Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celebrities That Are Still Alive

Comments

• Options
    Don KIng,now 90 and I believe still promoting the odd contest.
  • Options
    As a matter of fact, many of the bouts he promoted could be described as “odd contests.”
  • Options
    As a matter of fact, many of the bouts he promoted could be described as “odd contests.”
    Is that another way of saying fixed ? 
  • Options
    Errrrrm…..yeah Beds.🤭
  • Options
    Film and TV composer Laurie Johnson will be 95 on Monday. You might not know his name, but you'll certainly have heard his music which includes the themes to The Avengers, This Is Your Life, The Professionals and Animal Magic/W1A. His tunes have also found their way int Ren and Stimpy and Spongebob Squarepants.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Angie Dickinson, film and TV star turned 90 in September 2021. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Film and TV composer Laurie Johnson will be 95 on Monday. You might not know his name, but you'll certainly have heard his music which includes the themes to The Avengers, This Is Your Life, The Professionals and Animal Magic/W1A. His tunes have also found their way int Ren and Stimpy and Spongebob Squarepants.
    Stig…..although the thread is no longer monitored or edited, I think I can safely say that Chirpy wouldn’t have accepted him as being ‘a celebrity’……. as such. 
  • Options
    Probably the most famous movie composer ever, John Williams is 90 today.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Stig…..although the thread is no longer monitored or edited, I think I can safely say that Chirpy wouldn’t have accepted him as being ‘a celebrity’……. as such. 
    Well he's got an MBE for services to music. In my eyes that makes him more celebrated than some dork who's on 'reality' tv because they've got a funny haircut and are entertainingly-stupid. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Stig said:
    Stig said:
    Well he's got an MBE for services to music. In my eyes that makes him more celebrated than some dork who's on 'reality' tv because they've got a funny haircut and are entertainingly-stupid. 
    I agree Stig….but it’s the latter who is a household name…..unfortunately not the hugely talented Laurie Johnson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    John Williams is 90,if there has ever been a better guitar player ,composer and all round musical genius,I havent seen them.
  • Options
    Can't recall seeing him on this thread but Clint Eastwood is still going strong - will be 92 on 31st May
  • Options
    Can't recall seeing him on this thread but Clint Eastwood is still going strong - will be 92 on 31st May
    Clint is still going strong and I believe still doing a bit of film directing
  • Options
    Did he film six shots or only five?
  • Options
    John Williams is 90,if there has ever been a better guitar player ,composer and all round musical genius,I havent seen them.
    John Williams, guitarist, is 80. 

John Williams, composer, is 90. 

Jonny Williams, former Charlton Athletic attacking footballer, is 28. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    John Williams, guitarist, is 80. 

John Williams, composer, is 90. 

Jonny Williams, former Charlton Athletic attacking footballer, is 28. 
    Well I stand suitably chastised,just saw the article in a paper and thought they were one and the same,(No need for the sarcasm though)
  • Options
    Nigel Lawson former Chancellor of the Exchequer and father to the lovely Nigella.

Born 11 March 1932. Yes I'm 15 minutes early but Chirpy is no longer monitoring to moan!
  • Options
    Did he film six shots or only five?
    Dunno….but do you feel lucky?
  • Options
    Loretta Lynn

Country Music legend known as the Coal Miner's Daughter.

Born 14 April 1932.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Edwina bloody Currie, can’t stand her 
  • Options
    Is this Edwina bloody Currie, former MP and broadcaster?  If so, she’s only 75 and her birthday is in October?
  • Options
    William Roache, Ken Barlow is 90
  • Options

Raman Subba Row was 90 on 29th January

Former England opening batsman and Wisden Player of the Year. On the basis of those credentials alone I'm sure Riviera would have allowed him to be added to the list!
    Brings back memories of many visits to the Oval and watching Peter May’s Championship winning side
  • Options
    Tony Geraghty.

Author and Journalist probably best known for the book about the SAS 'Who Dares Wins.'

Born 13 January 1932.
  • Options
    You're a week early. Although there's been plenty of press coverage this week it's all in anticipation of his 90th birthday.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Angela Mortimer British tennis player. https://www.tennisfame.com/hall-of-famers/inductees/angela-mortimer-barrett

Wimbledon champion 1961, French Champion 1955, Australian Champion 1958. She was also a losing finalist in the French in 1956 and at Wimbledon in 1958.

One of our most successful female tennis players yet the pundits only seem to go back as far as Virginia Wade.

Born 20th or 21st April 1932. ( The tennis Hall of Fame says 20th Wiki says 21st so take your pick).

Incidentally her husband, John Barrett is also over 90 years old. He played for GB in the Davis Cup before switching to journalism and becoming best known as a longstanding commentator for the BBC.
  • Options
    Today's the day. Happy 90th birthday William Roache/Ken Barlow.