Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood Away

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
    I'm in Manchester on an extended 'tour' of the Great North West .. went up to Windermere on Monday, windy and wild .. back to nature ..
    soon out to visit the Lowry and tomorrow for a second visit to the terrific Science Museum .. after that a snack and drink in the Hilton .. at the top from where you can see for miles .. when the weather allows

all in all a nice weekend away .. all the sweeter with Saturday's big win
  • Options

Bump, any comments about night out in Blackpool? Any lifers doing the same? based on previous threads from last year i assume sports bar at the ground is the place to go before and after.

Where did you end up in the end?
    Hi, We headed to sports bar in the ground before and after. When we went back out after 1 hour of freshening up / eating went revolutions, walkabout, popworld. Thought was a good night although we went back around 230 as feet were aching lol (bad call for standing maybe)

Hopeful in January we might go Blackpool away as wish we had more time there, Sunday we just had breakfast and went on the big dipper and headed back early. Brilliant, also great result and performance from the lads.

Only really chatted to a couple of Charlton fans and they hadn't heard of Charlton life :(
  • Options

How was Annan v the mighty Cowdenbeath

Dreadful game but a great day out.

Met some Sheff United fan from Retford who goes up about 10 times a season to see the 'Blue Brasil'.
    Went to a Hearts match a couple of seasons ago and some lads came up from Brighton about the same amount of times, flew up from Gatwick and went home the same day...
    I'll inbox you mate.
    Received thanks
  • Options

Bump, any comments about night out in Blackpool? Any lifers doing the same? based on previous threads from last year i assume sports bar at the ground is the place to go before and after.

Hi, We headed to sports bar in the ground before and after. When we went back out after 1 hour of freshening up / eating went revolutions, walkabout, popworld. Thought was a good night although we went back around 230 as feet were aching lol (bad call for standing maybe)

Hopeful in January we might go Blackpool away as wish we had more time there, Sunday we just had breakfast and went on the big dipper and headed back early. Brilliant, also great result and performance from the lads.

Only really chatted to a couple of Charlton fans and they hadn't heard of Charlton life :(
    We had a couple in the sports bar as well, then a couple in Walkabout but spent majority of night in Ma Kellys just up the road from it. Don't think i could have taken on the Big Dipper on Sunday though (slightly hanging) Definitely a good weekend and may well go again in January.
  • Options

I'm in Manchester on an extended 'tour' of the Great North West .. went up to Windermere on Monday, windy and wild .. back to nature ..
    soon out to visit the Lowry and tomorrow for a second visit to the terrific Science Museum .. after that a snack and drink in the Hilton .. at the top from where you can see for miles .. when the weather allows

I stayed in Blackpool Friday and Saturday Nights, then went to Lancaster for another night, somewhere I'd never been to before. Quite an attractive place, with some interesting history and many decent pubs.
  • Options

I stayed in Blackpool Friday and Saturday Nights, then went to Lancaster for another night, somewhere I'd never been to before. Quite an attractive place, with some interesting history and many decent pubs.
    Saving the best till last, to recover from the desperate place that is Blackpool.
  • Options

We had a couple in the sports bar as well, then a couple in Walkabout but spent majority of night in Ma Kellys just up the road from it. Don't think i could have taken on the Big Dipper on Sunday though (slightly hanging) Definitely a good weekend and may well go again in January.
    I dont know how i managed really with happy hours in the sports bar i was very drunk, also had a few shots and was getting through them all day/night (excluding during game as no beer) my mate was a bit ropey haha

Hope to go in Jan, next time will try to see if more of my mates are up for it as this time was more just me and him as he had a recent break up so just wanted to make sure he had a good time.
  • Options

I stayed just outside Lancaster off the M6 until yesterday morning ..
    Lancaster is OK but like a lot of English towns & cities, the town centre excluding the very 'historical bits', is falling down .. too many narrow streets that the traffic have made uninhabitable .. traffic is pretty horrendous ...

interesting (to me anyway) that Lancaster stands on the River Lune and evidently, the words Lancaster/Lancashire derive from that name .. 'The Castle that stands on the Lune' .. rarely have I seen a river that flows so quickly through a major English town/city
  • Options

I stayed just outside Lancaster off the M6 until yesterday morning ..
    Lancaster is OK but like a lot of English towns & cities, the town centre excluding the very 'historical bits', is falling down .. too many narrow streets that the traffic have made uninhabitable .. traffic is pretty horrendous ...

interesting (to me anyway) that Lancaster stands on the River Lune and evidently, the words Lancaster/Lancashire derive from that name .. 'The Castle that stands on the Lune' .. rarely have I seen a river that flows so quickly through a major English town/city
    I didn't think the traffic was that bad, but then I wasn't driving. Much of the centre is pedestrianised, and I found that once you got away from the A6, the streets were fairly quiet as well (e.g. leading up the hill to Williamson Park)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    adsads
    edited October 2017

Have you been to the National Football Museum in Manchester? Worth a visit and free as well, few bits on Charlton in there
  • Options
    ads said:

Have you been to the National Football Museum in Manchester? Worth a visit and free as well, few bits on Charlton in there
    went there a couple of years back .. it was jam packed with 13 year old kids being very naughty .. so didn't see enough or enjoy as much as I should .. might pop in there tomorrow .. it's only a short step from Deansgate and on the way back to my tram stop at Victoria station
  • Options

ads said:

went there a couple of years back .. it was jam packed with 13 year old kids being very naughty .. so didn't see enough or enjoy as much as I should .. might pop in there tomorrow .. it's only a short step from Deansgate and on the way back to my tram stop at Victoria station
    Both it and the Science Museum benefit from the absence of children (said he in his most grumpy old man voice :smiley: )