Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crawley Town vs Charlton

Comments

• Options
    I'm confused with the 92 club criteria. Saw Charlton play there in a pre-season friendly and witnessed Crawley playing Weymouth in a competitive non league game starring Steve Claridge up front for Weymouth. I will attend the Checkatrade tie but feeling a fraud as a competitive Football League tie still escapes me down at this neck of the woods.
  • Options

I'm confused with the 92 club criteria. Saw Charlton play there in a pre-season friendly and witnessed Crawley playing Weymouth in a competitive non league game starring Steve Claridge up front for Weymouth. I will attend the Checkatrade tie but feeling a fraud as a competitive Football League tie still escapes me down at this neck of the woods.

Sod the 92 club criteria, you have done a game there, job done.
    Don't give him any sympathy elfsborg.
  • Options

Surely it's got to be a sliding scale. Friendly is like .2, non-league is maybe .5, Chekatrade is .3. You shouldn't have to go to Crawley four times. Nobody should.
  • Options
    Are we sure it's not at the Valley?
  • Options

If you've been there you've done it
  • Options
    I see Cedric Evina is now at Crawley, I wonder if he'll play next week
  • Options
    Lived on the Maidenbower Village (estate) in Crawley for just over a year. Was a big mistake... Wont be going back.
  • Options
    Bleedin Nora, our best turn out since Old Trafford in the FA Cup looks like it's going to be at Creepy Crawley in some nonsense kick around!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    cafc-west said:

Lived on the Maidenbower Village (estate) in Crawley for just over a year. Was a big mistake... Wont be going back.

And that's one of the nicer parts :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know about parking around the ground?
  • Options
    Park at K2 Leisure Centre opposite the stadium.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

On the contrary.

I did Lincoln with us pre-season in about '87. I'm not going back there again just to do a competetive game because the 92 club say so.
  • Options
    Will be there , actually a nice small club with mainly decent fans .
  • Options

cabbles said:

On the contrary.

I did Lincoln with us pre-season in about '87. I'm not going back there again just to do a competetive game because the 92 club say so.
    Yeah, it's entirely bogus. Taking relegated clubs off your visited list. Bonkers. Just because there are no Woolworth's stores doesn't mean you've never bought pick 'n' mix in one.
  • Options
    I'll see you there @Dazzler21
    I should go really seeing as I'm literally across the road!
    For those mentioning parking, they have a fairly big car park or as Dazzler says in the K2 leisure centre opposite but you can also park on all the side roads.
    Don't park on the grass verges along the dual carriageway though.
    Theres a couple of pubs within walking distance, the New moon or the Downsman or they've got a bar at the far end of the ground, the Redz bar.
  • Options

You can yes , as you turn in the gate go left , that's fans parking! It's not a huge car park but I've parked there for Crawley games (cousin and mate are Crawley fans) it was quite busy but I'm thinking it won't be for this match !
  • Options

I usually park in Download Drive (or just off it) which is just off the Brighton Road (A2219). I can't imagine it will be difficult to find a place to park for such a silly game. Good for a quick get away too. The car park at the ground seems leap around in price. No need to park there unless you want to save a 5 minute walk.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

YES - new ground

cabbles said:

YES - new ground

Be a league game next year.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Noticed that Portsmouth played Fulham U21s in the other opening Group game the other week

Fulham won on pens to get a bonus point means we've a lot of catching up to do if we want to get out the Group this year

Devalues the competition even more when the organisers let the clubs organise when the matches are held rather than putting set dates aside., almost as though they're saying: "Yeah play it whenever you want, even us lot dont give a fuck"

No different now to the Kent Senior Cup etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Noticed that Portsmouth played Fulham U21s in the other opening Group game the other week

Fulham won on pens to get a bonus point means we've a lot of catching up to do if we want to get out the Group this year

Devalues the competition even more when the organisers let the clubs organise when the matches are held rather than putting set dates aside., almost as though they're saying: "Yeah play it whenever you want, even us lot dont give a fuck"

why do you get a bonus point for winning on penalties?

• Options
    Croydon said:

1-pt for the draw... 1-pt for winning the shootout

Guess its to stop teams from being happy with a draw and a point apiece, rumours it'll be a feature added to the World Cup when it increases to 46-games
  • Options

I usually park in Download Drive (or just off it) which is just off the Brighton Road (A2219). I can't imagine it will be difficult to find a place to park for such a silly game. Good for a quick get away too. The car park at the ground seems leap around in price. No need to park there unless you want to save a 5 minute walk.
    Nearly in my rosd TMA!
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Fans should get a free ticket for a match of their choice to sit through all that.
  • Options
    Thank you Elfsborg Addick, SDAddick and clb74 for your comments but I won't be satisfied until I've seen a fully fledged Football League game at Crawley Town FC and have enjoyed all four perspectives of the ground.
  • Options
    I don't think crawley is a bad place at all, like anywhere has its problems but my dad moved to crawley from hackney and never had a problem. As he's always said, it depends who you associate with. You knock about with trouble you get trouble.

I live here now,
    It's the biggest town in the southeast , most the parents and grandparents came from London, my grandad is from Bethnal green, my nan is from elephant & castle, my mum is from bexley. There's some lovely parks , great shopping, good places to eat, loads of chavs thinking they're all from Peckham, and a fair number of palarse fans! But also good transport links, of course, the airport.

There are far worse places to live. Lived in herne hill for a while and I'll tell you I'll take crawley anyway.
  • Options

Thank you Elfsborg Addick, SDAddick and clb74 for your comments but I won't be satisfied until I've seen a fully fledged Football League game at Crawley Town FC and have enjoyed all four perspectives of the ground.

In that case then I'm hoping we get relegated so your dream comes true.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

In that case then I'm hoping we get relegated so your dream comes true.
    Crawley were in L1 for 2 or 3 season, but when we were in the Championship
  • Options
    edited August 2017

I don't think crawley is a bad place at all, like anywhere has its problems but my dad moved to crawley from hackney and never had a problem. As he's always said, it depends who you associate with. You knock about with trouble you get trouble.

I live here now,
    It's the biggest town in the southeast , most the parents and grandparents came from London, my grandad is from Bethnal green, my nan is from elephant & castle, my mum is from bexley. There's some lovely parks , great shopping, good places to eat, loads of chavs thinking they're all from Peckham, and a fair number of palarse fans! But also good transport links, of course, the airport.

There are far worse places to live. Lived in herne hill for a while and I'll tell you I'll take crawley anyway.

You're right, it's easy to pick on Crawley. It is a big place with decent areas. Just...perhaps not the town centre.
  • Options
    Its all being regenerated though jimmy, still a load of concrete about but freshly painted concrete!
    To be honest I've probably only been into the town centre 5 or 6 times in the last ten years.
    What is a chav anyway?