking, caught in possession couple of times, lucky to get away with it, bit complacent perhaps
    Looked for the creative pass once to often simplify what you're doing with these boys around you, they don't know how to read your creativeness yet - Solid defensively and surprisingly lost the ball at his feet when it seemed he had time, he didn't have any decent passing options though...

Forster-Caskey: until his goals I'd barely noticed he was there
    Linked the defense and attack well, his goals were the cherries on top of a solid performance, he was almost non-stop all game.

Holmes: busy as ever, good strike for goal
    I thought he dipped in and out... Luckily they seemed to be planned for the best times.

Clarke: often involved but to little positive effect until near the end
    Linked up play between midfield and Mag well, really came into his own as the defence tired.

Fosu: needs to get his head up, willing, able but his inexperience is evident, he'll come good soon with a little guidance
    Agreed

Magennis: effective as ever first half, looked dead on his feet 2nd half
    Agreed, he for me still looked good until about the 65th-70th He should have been one of the subs, I can only assume the others were more interested in going off.

KAG: was the last thing Cobblers needed by that stage and he made good use of the space afforded him
    He needs goals, he does so much right, but seems to fall apart in front of goal? What has changed for him since leaving the U18/U23 sides

FSG: his one-eyed, one dimensional method was too much for a piss poor cobblers team, who managed their only goal of the season so far nonetheless, gobby's substitutions made slightly more sense than last time but only just, his continual risking of the knackered Magennis is fucktarded and asking for more injury problems JM could barely move after 60 minutes but the flabby gobshitter leaves him on and shores up the completely untroubled midfield with Konsa instead FFS - up against halfway competent sides with adequate managers gobby's half-baked ill-thought drivel is going to be savagely exposed, here's hoping 8 or 10 other teams are as hopeless as both BrizzleRovers and these Cobblers.

What a load of old bollocks. He set up well, kept them playing short fast balls during build up and we were generally unplayable at times. The only thing of issue is Mag should have come off earlier.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Kashi: too many passes without looking, caught in possession couple of times, lucky to get away with it, bit complacent perhaps
    Looked for the creative pass once to often simplify what you're doing with these boys around you, they don't know how to read your creativeness yet

Radostin's had a firmware upgrade, a system re-boot, and (as with all upgrades) repackaged in a smaller and thinner casing.

Kashi = Kish 2.0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

We just have?
    Problem is the Plymouth guy out jumped Josh and Kashi not Solly.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Looked for the creative pass once to often simplify what you're doing with these boys around you, they don't know how to read your creativeness yet

Radostin's had a firmware upgrade, a system re-boot, and (as with all upgrades) repackaged in a smaller and thinner casing.

Kashi = Kish 2.0
    Kashishev.