Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celebrities That Are Still Alive

1282930313234»

Comments

• Options
    Happy 94th birthday, Clint Eastwood 

• Options
    Pat Boone singer. Born 1 June 1934.

Particularly successful and famous in the nineteen fifties. My late mother in law was a great fan.
  • Options
    Actually a favourite of mine too back in the 50s and one of first LPs I ever bought.  We saw him in later life on stage in Wellington and he was embarrassingly off key.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Pat Boone singer. Born 1 June 1934.

Particularly successful and famous in the nineteen fifties. My late mother in law was a great fan.
    The anti-Rock n Roller... BUT - his sanitised versions of songs originally sung by black artists did expose the music to a wider audience, some of whom would then have gone out and discovered the originals. And in some cases (where the artist hadn't been ripped off by unscrupulous publishers, producers or managers) earned a few bob for the songwriter(s). He also discovered this bloke... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zgsIdMa8qA    
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Millicent Martin

Actress, Singer and all round entertainer. Born 8 June 1924.

Been active for more than 60 years and was particularly famous in That Was The Week That Was a satirical programme from the 60s. She also often appeared as a panellist on Juke Box Jury around the same time.
    More recently well known for playing Daphne Moon's mother in Frasier.  
  • Options
    William Daniels, Actor born 31 March 1927

Played the father of Benjamin Braddock (Dustin Hoffman character) in The Graduate and also appeared in St Elsewhere, Greys Anatomy and plenty of others.
  • Options
    I think she has been mentioned before, but as she just popped up on a post on Facebook - Marion Ross (Mrs Cunningham from Happy Days) is still with us at 95. 
  • Options
    Still having a go at 98 Dick Van Dyke.

• Options
    How come Brian Connelly and Matthew Kelly got in on the act? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve never laughed as much as when watching Butterflies
  • Options
    Bob Blair, NZ fast bowler in the 1950s is 92 today.

I might have mentioned this before but in 1953, when on tour with the NZ team in South Africa, news came through that Bob’s fiancée Narissa Love had been killed in the Tangiwai train disaster on Christmas Eve.

It was during the Test at Johannesburg and an announcement was made to the crowd that Blair would take no further part in the match.  On Boxing Day at the fall of NZ’s 9th second innings wicket in a pretty hopeless situation, Bert Sutcliffe the not out batsman had started his return to the pavilion when Blair came out to bat.

The crowd rose in silence as Bob Blair made his way to the wicket.  An iconic moment of kiwi sporting history.

The pair put on 33 runs in 20 balls before Blair was stumped and NZ went down by 132 runs.

Bob Blair married his wife Barbara in 1986, 33 years after the rail disaster and they live in England.