Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crawley Town vs Charlton

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    To be fair Tilgate Park is pretty damn nice!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

To be fair Tilgate Park is pretty damn nice!

Being brought up on Downham estate through the 80's we had "the dumps" to play in, I now live in Crawley and Tilgate park is an amazing place to have on your doorstep, my little girl loves it and is a much better place to grow up in than Lewisham back then - taking a few local mates to the game in our end as they said the atmosphere on the Crawley side is non existent, so hoping for a win.
  • Options
    So who's going then?
  • Options
    Me
  • Options
    Anyone know - how many first teamers from the game against Rotherham do we have to start ?

Personally I'd start Amos and substitute him for Phillips after 45 seconds!
  • Options

Anyone know - how many first teamers from the game against Rotherham do we have to start ?

Why?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    No need to swap keepers start with Phillips, here's an extract from the BBC Sport site.

Some League One and Two clubs were fined last season for fielding "weakened teams", but changes have been made to allow for greater selection flexibility for clubs.

Third-tier and fourth-tier clubs are now able to choose any goalkeeper and only four starting outfield players now have to be "qualifying first-team players", while 16 invited sides (u21 Prem / Champ teams) need to have six under-21 players in their starting line-up
  • Options

Why?
    No reflection on Amos. Just the fewer first team players who play at Crawley the better (less chance of injuries). Thought starting Amos would take up one of the places we had to fill with a first teamer from Rotherham but Redchaser has helpfully outlined above we can play a reserve goalie if we want to anyway.

So which four outfielders from Saturday are we going to start with?
  • Options
    Take the fine and change the whole squad... Show some confidence in the team that lost 4-0 to Norwich and let them just express themselves for three Group games.

If we go through then great, if we go out then fair enough, its given the fringe squad (and yes they are part of the squad so Robbo should be allowed to pick as many as he wants) some further experience.
  • Options

Why?
    No reflection on Amos. Just the fewer first team players who play at Crawley the better (less chance of injuries). Thought starting Amos would take up one of the places we had to fill with a first teamer from Rotherham but Redchaser has helpfully outlined above we can play a reserve goalie if we want to anyway.

So which four outfielders from Saturday are we going to start with?
    None, resting them all for Saturday, Reeves starts although may not do 90 minutes, Novak will be wanted for Saturday unless we sign someone this week. KR has said, if we have to pay a fine, so be it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Here is some further clarification regarding 'strongest available team';

Each EFL Club must play its 'Full Available Strength' in and during all matches.
    Full Available Strength means EFL clubs must include at least four qualifying players in the ten outfield players named in their starting XI.
    The four qualifying players must either (a) start the preceding fixture (b) start the fixture immediately after (c) be in the top ten of appearance makers for the club so far that season (d) have made forty or more first team starting appearances in their career to date.

The fine is up to £5000 for non compliance, the club shelled out £3000 last season whilst Luton and Pompey were hammered for £15000 each. Ironically I think Luton's so called under strength youngsters won two of their 3 games to qualify for the next round :open_mouth: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Each EFL Club must play its 'Full Available Strength' in and during all matches.
    Full Available Strength means EFL clubs must include at least four qualifying players in the ten outfield players named in their starting XI.
    The four qualifying players must either (a) start the preceding fixture (b) start the fixture immediately after (c) be in the top ten of appearance makers for the club so far that season (d) have made forty or more first team starting appearances in their career to date.

The fine is £5000 for non compliance.

So that rules Reeves and Novak out as a qualifiers unless they start at Oldham (which Novak presumably will, therefore even more reason not to play him on Tuesday).

More I think about it, more I agree with Forever Addickted. Just play the kids and pay the fine. Roland is a rich man. He can afford it!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

No need to swap keepers start with Phillips, here's an extract from the BBC Sport site.

.... and only four starting outfield players now have to be "qualifying first-team players".

What defines a qualifying first-team player?

You might find that it means players that have made an appearance for the 1st team this season ..... that could include subs who actually come on, like Novak, Ahearne-Grant, Konsa, Jacko, Hackett-Clear for example.

And what is to stop the League Cup being thought of as a 1st team fixture?
    In which case, there would be other "qualifying first-team players".

IMO that requirement has been deliberately made obscure - and in practice, you can include in the 4 "qualifying first-team players" any player that has already made a 1st team League or League Cup appearance.

• Options
    My other idea with this competition (other than scrap it) is to adopt a Premier League / World Cup style squad applicable for all domestic cup competitions.

i.e. Each League team can name up to 20 players, 11 of those have to be first choicewith the other nine being whoever the Manager wants... From that squad the club can pick any player from that team to play in the FA Cup or Checkashite Trophy
  • Options

RedChaser said:

The fine is £5000 for non compliance.

So that rules Reeves and Novak out as a qualifiers unless they start at Oldham (which Novak presumably will, therefore even more reason not to play him on Tuesday).

More I think about it, more I agree with Forever Addickted. Just play the kids and pay the fine. Roland is a rich man. He can afford it!
    If Daisy is not prepared to suck up the fine I'd be inclined to play Da Silva who is not available on Saturday, Novak, Clarke and Jackson (over 40 career appearances to date). Then sub three of that four from half time onwards.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

The fine is up to £5000 for non compliance, the club shelled out £3000 last season whilst Luton and Pompey were hammered for £15000 each. Ironically I think Luton's so called under strength youngsters won two of their 3 games to qualify for the next round :open_mouth: .

I've only just seen this post (it must have crossed while I was writing my previous one).

"(d) have made forty or more first team starting appearances in their career to date."
    That's an interesting one - it doesn't specify for which club, but does state "their career to date".
    Even if it just refers to their Charlton career, we can bring in Crofts and Jacko.

" (b)start the fixture immediately after"

As we lose Da Silva and Magennis for the next League match at Oldham, then the other 2 qualifying players needed will be their replacements, perhaps Konsa and Novak?

There you go, sorted ..... there's the 4 'qualifying players', and without picking any of last Saturday's starting XI lol
    Of course, that won't be the actual lineup - otherwise Robinson would be furious with me for telling our opponents the line-up before the match!
  • Options
    Yes @Oggy Red our earlier posts must have crossed plus I did a bit of editing. Good shout on Crofts, I didn't think he'd played 40 games for us but he has on checking :+1:
  • Options
    Any pubs near the ground
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Any pubs near the ground

None that will serve you.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    clb74 said:

Any pubs near the ground

Scrap that last info on pubs that was for Oldham............Doh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Croydon said:

Yes - whole family is originally from that way, have always wanted a trip to the Broadfield

You should really aim higher in life than a trip to Crawley. I really think you can do better. I believe in you.
    Even Oldham!