Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood Away

Comments

• Options
    How many tickets sold for this so far?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I like Bill Branson's comments about Blackpool in "Notes from a small island".

It says that, arriving after dark, Blackpool has the highest number of public urinals per head of population in the world......

....although, by day, they double as shop doorways.

Kinda sums the place up. A dive.

:smiley:

well it is the resort of choice for the residents of some of the roughest towns in England; Manchester, Liverpool, all the small ex mining towns west of the Pennines, not forgetting the annual invasion of the Glaswegians .. all the good folk who love a drink and a good ruck
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

It says that, arriving after dark, Blackpool has the highest number of public urinals per head of population in the world......

Blackpool is like marmite, you either love it or hate it.... I met my best friend of over 30 years on blackpool terraces when we won in 81. Going back up there with er indoors for 5 days from the 15th...within an hr you can be in the lakes, Southport or the moors....
  • Options

Davo55 said:

well it is the resort of choice for the residents of some of the roughest towns in England; Manchester, Liverpool, all the small ex mining towns west of the Pennines, not forgetting the annual invasion of the Glaswegians .. all the good folk who love a drink and a good ruck
    Got in a traxi once and the driver said all the southerners think its cheap, but all the scousers, geordies and mancs think its expensive.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Blackpool is like marmite, you either love it or hate it.... I met my best friend of over 30 years on blackpool terraces when we won in 81. Going back up there with er indoors for 5 days from the 15th...within an hr you can be in the lakes, Southport or the moors....
    I am staying in Lancaster from Friday (tonight in Skipton) until Tuesday .. couple of days in the lakes and the Forest of Bowden is worth a look if you like a more 'remote' landscape
  • Options

Davo55 said:

I am staying in Lancaster from Friday (tonight in Skipton) until Tuesday .. couple of days in the lakes and the Forest of Bowden is worth a look if you like a more 'remote' landscape
    Yes great also the ride from Garstang to Clitheroe over the same area is superb. Visit caton (where my frirnd lives) or Kirkby Lonsdale if you get a chance.
  • Options

anyone over 60 who has a free travel pass issued anywhere in the country can almost certainly use the tram or the bus for free .. just ask or check the website

Excuse me is that general point? i am 30 on the dot so does not apply :pensive:

• Options

anyone over 60 who has a free travel pass issued anywhere in the country can almost certainly use the tram or the bus for free .. just ask or check the website

Excuse me is that general point? i am 30 on the dot so does not apply :pensive:

good news is .. you're 1/2 way to getting a freebie .. IF they're still being issued when you go the distance
  • Options
    Not sure if your bus pass is accepted on the tram.
  • Options

works OK in Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield .. as the actress said to the bishop .. give it a bash and see
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

works OK in Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield .. as the actress said to the bishop .. give it a bash and see
    Don't have one mate...the mrs was asking the conductor on the tram last year and he said they were not eligible, maybe things have changed.
  • Options

Don't have one mate...the mrs was asking the conductor on the tram last year and he said they were not eligible, maybe things have changed.
    perhaps the tram's run by a 'private company' .. my freebie is issued by N E Lincs Council .. I've used it as above + on the Croydon trams, DLR, on buses all round the country but NOT the tube in London or any trains .. it's one nice little perk for being 'eligible' for arthritis ((:>)
  • Options
    Only on here can a general query about the best way to get to a football ground develop into a full blown discussion about the pros and cons of public transport in the UK. Priceless!

• Options

Only on here can a general query about the best way to get to a football ground develop into a full blown discussion about the pros and cons of public transport in the UK. Priceless!

Its cos I believe Fleetwood is the only ground in the country that doesn't have a railway station within a close proximity...so I guess yes it should be.
  • Options
    We live up on the Fylde Coast. We get a day pass and can use our tickets on all trams and buses operated by Blackpool Transport.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Can't wait for this one, going to be a goals fest, not sure which net though!
  • Options
    clive said:
    thanks Clive, that clarifies that ! .. what a bunch of meanies are Blackpool Council .. is Oysten the mayor ?
  • Options
    Cracking weekend last year, so desperately sad to miss out this time round.

Proper away day/days with your mates.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Yes knew there was some issue why you couldn't do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can't wait for this one, going to be a goals bus fest, not sure which net though!

• Options
    What's all this 60 business for a freedom pass then? I had to get a Boris pass for a couple of years because the goal posts had been moved. Qualifying age must be nearer 65 now and as for you Jobnnybev good luck with that one, I reckon it'll be nearer 100 in another 35 years time assuming they've not been withdrawn by then :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

What's all this 60 business for a freedom pass then? I had to get a Boris pass for a couple of years because the goal posts had been moved. Qualifying age must be nearer 65 now and as for you Jobnnybev good luck with that one, I reckon it'll be nearer 100 in another 35 years time assuming they've not been withdrawn by then :wink:

100 will probably be the age I get the state pension
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

all you youngsters have missed the gravy train .. in the Peoples Republic of Lincs, the age for a free bus pass is 60, or at least it was when I got mine
  • Options
    clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

100 will probably be the age I get the state pension
    many a true word .. spoken in jest ((:>)
  • Options
    How was Annan v the mighty Cowdenbeath
  • Options

Dreadful game but a great day out.

Met some Sheff United fan from Retford who goes up about 10 times a season to see the 'Blue Brasil'.
  • Options

Met some Sheff United fan from Retford who goes up about 10 times a season to see the 'Blue Brasil'.
    Went to a Hearts match a couple of seasons ago and some lads came up from Brighton about the same amount of times, flew up from Gatwick and went home the same day...
  • Options

Went to a Hearts match a couple of seasons ago and some lads came up from Brighton about the same amount of times, flew up from Gatwick and went home the same day...
    I'll inbox you mate.
  • Options

Bump, any comments about night out in Blackpool? Any lifers doing the same? based on previous threads from last year i assume sports bar at the ground is the place to go before and after.

Where did you end up in the end?