Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Have we supporters won?

I have contempt for RD and KM, I have joined in the protests and will continue to do so. I want KM and RD out of the club. It is early in the season and things will change but I feel the players on the pitch ( all I really care about) are a Charlton team. I think that RD and KM may have a last realise that dabbling in the football side of the club is not where they should be. The idiotic network players and managers are gone and ,like him or not, Karl Robinson appears to be running the football side of things.
I hope I am not wrong but I feel it is more Charlton than it has been for the last 2/3 years.

Comments

• Nug said:

They will think they have won. No one has won, the club is fractured, thousands of fans are missing. We have the makings of a decent League One team and have won a couple of games. Roland Out.

Are thousands of fans missing? Looking at the home attendances so far I would not expect any more for the opening games of a season in league 1.

I said this on another thread the other day and that is I feel as if I am the only one still boycotting, I am sure I am not.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Sheepie1985 said
    Have we won? No. Have we made a difference? Yes!

Just about sums it up for me.

And for me. We must keep on making a difference.

And the window hasn't closed yet. A statement which is one of fear rather than hope.

• so we are a L1 team, get over it we have been at this level at least twice before in the 50 yrs and maybe more, our league position in some ways is immaterial to what the Belgians have done to our club

Not really immaterial though is it.
    We were a championship side when Roland took over and we are league one now due to his incompetence
  • Nah you ain't won yet as you still need to get a life. Most of you don't didn't even go before the Belgians took over so not alot has changed tbh.

wot?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes, at least 90% of the battle .. Duchatelet has obviously listened and appointed an English manager and financed the signing of English/Irish players.. the Stadium is much improved and the training ground is, I understand, having a wholesale makeover ..
    negative ? .. Miere is still the CE, although even she might be learning on her feet (no naughty jokes here please !!) ..
    the real test will come if we don't get promoted this season .. that'll give fuel to the Duchatelet must go fires which still burn deep inside many CAFC fans ... also, I can't see our best players hanging on for another season in the third strata this will be a VERY important season for our club.

SOOOOO .. to use an old CAFC cliché/Chinese proverb .. the battle is part won, but overall ? .. too early to tell
  • Nah you ain't won yet as you still need to get a life. Most of you don't didn't even go before the Belgians took over so not alot has changed tbh.

• 4th after 4 games and thus is being said?? Beggars belief
  • Have we won? No, because they are still running de kloob.
    Are we nudging ahead? Yes!
    Is the transfer window still open? Yes, so plenty of time for them to flog the future Charlton first team players, if they dont then we edge a little further ahead.
  • Have we won? No

Things have improved though. It's possible that the change in policy over the manager and player signings might have happened anyway, as even RD in private would probably acknowledge that a lot of money has been wasted on terrible signings, which is in nobody's interest
  • And come Xmas he will sell players again, our owner is not for changing.
  • Nug said:

They will think they have won. No one has won, the club is fractured, thousands of fans are missing. We have the makings of a decent League One team and have won a couple of games. Roland Out.

Are thousands of fans missing? Looking at the home attendances so far I would not expect any more for the opening games of a season in league 1.

I said this on another thread the other day and that is I feel as if I am the only one still boycotting, I am sure I am not.
    You're not, I am too.

I don't think we've won at all. Yes, there appears to be a glimmer of hope, for the first time in a long while but it's early days.

They, the regime need to do a lot more to be considered, to have the best interests of the club at heart, if that's at all possible, which I doubt!