Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE SCORED A GOAL

Comments

• Options
    The Woy turning 93 comment cracked me up most JiMMy...

It's the hope that gets you.  I take the whole Spanner curse in jest, fuck all we can do about that, BUT i hate those jammy cheating Surrey twats with an often uncontrollable passion!
  • Options
    Next season you have 9 with no chance of relegation;

Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd; Man City; Spurs; Everton; Leicester; Arsenal; Wolves.

In addition I reckon more money will be chucked at Aston Villa and Leeds and (takeover permitting) Newcastle which will make those 3 fine.

I reckon Fulham go up in the playoffs and chuck a bunch of money at staying up again and manage it.

That would leave 7 into 3 relegation places... Being Sheff Utd; Burnley; Southampton; West Brom; Brighton, West Ham and Palace.

It is just a shame they have Roy as manager as he seems to be ever capable of avoiding relegation but they will definitely need to invest or get very lucky this summer and their Yank owners seem keener to take money out than put it in.

• Options
    I thought at the beginning of the season they had a better chance than usual of being relegated but they reached safety very early , that finish to the season was wasted .

I have a palace stalker who I used to work with 15 years ago sending me messages every relegation we suffer or cup final they reach  , I can’t recall abusing him that badly but it must have hurt so a job well done  ...I haven’t seen the twunt for 15 years,  very strange , i just ignore him having bit on our first relegation text 

• Options
    Palace always seem to somehow do enough. They started the other year with 7 straight defeats and still managed to survive.

Their end of season form has to be a big worry, especially with a short turnaround for next season and Zaha potentially going.

Would have to have them amongst the favourites to go down with West brom and the play off winners.
  • Options
    Their end of season form this year isn't much different to ours under Curbs once we'd hit the 40 point mark. Don't think it's worth reading too much into that.

However, their squad is spectacularly stale, and the loss of Zaha will be a major blow. 

Don't really understand this, as I don't recall them ever spending that much, but I keep getting told by Palace fans at work that they're burdened with a huge wage bill, and can't make significant investment in the side.

Certainly think they'll be there or thereabouts next season, but will probably fluke their way out of it yet again.
  • Options
    Watching MOTD I see Zaha collapsed in the box one final time, trying to sign off as he started!
  • Options
    Watching MOTD I see Zaha collapsed in the box one final time, trying to sign off as he started!
    He's been screwed with VAR this season... Would love to see how many penalties he's won this year compared to previous
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Their end of season form this year isn't much different to ours under Curbs once we'd hit the 40 point mark. Don't think it's worth reading too much into that.

However, their squad is spectacularly stale, and the loss of Zaha will be a major blow. 

Don't really understand this, as I don't recall them ever spending that much, but I keep getting told by Palace fans at work that they're burdened with a huge wage bill, and can't make significant investment in the side.

Certainly think they'll be there or thereabouts next season, but will probably fluke their way out of it yet again.
    Also not only have they not spent much, but they got 50m for Wan-Bissaka, so that along with the tv money must mean they have tons of money to invest.
  • Options
    So, another year in the PL for them. How depressing.
    I wonder if their fans are moaning that the team give up after they reach 40 points, or that Woy isn't good enough to take them to the next level?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if their fans are moaning that the team give up after they reach 40 points, or that Woy isn't good enough to take them to the next level?
    Haha, yes, would love to know if those Charlton fans are now. 

Probably had a season ticket at Watford now thinking about getting a Fulham one. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I think the likes of Sahko and Benteke are on pretty high wages (and cost £60m in the first place).
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Also not only have they not spent much, but they got 50m for Wan-Bissaka, so that along with the tv money must mean they have tons of money to invest.
    I thought the Yanks were taking dividends?
  • Options
    Go on their message board, they are moaning like mad.  Even had one I know telling me their chairman is ruining the club and needs to go.  Bunch of nobs but happens at every smaller club.  You sit in the PL for a few years and it gets stale.  Starting the season hoping for mid table, knowing you will never win it or challenge.  It is not really about what sport is about.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Possibly, also know they're looking to renovate their shithole ground so perhaps holding money back for that
  • Options

Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd; Man City; Spurs; Everton; Leicester; Arsenal; Wolves.

