Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly

Comments

• Options
    Surprised Matthews didn't get anything yet. Though he was one of our better performers in the championship.
  • Options
    I think Matthews will get a move. All it takes is an injury to a RB and he’ll be high up the list of available players. 3k a week is nothing for the majority of Champ clubs. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Why would Solly want to play?
    He knew he would not get a new contract so was just risking injury.
    Its not as if he was a 24 year old stand out player that was going to attract interest from a multitude of championship clubs.
    His injury problems would have been well known.

Who amongst us including Mathews and Solly would have thought way back in July that the dreaded virus would still have such an impact on our lives and football clubs.
    There are, and will be lots of footballers looking for a payday, Mathews and Solly amongst them.
    L.B. was spot on with his analysis of the situation.      
    So using this idea the rationale not to play the very limited amount of time we might of needed him for was that it might result in injury which dropped him getting a new club. Given that he didn’t play and he doesn’t have a new club, how’s that working out?

Would have been better for his prospects if he could have played whatever small amount of time might have been asked of him so he could then go into the market as a player who was demonstrably fit, with recent Championship experience and no baggage. Now he doesn’t really have any of those qualities and I’m not surprised that he doesn’t have a team. 
    I think my point is that he and probably Mathews thought that finding a club would be easier than its turned out with the wage and cost caps. 
    We all thought that we would have been shot of the dreaded virus and its effects by now.
    Difficult situation for a bloke who always gave 100% for Charlton.

...until he decided to give 0% (according to Cawley’s Bowyer tweet)
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Why would Solly want to play?
    He knew he would not get a new contract so was just risking injury.
    Its not as if he was a 24 year old stand out player that was going to attract interest from a multitude of championship clubs.
    His injury problems would have been well known.

Who amongst us including Mathews and Solly would have thought way back in July that the dreaded virus would still have such an impact on our lives and football clubs.
    There are, and will be lots of footballers looking for a payday, Mathews and Solly amongst them.
    L.B. was spot on with his analysis of the situation.      
    So using this idea the rationale not to play the very limited amount of time we might of needed him for was that it might result in injury which dropped him getting a new club. Given that he didn’t play and he doesn’t have a new club, how’s that working out?

Would have been better for his prospects if he could have played whatever small amount of time might have been asked of him so he could then go into the market as a player who was demonstrably fit, with recent Championship experience and no baggage. Now he doesn’t really have any of those qualities and I’m not surprised that he doesn’t have a team. 
    I think my point is that he and probably Mathews thought that finding a club would be easier than its turned out with the wage and cost caps. 
    We all thought that we would have been shot of the dreaded virus and its effects by now.
    Difficult situation for a bloke who always gave 100% for Charlton.

...until he decided to give 0% (according to Cawley’s Bowyer tweet)
    Yes a disappointing end as he always gave 100% when selected.
    Still understand his reason for not playing if that was the case. 
    Maybe as cafcfan1990 suggested he will find a club if a right back from a lower league club is injured. 
    Good luck Chris Solly.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Surprised Matthews didn't get anything yet. Though he was one of our better performers in the championship.
    Hasn't Matthews had injury problems which is how we got him?

We were forced into a situation, given the incompetence and / or malevolence of our top echelons, whereby if a player wasn't actually comatose or plastered from head to toe we had to sign him to make up a squad.

I doubt too many other Championship clubs are as disorganised or desperate.

Not intended as a criticism of Matthews in anyway as I think he was good for us overall.
  • Options
    As a fan it's disappointing that Solly would not offer to play all six games at the end of the season, given he was club captain and had his testimonial. His apparent lack of total support would not been helpful re team spirit...but overall his actions probably had minimal contribution to our last day relegation. However, it's also sad that he has been unable to get another team. Blimey, if Page can get a contract then anyone should! 
  • Options
    Is there any ore news?
  • Options
    995632 said:
    Saga Lout said:
    Is there any ore news?
    A raft of Australian iron ore projects are moving towards production next year, as sustained strong iron ore prices boost confidence that previously marginal projects will give a good rate of return over the next couple of years.

https://www.argusmedia.com/en/news/2155652-australian-iron-ore-projects-take-off
    Brilliant 😂
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    995632 said:
    Saga Lout said:
    Is there any ore news?
    A raft of Australian iron ore projects are moving towards production next year, as sustained strong iron ore prices boost confidence that previously marginal projects will give a good rate of return over the next couple of years.

https://www.argusmedia.com/en/news/2155652-australian-iron-ore-projects-take-off
    Thanks. That is, of course, what I meant on a thread about Chris Solly. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he is probably regretting his decision now. I imagine if he had made himself available for those last games, even if he didn’t play, there would have been a strong change of getting a new contract once relegation had been confirmed. Sad end to the story. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Nobody knows shit, just hearsay & rumours
  • Options
    Paulie's comment at the top of Pg.21 confirms what went on

If people want the full story yet think his comment is heresay or rumour then they'll never be satisfied 
  • Options

If people want the full story yet think his comment is heresay or rumour then they'll never be satisfied 
    I'd heard similar, not from Solly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
  • Options
    Quickly goes back to page 21.....
  • Options
    So just in case we needed any confirmation good riddance bowyer.
  • Options
    Might be why it appeared that he "lost" the dressing room.
  • Options
    Yet more proof that Bowyer is a dickhead 
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Off topic but what has happened to Paulie? Seems like he just stopped posting
  • Options

Off topic but what has happened to Paulie? Seems like he just stopped posting
    Had a break from posting, has found it's been beneficial to him. Still comes on but posts less.
  • Options
    He is still reading daily. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    shine166 said:
    Yet more proof that Bowyer is a dickhead 
    The gift that keeps on giving....