Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celebrities That Are Still Alive

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:
    I haven't read the thread so apologies if she's already there, but I recently looked up when Vera Lynn died and was surprised to find that she's still with us, aged 102.
    She is unkillable, the nazi's and the 21st century couldn't do it 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I haven't read the thread so apologies if she's already there, but I recently looked up when Vera Lynn died and was surprised to find that she's still with us, aged 102.
    Been mentioned a few times and with great justification.
    No harm in mentioning her again Uboat.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Been mentioned a few times and with great justification.
    No harm in mentioning her again Uboat.

You're too lenient, Soundasa£. Chirpy would have dished out a yellow card for repetition!
  • Options
    Buzz Aldrin - 90 today. Happy Birthday Buzz, if that is your real name.
  • Options
    Roy Clarke

Born 28 January 1930

Wrote Last of The Summer Wine, Open All Hours, Keeping Up Appearances and more besides
  • Options
    Matthew Corbett....
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Matthew Corbett....

He's a mere 71 but his dad Harry would have made the thread.......had he not died about 30 years ago
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    PopIcon said:
    Matthew Corbett....
    Sorry, doesn’t make it by no less than 19 years.....90 is the starting point.
    And anyway, he’s only a B list celebrity at best.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Roy Clarke

Born 28 January 1930

Wrote Last of The Summer Wine, Open All Hours, Keeping Up Appearances and more besides
    He’s not really a household name Len.......it’s a no from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Roy Clarke

Born 28 January 1930

LenGlover said:
    Roy Clarke

Born 28 January 1930

Tough, Soundasa£. Very tough. I'd definitely give him the thumbs up but you're the boss.

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Roy Clarke

Born 28 January 1930

LenGlover said:
    Roy Clarke

Born 28 January 1930

Tough, Soundasa£. Very tough. I'd definitely give him the thumbs up but you're the boss.

He's channelling his inner Chirpy... 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Matthew Corbett....

He's a mere 71 but his dad Harry would have made the thread.......had he not died about 30 years ago
    I didnt realise there were rules, I should have read the OP. Not seen him on the telebox for yonks.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Like London buses ages without any and then two almost at once and this time I think 'Chirpy' @SoundAsa£ will let me have it too!

Gene Hackman, Film actor

born 30 January 1930
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Like London buses ages without any and then two almost at once and this time I think 'Chirpy' @SoundAsa£ will let me have it too!

Gene Hackman, Film actor

born 30 January 1930
    Oh yes, most certainly Len.
    “A” list actor for sure.
  • Options
    Doreen Mantle, 91. ( Mrs Warboys )
    You put her there yourself!

Do keep up! ;)
  • Options
    Robert Wagner, Actor

Born February 10 1930
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Doreen Mantle, 91. ( Mrs Warboys )
    You put her there yourself!

Do keep up! ;)
    It was two years ago Len. I can't remember yesterday's result mate... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    June Brown
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    June Brown
  • Options
    Just looking at the original Chirpy list from 2017. Who is left?

Olivia De Havilland (101) - Actress who played Maid Marion in The Adventures of Robin Hood starring Errol Flynn in 1938 and also Gone With The Wind
    Kirk Douglas (100) - Spartacus - Say no more!
    Dennis Norden (95) - Comedy writer

(Lord) Peter Carrington (98) - Decorated war veteran, Government Minister, Secretary General of NATO
    President Jimmy Carter (92)
    Everton Weekes (92) West Indian Test Cricketer and one of The Three W's
    Pete Murray (92) Original Radio1 DJ
    Katie Boyle (91) Actress and TV personality
    Nicholas Parsons (93) Actor and TV/Radio personality
    Doris Day (95) Singer and actress

David Attenborough (91) - Naturalist and broadcaster
    Mel Brooks (91) Actor/Producer/Director

Not a bad average still with us, really...

Has anyone mentioned Doreen Mantle (Mrs Warboys) who is 93? 
    I know it's the practical thing to do, but I always get bad vibes when I cross someones name out in my address book after they die.

I'm sort of waiting for a thunderbolt or something, not sure what really, but it seems a bit disrespectful.  It's like they've led this life and at the end they simply get scratched out.  I get the same feeling when deleting names from modern devices.  
  • Options
    Just looking at the original Chirpy list from 2017. Who is left?

Olivia De Havilland (101) - Actress who played Maid Marion in The Adventures of Robin Hood starring Errol Flynn in 1938 and also Gone With The Wind
    Kirk Douglas (100) - Spartacus - Say no more!
    Dennis Norden (95) - Comedy writer

(Lord) Peter Carrington (98) - Decorated war veteran, Government Minister, Secretary General of NATO
    President Jimmy Carter (92)
    Everton Weekes (92) West Indian Test Cricketer and one of The Three W's
    Pete Murray (92) Original Radio1 DJ
    Katie Boyle (91) Actress and TV personality
    Nicholas Parsons (93) Actor and TV/Radio personality
    Doris Day (95) Singer and actress

David Attenborough (91) - Naturalist and broadcaster
    Mel Brooks (91) Actor/Producer/Director

Not a bad average still with us, really...

Has anyone mentioned Doreen Mantle (Mrs Warboys) who is 93? 
    I know it's the practical thing to do, but I always get bad vibes when I cross someones name out in my address book after they die.

I'm sort of waiting for a thunderbolt or something, not sure what really, but it seems a bit disrespectful.  It's like they've led this life and at the end they simply get scratched out.  I get the same feeling when deleting names from modern devices.  
    I still have my mum's old landline number in my mobile from 12 years ago...
  • Options
    Tippi Hedren

Actress,  especially Alfred Hitchcock films The Birds and Marnie

Born 19 January 1930
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Way back when there used to be a programme called 'Tonight' on the BBC around the time, or slightly earlier, of 'The One Show' today.

Regular guests on Tonight were a Scottish Folk Duo called Robin Hall and Jimmy Macgregor and they were responsible for a famous song called 'Football Crazy' which is still played today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN3CrpAKakQ

Robin Hall has been strumming away in the Studio In The Sky for some years but Jimmy Macgregor, born 10 March 1930, is happily still with us.
  • Options
    Has any Addick fan or player made it on to this site.  I can think of Derek Ufton.  Anyone else?
  • Options
    Stephen Sondheim

Composer and Lyricist

West Side Story, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum, A Little Night Music and Sweeney Todd are just a selection of the many musicals he helped create over the years.

Born 22 March 1930
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    103 now, it was her birthday 2 days ago