Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that make you feel ill at ease

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Driving over The Chesapeake Bay Bridge.
  • Options
    Public convenience cubicles with holes bored in the walls.
    Actually, just public conveniences.
  • Options

A fart with noise, but no smell.

Why do farts smell?

For the benefit of the deaf.
  • Options
    Hearing Tubular Bells....
  • Options

Public convenience cubicles with holes bored in the walls.
    Actually, just public conveniences.

Don't fear the glory hole
  • Options
    Threads that ask people what makes them ill at ease
  • Options
    Lily Allen
  • Options
    Also, you know when you fill the sink with hot water and washing up liquid to clean a dish, when there's a horrible wet floaty bit of food from someone's plate and it touches you, makes me want to projectile everywhere
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Ladyromford would agree with you on this @limeygent - she freaks out going over the QE2 or the Severn Bridge and wouldn't even consider walking over the wobbly bridge in London.
    What is it about this particular bridge though? How long is it and is it a swayer? Or is it an irrational unease for you?
  • Options
    Lorry drivers who shit in a bag on the M25 and throw it out the window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

limeygent said:

Bureaux de change, know I'm going to get ripped off.

1.31-0.95 the euro at Gatwick airport ... seriously how can that be legal
    No good complaining about this now, it's what people voted for last year.
    Get over it as they say.
  • Options
    And to make it worse they charge commission unless you're buying over £300 worth of currency.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Lorry drivers who shit in a bag on the M25 and throw it out the window.

Lorry drivers who don't even bag it, and throw it as you overtake on your two wheeled stallion. So I've been told.
  • Options

limeygent said:

Ladyromford would agree with you on this @limeygent - she freaks out going over the QE2 or the Severn Bridge and wouldn't even consider walking over the wobbly bridge in London.
    What is it about this particular bridge though? How long is it and is it a swayer? Or is it an irrational unease for you?
    It's over 4 miles across and about 185 feet over the water. The problem with driving over it is that the barriers at the sides are very low, and, particularly in an SUV, it feels like you can drive over the side.
  • Options
    Spurs' record at Wembley grrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    Thankfully a tune now long lost in the mists of time, but even thinking about 'SIng Something Simple' still fills me with a feeling of dread and impending doom. Don't know if it has this effect on anyone else?
  • Options
    limeygent said:

limeygent said:

It's over 4 miles across and about 185 feet over the water. The problem with driving over it is that the barriers at the sides are very low, and, particularly in an SUV, it feels like you can drive over the side.
    Gets my vote. Look at it. Is it a double decker? looks like it. Imagine that in gusty weather. No, I'd rather not.

• Options
    edited August 2017

limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Gets my vote. Look at it. Is it a double decker? looks like it. Imagine that in gusty weather. No, I'd rather not.

Single decker, but it's three lanes on one span and two on the other, in the evening rush hour they reverse one of the lanes so that traffic coming the other way is on the same span. In windy weather high-sided vehicles are banned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My doctor pulling latex gloves on.

Be more worried, when he puts his hands on your shoulders.
    It's when his voice goes all echoey I start to wonder what's going on back there.
  • Options
    When you make an innuendo based joke and the room falls silent...
  • Options
    A French kiss at a family reunion
  • Options
    Pacific Rimmers will probably laugh at this, but the 5.8 earthquake we had here a few years ago was pretty unsettling. Felt like my heart was going to pound it's way out of my chest.
  • Options

Thankfully a tune now long lost in the mists of time, but even thinking about 'SIng Something Simple' still fills me with a feeling of dread and impending doom. Don't know if it has this effect on anyone else?

Agree Cherry. Takes me back to a time superbly portrayed by Tony Hancock in "Sunday Afternoon".
  • Options

limeygent said:

Bureaux de change, know I'm going to get ripped off.

1.31-0.95 the euro at Gatwick airport ... seriously how can that be legal
    People who buy currency at the airport don't even deserve parity. between GBP/EUR

Why would you EVER buy at the airport when you can do click and collect and pick up at the same airport bureau at the 'normal' rates.

The bureaux at the airport give bad rates as:

1 - they have to pay a lot of money to be there.
    2 - they are contractually obliged to be open 24 hours which increases their costs compared to a high street branch of the same company.
  • Options

limeygent said:

Pacific Rimmers will probably laugh at this, but the 5.8 earthquake we had here a few years ago was pretty unsettling. Felt like my heart was going to pound it's way out of my chest.

That's another thing that makes me feel ill at ease.
    Hesitated a long time before I used that word.
  • Options
    Elfsborg
  • Options

A French kiss at a family reunion

from your Nan.