In addition I reckon more money will be chucked at Aston Villa and Leeds and (takeover permitting) Newcastle which will make those 3 fine.

I reckon Fulham go up in the playoffs and chuck a bunch of money at staying up again and manage it.

That would leave 7 into 3 relegation places... Being Sheff Utd; Burnley; Southampton; West Brom; Brighton, West Ham and Palace.

It is just a shame they have Roy as manager as he seems to be ever capable of avoiding relegation but they will definitely need to invest or get very lucky this summer and their Yank owners seem keener to take money out than put it in.

I'm not so sure Roy will be starting next season as manager.

He's moaning quite a lot at the moment about lack of investment - never a good tactic with your Chairman after not having won for 8 games. Fans don't seem completely happy with him either and I think I saw somewhere recently that they have got their eye on Dyche as a replacement.

Now that would be a shame.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Possibly, also know they're looking to renovate their shithole ground so perhaps holding money back for that
    They've got a massively expensive new main stand to build, something which has been delayed...
  • Options
    Haha, they had a big fanfare when getting planning permission and now it might not happen. Oh dear how sad never mind.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Exactly what I’ve heard. Their wage bill is ridiculously high for the quality of players they’ve got. Burnley’s is around half the cost and they’ve far out performed palace  this season. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Exactly what I’ve heard. Their wage bill is ridiculously high for the quality of players they’ve got. Burnley’s is around half the cost and they’ve far out performed palace  this season. 
    Secret Agent Benteke  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

London Surrey weighting 
  • Options
    According to most sites you look at they are paying Zaha, Benteke, Sakho and Meyer a combined 475k a week.

Jairo Riedewald (whoever he is), is on 55k a week
    Conor Wickham has another year left on a 60k a week deal.
    Scott Dann (26 appearances in 2 seasons) is also on 60k a week.
  • Options

I'm not so sure Roy will be starting next season as manager.

He's moaning quite a lot at the moment about lack of investment - never a good tactic with your Chairman after not having won for 8 games. Fans don't seem completely happy with him either and I think I saw somewhere recently that they have got their eye on Dyche as a replacement.

Now that would be a shame.
    Why would Dyche want to go to Palace?  He can do better even if he does fancy a change.
  • Options
    Agree with Fortune, sounding increasingly like it's time for Roy to move on. But gievn what happened when they last tried to invent themselves, that must make the board nervous.

I think they're deluded if they think they can get Dyche. Unless they have a plan for how they can become a top 6 or even top 10 team that allows him to spend big. Doesn't sound likely given the apparent disinterest from their owners. They'll have to go abroad or to the Championship for their next manager, assuming Moyes is still at West Ham. 
  • Options
    Dyche might have his sights set higher than Palace.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Here's hoping that the twats make all the wrong choices.  Skidmark football club.
  • Options
    He's been screwed with VAR this season... Would love to see how many penalties he's won this year compared to previous
    He won 5 penalties in 2018/19
    He won 1 penalty in 2019/20

MrLargo said:

They took a massive loan out just before Christmas, to be paid for by the money coming in from Man Utd for him.

MrLargo said:

I think the likes of Sahko and Benteke are on pretty high wages (and cost £60m in the first place).
    £85k and £110k a week respectively. Both contracted until 2021. Benteke signed a years extension in January.

MrLargo said:

Desperate to sell their stake.

iaitch said:
    Haha, they had a big fanfare when getting planning permission and now it might not happen. Oh dear how sad never mind.
    They don't have planning permission and eve if they did they still have several difficult hoops to go through, not least Sainsburys are refusing to deal with them.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Dyche might have his sights set higher than Palace.
    Not certain he'll take the Macclesfield job though.
  • Options
    Macclesfield are a big name in football, not as big as Accrington Stanley though.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Macclesfield are a big name in football, not as big as Accrington Stanley though.
    Or Inverness Caledonian Thistle.