Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have we supporters won?

Comments

• Options
    Welly said:

And come Xmas he will sell players again, our owner is not for changing.

Neither are 99% of them. We cannot complain about players being sold, frustrates me when people say that. We are a League 1 club, in no position to persuade players to stay with us over Prem clubs.

Of course things have gone well this summer and we look good. Still reliant on key players staying fit but think Chelsea and Arsenal would say same, you need that bit of luck.

I would prefer a couple more in. I don't think RD has learnt. He will still leave the squad short in order to force KR to blood a few youngsters.

That will be the crucial point. Are these youngsters the next Lookmans, Aribos or are they the next Tamer Tuna. If it's the first, we will finish top 6. If it's the latter then I worry when the injuries kick in.
  • Options
    Understand that but it is not in our owners remit to care how the club is doing.
  • Options

Nug said:

They will think they have won. No one has won, the club is fractured, thousands of fans are missing. We have the makings of a decent League One team and have won a couple of games. Roland Out.

Are thousands of fans missing? Looking at the home attendances so far I would not expect any more for the opening games of a season in league 1.

I said this on another thread the other day and that is I feel as if I am the only one still boycotting, I am sure I am not.
    5000 lost season ticket holders suggests thousands of fans are missing.
  • Options

Nug said:

They will think they have won. No one has won, the club is fractured, thousands of fans are missing. We have the makings of a decent League One team and have won a couple of games. Roland Out.

Are thousands of fans missing? Looking at the home attendances so far I would not expect any more for the opening games of a season in league 1.

I said this on another thread the other day and that is I feel as if I am the only one still boycotting, I am sure I am not.
    Not sure about 5000 - but hope you enjoy your new ground travels.Last time down the Valley wasn't too bad - shame you missed it
  • Options

Nug said:

A few more performances and results like we've seen so far and those missing fans and more will be filling the Valley
  • Options

Nug said:

Not sure about 5000 - but hope you enjoy your new ground travels.Last time down the Valley wasn't too bad - shame you missed it
    Lost 4000 last summer as fact, reports of 1000 down this summer.

Tunbridge Wells next Saturday for Rusthall. You can come and you can see the appeal.
  • Options

Nug said:

A few more performances and results like we've seen so far and those missing fans and more will be filling the Valley
    Some will return.
  • Options

Nug said:

Some will return.
    And others will take their places if the team looks like it's making a credible challenge for promotion, that's football and there's a lot of fans that went to the Valley when we were a winning team once before. It's why the boycott was flawed...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's our club whoever is in charge - RD won't be here forever. Without fans the club will die.

Shit owners are a fact of life and protest our only weapon. An owner like RD can survive a boycott....
  • Options

Not sure about the appeal but hope you enjoy.The Appeal for me over the last 50 years was supporting my team no matter what league - no matter who the owner.Guess it's always down to your own choice.I know mine.COYR

I agree but it's also tough to continue to put money into the pockets of an owner you despise. I wouldn't buy a season ticket purely for that reason. I may go to the odd game, but I don't want to support season ticket sales when I don't want to support RD. I also will go to more away games than home until he is gone.

It's easy to say support the team regardless of the owner, but let's be honest, it's not really possible. When I went to the game against Northampton, I enjoyed supporting the team and loved how we played. I went away looking forward to the next time I would see them. I still got frustrated at the fact the bench wasn't great. I saw Magennis getting knackered and it reminded me how we desperately need a striker. Yes you have to support the players on the pitch. But those players on the pitch are their because of the owner. By that I mean when we were supporting the likes of Thuram, he was there because of the owner and he was a pile of shit.

Charlton are not just the supporters and the team on a matchday, there is much more to the club so for me, its not that which of course easy. I will continue to be a passionate Charlton fan, I want us to win every match and I want us to get promoted, but more importantly, I want RD to piss off. </blockquote

Again -That's your view of course you entitled to.You clearly support the team so why not go regardless of who the owner is.
    For arguments sake RD could be here for the next ten years or more - We may or may not get promoted but it is still our club.
    I just don't buy into this 'I won't put money into his pockets' a he is funding the club whatever you might think and in this crazy era until someone comes along who is prepared not only to fund but invest and take us further - better the devil you know.
    Why not embrace and go with the flow and see where that takes us.
    The players clearly appreciate the support from the fans.
    KR is trying to get the fans on board and clearly I would prefer his brand of footi as opposed to Slade's.
    Let's give him a chance and get behind the team
    COYR
  • Options
    It is our club but let's face it, it's also RDs currently as the owner, whether we like it or not.

