Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 18 (The computer game)

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Video games are overpriced in my opinion, but I feel like getting FIFA for 40-50 quid and not paying a penny more for the online stuff is a win. The hours spent on it are huge compared to other games. Just don't fall for the FUT bullshit!

I disagree, when you consider how much effort goes into making them, plus the amount of play time you get out of them i think they are very reasonably priced.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Video games are overpriced in my opinion, but I feel like getting FIFA for 40-50 quid and not paying a penny more for the online stuff is a win. The hours spent on it are huge compared to other games. Just don't fall for the FUT bullshit!

I disagree, when you consider how much effort goes into making them, plus the amount of play time you get out of them i think they are very reasonably priced.
    You are not guaranteed play time, if you don't get into the game. It's a big commitment of cash. There are fewer trial downloads these days too. Tends to be the bigger, annual iteration games that get those.

And the proliferation of special editions, and the pricing for digital copies, isn't helping. The Shadow Of War special edition is £90!
  • Options
    I did get the icon edition of fifa but i play it so much its definitely worth it for me. With games like Shadow of War, Witcher ect i normally wait for a drop in price.
  • Options

Thinking about getting it after work but thought 17 was shit....is it worth getting this year? Im not fussed aobut online just a career mode!

I'm like you just play career mode. Had mine delivered today and played it for a couple of hours. If you didn't like 17 you probably won't like this as it's pretty similar in game play.
  • Options
    agim said:

Thinking about getting it after work but thought 17 was shit....is it worth getting this year? Im not fussed aobut online just a career mode!

I'm like you just play career mode. Had mine delivered today and played it for a couple of hours. If you didn't like 17 you probably won't like this as it's pretty similar in game play.
    Hmm Really? I might just take the chance and if its pants, ill knock a 5er off the sale price! someone will have it haha!
  • Options
    Do I not like the new transfer/contract dealings, completely longwinded and pointless
  • Options
    Haven't played career mode for years, only FUT for me. Find it abit tedious and repetitive playing the CPU.
  • Options
    Disappointed with this year, like an arcade game
  • Options

Haven't played career mode for years, only FUT for me. Find it abit tedious and repetitive playing the CPU.

I said the same thing 8 days ago. Now I've played squad battles I can't stop. The CPU is incredible compared to what it was on the last one I played (15). Feels like an actual player and it's not annoying like it used to be.
  • Options

I said the same thing 8 days ago. Now I've played squad battles I can't stop. The CPU is incredible compared to what it was on the last one I played (15). Feels like an actual player and it's not annoying like it used to be.
    No doubt i will give career mode a go this year. I've heard lots of people saying it's much better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    cafctom said:

Have started a 'legendary difficulty' career mode with Brighton as I wanted the Premier League experience which EA has put quite a bit of effort into. Somehow beat Manchester City 3-0 on the opening day and then I turned it off. Part of me wanted to get destroyed so that it would feel realistic.

But then again maybe I'm just the don at FIFA.

Put the settings on manual and try again.
  • Options
    Have to say the whole transfer / contract negotiation thing wears a bit think after a while. I know you can delegate them but even so. I've started a season with arsenal and the first thing I did was to give sanchez a new deal. He even took a pay cut because he loves the club so much!
  • Options
    agim said:

Have to say the whole transfer / contract negotiation thing wears a bit think after a while. I know you can delegate them but even so. I've started a season with arsenal and the first thing I did was to give sanchez a new deal. He even took a pay cut because he loves the club so much!

This is why career mode has never really cut it for me, it's so unrealistic.
  • Options
    Played a co-op tournament with a couple of mates last night. Brazil played like Brazil, but India played like a Saturday league side, and that's great cos we could really tell the difference and that's never happened before. Usually everyone plays like Brazil.
  • Options

agim said:

This is why career mode has never really cut it for me, it's so unrealistic.
    I forgot to add he asked for 2.5m signing on fee and another 2m after playing 10 games!
  • Options
    I've just started a season with Dortmund, waiting to start one with Charlton until hopefully we get Reeco and Barnes in the game.

Definitely harder than last year. The training drills are much better, much trickier but also more realistic.

Keeping clean sheets in this game is much harder than in previous years. I like to play attacking, possession-based football, but it often means my defense is dragged all over the place and we concede goals.

Really enjoying it so far. Thinking the passing and off-the-ball movement is smoother and more realistic.
  • Options
    Fosu in form?
  • Options
    Started a Managerial Career last night with Stevenage on World Class mode as I like to start at the bottom and work my way up, its definitely harder now as like SDAddick I play a possession type game (Probably not suited to the Stevenage squad which might not be helping) but have been conceding goals for fun... Lost to Grimsby in the League: 5-2 despite going 1-0 up and bringing it back to 2-2, yet on previous versions would never have lost by that sort of scoreline on previous versions.

Might be because I've not used it in previous versions but I've started using the finesse shot rather than anything else and scoring a lot of worldies at the moment which does make it feel a little less realistic (i.e. Would make it harder to score from distance and make it a bit easier to score team passing type goals as they seem impossible at WC Mode)
  • Options
    I can't defend for toffee on the new game, luckily i'm also finding it very easy to score, hopefully its me not the game because winning/losing 5-4 wears thin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can't defend for toffee on the new game, luckily i'm also finding it very easy to score, hopefully its me not the game because winning/losing 5-4 wears thin

Not just you I'm afraid. The keepers are all shite and the tackling is broken
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Not just you I'm afraid. The keepers are all shite and the tackling is broken
    The angles that you can score from are ridiculous
  • Options
    The Journey is awful, i have given it a chance and tried persisting with it but might give up now. *stop reading for spoilers****

At first get shipped out to MLS which is fine, but as their season ends in October then have to wait until January where went to Athletico M, play barely a few games and then get injured. Now have to play as Danny Williams for a couple of games, also previously played 1 games as his sister. Just not really interested in it now, maybe i have made bad decisions but dont think much of it at all.

