Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Explosion on a tube at Parsons Green

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:

Police saying there was a timing device on the IED but also that there is other information that they aren't releasing yet for security reasons.

Seems unlikely to me that the culprit is smart enough to dodge the CCTV in London enough to avoid being arrested in the next 48 hours.
    Donald Trump has tweeted that the terrorist was in the "sights of Scotland Yard" which, putting aside that is a massive security leak, suggests the Met know more than they are saying in public, quite rightly. Or Trump made it up which is equally stupid and dangerous.
    Trump still hasn't learned/been told how to respond to such incidents, expressing sympathy to the victims, thoughts with you etc
    I'm sure he's changed his profile picture to the Parsons Green roundel and is praying as we speak :neutral:
  • edited September 2017
    Coward fucker left it with a timer and got off before it went up

The virgins were not appealing to this
  • I don't think anyone on this thread has embarrassed themselves. I find it strange that more people aren't angry about attacks on our society.

I think you can be angry without saying weird inflammatory stuff, but maybe that's just me - personally I believe who ever did this is a right old bell end, and I am glad they have embarrassed themselves by making a shite IED, and I hope they have to spend a long long long time in prison having to live with that embarrassment.
    It depends what sort of angry one gets I spose
  • I assume the tube was travelling towards central rather than the heading the other way? Has that been confirmed anywhere?
  • Most importantly, no-one, thankfully was killed. I wish the injured a speedy recovery.

I don't want to get into a speculative discussion about the possible motivations of the attacker (other than that he/she is a knob), and would caution that none of us should leap to conclusions - for no other reason than that the use of a timed explosive device is not, historically, commonly associated with Islamic terrorism in the UK.

I agree. Especially as at this point it doesn't seem to have been a distraction tactic.
  • The plot thickens
  • I assume the tube was travelling towards central rather than the heading the other way? Has that been confirmed anywhere?

Not sure they've said yet bud, I assumed central London bound.

Train was from Wimbledon
  • Sponsored links:

• Just glad the casualties were not worse - I hope they catch those responsible.
  • Chizz said:

The good thing is whoever put that there will surely now be visible on the tube CCTV so police will have a clear picture of who to hunt

yep and when they find them they will probably get 25 years if that.

lee rigby killers one got 45 years and hes only 20 something so will probably be out in the world again one day - unless someone hopefully does him in, the other got a whole life tarriff.

if your prepared to make bombs and detonate them on tubes, your prepared to kill/injure mulitple people.
    Just a little clarification. Lee Rigby's two killers (I'm not going to name the pathetic individuals) both pleaded not guilty, were convicted at trial and sentenced to life, which is the only sentence available for murder in this country. One was given a minimum tariff of 45 years. The other was given a whole life tariff. Both appealed their sentences. Both appeals were rejected at the High Court.

One of these pathetic individuals will spend 45 years rotting in jail before he is allowed to apply for parole. The Home Secretary at that time (who may not even have been born yet) will get the final say on whether he's released.

The other one will rot and die in jail, without ever being given the chance to apply for parole.

This is how we do it in this country. We follow the law. And, by continuing to do so, we continue to demonstrate why we are better - much, much better - than the evil, pathetic scumbags who want to disrupt the way we live.
    so one will be inside for the rest of his life and one could get out when there 67.
  • Chizz said:

The good thing is whoever put that there will surely now be visible on the tube CCTV so police will have a clear picture of who to hunt

lee rigby killers one got 45 years and hes only 20 something so will probably be out in the world again one day - unless someone hopefully does him in, the other got a whole life tarriff.

if your prepared to make bombs and detonate them on tubes, your prepared to kill/injure mulitple people.
    Just a little clarification. Lee Rigby's two killers (I'm not going to name the pathetic individuals) both pleaded not guilty, were convicted at trial and sentenced to life, which is the only sentence available for murder in this country. One was given a minimum tariff of 45 years. The other was given a whole life tariff. Both appealed their sentences. Both appeals were rejected at the High Court.

One of these pathetic individuals will spend 45 years rotting in jail before he is allowed to apply for parole. The Home Secretary at that time (who may not even have been born yet) will get the final say on whether he's released.

The other one will rot and die in jail, without ever being given the chance to apply for parole.

This is how we do it in this country. We follow the law. And, by continuing to do so, we continue to demonstrate why we are better - much, much better - than the evil, pathetic scumbags who want to disrupt the way we live.
    Change the law to lethal injection for those found guilty of acts of terrorism
    And in their minds a route straight to martydom which is exactly what they want.

Lock them up and you subject yourself to tonnes of revenge threats.

I dont know what we can do.
  • Leuth said:

Chizz said:

How to react to terrorism: get terrified, change the law to become both illogical and immoral, remain terrified, maybe do some more civil snooping
    Did you not get the memo from AFKA about sarcasm?
  • edited September 2017

Chizz said:

Sadly, it is not unknown for there to be miscarriages of justice in trials for terrorists' murderous attacks.

How would you deal with cases where the state would be responsible for killing an innocent person by lethal injection? I somehow doubt that compensation (often niggardly in cases where individuals are released) would work too well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fucking scummy cnuts

This
  • Chizz said:

And in their minds a route straight to martydom which is exactly what they want.

How do you know they're Islamists then?

But seeing as you've mentioned it, do us non fanaticals also buy in to this ideology? Or do we all know it's a load of bollocks and that when they are finally taken to the holding cell ready to be injected and had plenty of time to think about what's about to happen, they'll be shittin emselves just like the next man?

Also, if they did leave this world on our terms, even if they are, in their minds, martyrs or whatever, at least they ain't taking the lives of innocent people with them.

Dont give em the chance to brainwash those aground em
  • I think you have nailed it.
  • edited September 2017
    I've heard the device didn't properly detonate and if it had, it would have blown apart 2 carriages.
  • LouisMend said:

Huskaris said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Police saying there was a timing device on the IED but also that there is other information that they aren't releasing yet for security reasons.

Seems unlikely to me that the culprit is smart enough to dodge the CCTV in London enough to avoid being arrested in the next 48 hours.
    Donald Trump has tweeted that the terrorist was in the "sights of Scotland Yard" which, putting aside that is a massive security leak, suggests the Met know more than they are saying in public, quite rightly. Or Trump made it up which is equally stupid and dangerous.
    Sadiq Khan has confirmed on lbc a while ago that there is a manhunt.

Not sure whether that came before or after Trump.
    Trump tweet was first.
    Whelp that special relationship must be feeling pretty special about now.

Uh, sorry we're shit with secret information.

IF what CE says above is true (and I'm saying a big if because it's really early on in an investigation and it seems it'd be difficult to qualify the potential detonation power*) then thank fuckety fucking fuck everyone is okay.

*Not a dig at you CE and it could well be right, just the whole "be cautious about reports in the first 24-48 hours thing.
  • Chizz said:

How do you know they're Islamists then?

But seeing as you've mentioned it, do us non fanaticals also buy in to this ideology? Or do we all know it's a load of bollocks and that when they are finally taken to the holding cell ready to be injected and had plenty of time to think about what's about to happen, they'll be shittin emselves just like the next man?

Also, if they did leave this world on our terms, even if they are, in their minds, martyrs or whatever, at least they ain't taking the lives of innocent people with them.

Dont give em the chance to brainwash those aground em
    I reckon it's the Baptists!
  • The great thing about Trump is he waits to get a detailed picture of events before passing comment. We're lucky to have such a shrewd and wise operator as President during these troubled times.

I think the USA should extend the travel ban to include European countries given recent terrorist events here.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!