Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that make you feel ill at ease

Comments

• Options
    Going down long open Escalators in Department Stores.
  • Options
    There was a cat next door at my mum & dads who looked mean as s**t! Scars and just overall ragged & everytime I stepped out and he was there, would just stop what he was doing and just stare! Just kept thinking i'm in for a mauling soon!
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Going down.

• Options
    limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Driving over The Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

Ladyromford would agree with you on this @limeygent - she freaks out going over the QE2 or the Severn Bridge and wouldn't even consider walking over the wobbly bridge in London.
    What is it about this particular bridge though? How long is it and is it a swayer? Or is it an irrational unease for you?
    It's over 4 miles across and about 185 feet over the water. The problem with driving over it is that the barriers at the sides are very low, and, particularly in an SUV, it feels like you can drive over the side.
    Haha! She definitely wouldn't willingly drive over that!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

limeygent said:

Bureaux de change, know I'm going to get ripped off.

1.31-0.95 the euro at Gatwick airport ... seriously how can that be legal
    People who buy currency at the airport don't even deserve parity. between GBP/EUR

Why would you EVER buy at the airport when you can do click and collect and pick up at the same airport bureau at the 'normal' rates.

The bureaux at the airport give bad rates as:

1 - they have to pay a lot of money to be there.
    2 - they are contractually obliged to be open 24 hours which increases their costs compared to a high street branch of the same company.
    You forgot 3.... ...they are greedy fuckers!
  • Options
    Restaurants and cafes that serve food on wooden chopping boards. How can they possibly clean them thoroughly.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Restaurants and cafes that serve food on wooden chopping boards. How can they possibly clean them thoroughly.

But it's "trendy".
  • Options
    David Silva's new hairstyle
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Brilliant !!
    I just couldn't settle after seeing it from afar and even though I heard his name I waited half hour for a close up to see if it really was him ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ben18 said:

Brilliant !!
    I just couldn't settle after seeing it from afar and even though I heard his name I waited half hour for a close up to see if it really was him ...
  • Options
    large Ships out of water
  • Options
    The book "Stickman" by Julia Donaldson. As he gets further and further away from his family it really gets to me.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

iainment said:

But it's "trendy".
    Stuff that's trendy makes me ill at ease as well.
  • Options
    Posh restaurants.
  • Options
    Tonight's weather forecast.
  • Options
    Knowing it's my round next and don't have enough money. The Ramblers Rest will haunt me forever.
  • Options
    Ludlow men dressed up as female nurses ((:>) .. even in a good cause
  • Options
    cafcbr8 said:

large Shits out of water

• Options
    Hurricane Harvey. Look out Houston.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Naked babies/toddlers on a sandy beach.

It can't be good for them all that sand getting into all their crevices.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Naked babies/toddlers on a sandy beach.

It can't be good for them all that sand getting into all their crevices.

?
  • Options
    Letters from HMRC. Had three land in my office this morning.
  • Options
    Rumours of Yann to Scum.
  • Options

Mrs SA's a chopping technique. She can be a bit cack handed and sometimes holds the item to be chopped in one hand whilst cutting it with an 8 inch chefs knife in the other :neutral:

I know how you feel @SuedeAdidas I train chefs for a living, the first day of knife skills I get that feeling. Seen the tops of thumbs chopped a few too many times
  • Options
    Me.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

The phrase 'my bad', this makes my toes curl through the tops of my shoes whenever I hear or read it. I really struggle not to flag people on here when I read it......!
    There's two things wrong with the phrase 'my bad', first that some complete moron thought it was a good couple of words to put together (it's not it's meaningless shit and makes you sound like a 5 year old) second thing wrong is that other fools copy it without thinking, and that it makes them sound like a complete Roland.
    Yep that makes me feel uneasy!

Ive used the term 'my bad' for years. Rarely cock something up but when I do its 'my bad'
  • Options
    Mesut Ozil's eyes, enough said
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Watching BASE jumpers do their thing. There was a geezer doing one on an excellent BBC* documentary last night about the Rockies. Proper brings me out in a sweat just watching.

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b093x4gb/mountain-life-at-the-extreme-series-1-1-rockies

Well worth a watch btw... @i_b_b_o_r_g excluded obviously.
  • Options

Greenie said:

The phrase 'my bad', this makes my toes curl through the tops of my shoes whenever I hear or read it. I really struggle not to flag people on here when I read it......!
    There's two things wrong with the phrase 'my bad', first that some complete moron thought it was a good couple of words to put together (it's not it's meaningless shit and makes you sound like a 5 year old) second thing wrong is that other fools copy it without thinking, and that it makes them sound like a complete Roland.
    Yep that makes me feel uneasy!

Ive used the term 'my bad' for years. Rarely cock something up but when I do its 'my bad'
    Its nothing to proud of mate........