Also playing on WC, went through a period i was scoring and getting odd assist however Bournemouth just create nothing.

I would also add what i said previously how everything you are out of position you get penalised constantly and there is no way to counter it. Maybe its me choosing LW but it expects me to be behind the play constantly, and when you have a good run its then penalised if the other side cut it out before you get the ball.

Started career mode, MLS never done one before only played 1 game. Also waiting for RHF etc on an update to do a Charlton one.
  • Options
    I'm finding the game play pretty realistic. I play on legend and it's tough to keep clean sheets but I'm scoring all sorts of goals
  • Options

The Journey is awful, i have given it a chance and tried persisting with it but might give up now. *stop reading for spoilers****

At first get shipped out to MLS which is fine, but as their season ends in October then have to wait until January where went to Athletico M, play barely a few games and then get injured. Now have to play as Danny Williams for a couple of games, also previously played 1 games as his sister. Just not really interested in it now, maybe i have made bad decisions but dont think much of it at all.

No bad decisions. Just like maddens long shot story mode, there is nothing you can do that changes the ending. Everything plays out exactly the same.

Loved UT this year. Made 2 really strong teams. 1 full of Spanish and 1 full of Italians. Played it all weekend. Completed the game (well got the platinum (4th person in the world apparently)). Now on to PES.
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

No bad decisions. Just like maddens long shot story mode, there is nothing you can do that changes the ending. Everything plays out exactly the same.

Loved UT this year. Made 2 really strong teams. 1 full of Spanish and 1 full of Italians. Played it all weekend. Completed the game (well got the platinum (4th person in the world apparently)). Now on to PES.
    Completed it? lol how can you complete it :) have i been whooshed..

Playing the odd game here and there been pretty busy, mates round tomorrow for 2 v 2 should be interesting as my partner (Gayyyy) hasn't played it yet, other 2 have and one has the game so could be one way i think
  • Options

Started a Managerial Career last night with Stevenage on World Class mode as I like to start at the bottom and work my way up, its definitely harder now as like SDAddick I play a possession type game (Probably not suited to the Stevenage squad which might not be helping) but have been conceding goals for fun... Lost to Grimsby in the League: 5-2 despite going 1-0 up and bringing it back to 2-2, yet on previous versions would never have lost by that sort of scoreline on previous versions.

Might be because I've not used it in previous versions but I've started using the finesse shot rather than anything else and scoring a lot of worldies at the moment which does make it feel a little less realistic (i.e. Would make it harder to score from distance and make it a bit easier to score team passing type goals as they seem impossible at WC Mode)

Okay maybe spoke a bit too soon.

10-games into my Stevenage career I'd scored 16-goals yet couldnt defend... Loaded up my game on Tuesday night ready to continue my good form and it didnt start well losing 2-0 to Notts County in the FL Trophy not bothered its a crap competition anyway, went on to beat Carlisle 2-1 in the FA Cup before hosting Forest Green in the League - Took a nice first half lead and was romping to yet another three points which would have taken me closer to the Play-Offs after disastrous start to the season. Get into injury time, just have to see the game ou.. oh 1-1, conceded an equaliser in the 90th min to somehow end up drawing.

Travelled to Yeovil for the next game thinking it was a one off match, again dominated yet just couldnt score... Ended up losing 2-0 and now the issues began, that evening went a further 10 GAMES without scoring a goal, the good news was the fact that I'd learnt to defend, the bad news meant every result was coming in 0-0!! - Got to the last game, was losing and just turned the computer off in frustration.

Last night I restarted with Exeter and it was much the same, just couldnt find the net so decided to put in a loan request (I'm doing Be a Pro where I control the whole squad)... That request was accepted and I packed my bags to head back home and join Crawley on a loan deal - First game ended 0-0, second game I FINALLY BLOODY scored a goal, beat Colchester 1-0 in the Football League Trophy and went bloody bonkers!!

Whats frustrating is I'm doing absolutely nothing different, yet for some reason the defence seem to block every shot and went I do get it through on goal the ball either flies over the net or is comfortably saved!!
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

robroy said:

Anyone getting this for the Switch?

That'll be me!
    Did not realise that this is a completely different version to that of PS4 and Xbox, it was written from the ground up for the switch. Very very annoying that you cant play your friends online, you can only play randoms. Ridiculous idea.

So sadly wont be able to give you a go!
  • Options
    Oh really? Didn't realise that! Must be something they'll sort out with a future update?

Probably a good thing for me, only played a couple of games so far and I was shite!
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Travelled to Yeovil for the next game thinking it was a one off match, again dominated yet just couldnt score... Ended up losing 2-0 and now the issues began, that evening went a further 10 GAMES without scoring a goal, the good news was the fact that I'd learnt to defend, the bad news meant every result was coming in 0-0!! - Got to the last game, was losing and just turned the computer off in frustration.
    So Stevenage are a Crystal Palace that can defend?