For me, it's not the better the devil you know. RD does not care about us and so I don't like him. If he is here for the next 10 years, then I will judge the circumstances if they change. I am not stubborn enough to say I will never go until this ownership does. I was boycotting and I have to admit there has been an improvement this summer, hence why I will go to a few games. If this improvement continues, I hope fans will continue to return because the owners would deserve that.

But in my opinion, the improvement might not quite be enough. It's been a decent summer, but we need at least a striker, maybe 1/2 more. The comments from Robbo support this and he wants it, he's just not being allowed the finishing touches to what could be a near perfect summer of recruitment. It's this that is the most frustrating element of the ownership.
  • Options
    The only person that thinks they've won is bloody Lazy Daisy.

The team is winning, the crowd is cheering and nobody is chucking stuff in the pitch any more. She's glad that all the trouble makers have decided not to come to games any more. She'd much rather have a two thirds empty ground where she can get her free lunch and watch the game in peace.

If I could trouser 200K a year and still be sh!t at my job when I bother to turn up, I'd think I'd won too.
  • Options

Not sure about the appeal but hope you enjoy.The Appeal for me over the last 50 years was supporting my team no matter what league - no matter who the owner.Guess it's always down to your own choice.I know mine.COYR

You'll always miss the point.
  • Options

Nug said:

Some will return.
    And others will take their places if the team looks like it's making a credible challenge for promotion, that's football and there's a lot of fans that went to the Valley when we were a winning team once before. It's why the boycott was flawed...
    There will not be a different 5000 taking the place of the missing season ticket holders.
  • Options
    No one's winning it's a stalemate
  • Options
    Welly said:

There are still 4 days until the transfer window closes. Don't assume he will wait until Christmas before cashing in on anyone who can fetch a good price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Welly said:

There are still 4 days until the transfer window closes. Don't assume he will wait until Christmas before cashing in on anyone who can fetch a good price.
    Only Konsa could go I reckon. Got a sneaky suspicion it could happen with KR recently saying he wanted to keep Lennon as I don't think we need 5 CB's.
  • Options

Nug said:

But are they "missing", they may be missing as season ticket holders but if they are buying a ticket per match or using a freebie they are still in the ground on match days. What you are suggesting is if RD sold and the 5k returned we would hitting crowds of 16 to 17K in league one and I can't see it
  • Options
    It is awful, I am returning to London for the first time in 7 years, and I won't be going to the Valley, which breaks my heart.

We win when they leave, good for the team and I'm pleased we have had a half decent start, the truth is though the club will only become Charlton again once the morons leave.
  • Options

Welly said:

Only Konsa could go I reckon. Got a sneaky suspicion it could happen with KR recently saying he wanted to keep Lennon as I don't think we need 5 CB's.
    We've only got 4; Sarr doesn't count
  • Options

Nug said:

But are they "missing", they may be missing as season ticket holders but if they are buying a ticket per match or using a freebie they are still in the ground on match days. What you are suggesting is if RD sold and the 5k returned we would hitting crowds of 16 to 17K in league one and I can't see it
    Well they aren't all buying tickets per match, at least not at the same time. In 2010/11 we averaged 15k in this league and 17k each season either side.
  • Options

Nug said:

Of course they are missing. If the aggregate crowd is several thousand lower, I'd suggest that they are not in the ground.

• Options
    Have we supporters won?
    cafcfan1990, it's way way too early to be asking this question.
  • Options
    Ulterior motive for the Belgians, of that I am convinced.

1/Tax dodge and can 'afford' for us to lose money
    2/Redevelopment or relocation
    3/When he sells retains the ground

His tenure has not been a success and other people would have sold by now.