Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael O'Leary & Ryanair

Comments

• se9addick said:

My flight to Rome next month was one of those cancelled - fortunately I was able to choose another flight the day before. Also, the 4 of us got £80 flight vouchers each. Which ties in nicely for return flights to Madrid in February.

Utter shambles though.

How did you get the vouchers @ricky_otto ?

Had a flight to Glasgow cancelled, got the refund but didn't see a voucher mentioned.
    Got an email. Can book the flights from start of October up until March (I think it was) Christmas and new year period is exempt though.
  • Now, what you need is a company like Norwegian Airlines or some other enterprising airline to come along and advertise that they will fill in some of the routes that Ryanair have cancelled - even if it was a loss leader. That would put the cat amongst the pigeons.
  • What has the EU ever done for us eh...

Surely there will be a British Version of EU261? I got €600 from it this year.

He's a clever man is O'Leary. One who has probably changed the industry forever, but I can't believe people are defending him for this.
  • If they are breaking the rules re compensation then can't the respective authorities take his licence away?
  • cafcfan said:

I'm not a fan of Nick Ferrari but his interview with a Ryanair pilot is illuminating stuff (if not just a bit scary!).
    Spend seven minutes listening to this. Ryanair charge their prospective pilots 300 Euro for a job interview ffs.

https://youtu.be/QgJmavsITaY

Dumbfounded
  • iaitch said:

If they are breaking the rules re compensation then can't the respective authorities take his licence away?

I assume that's the Irish Commission for Aviation Regulation? (Unless I've missed it,) they seem to have been very quite on the whole subject of consumer rights haven't they?
  • cafcfan said:

I'm not a fan of Nick Ferrari but his interview with a Ryanair pilot is illuminating stuff (if not just a bit scary!).
    Spend seven minutes listening to this. Ryanair charge their prospective pilots 300 Euro for a job interview ffs.

Saw this yesterday and I'm glad you've shared it, unbelievable stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• for me the best way to look at it is you sort of get what you pay for,

if you book a train ticket in august for a charlton match in november, knowing full well the game could be cancelled, then thats your problem.

if you book with an airline that cancel the flight you are entitled to the money back what you paid for the ticket, admitedly in this day and age you should be able to book a flight with some conviction that its going to fly.
  • cafcfan said:

iaitch said:

If they are breaking the rules re compensation then can't the respective authorities take his licence away?

I assume that's the Irish Commission for Aviation Regulation? (Unless I've missed it,) they seem to have been very quite on the whole subject of consumer rights haven't they?
    I smell a rat...

• Now, what you need is a company like Norwegian Airlines or some other enterprising airline to come along and advertise that they will fill in some of the routes that Ryanair have cancelled - even if it was a loss leader. That would put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Especially as thats where all the 'holidaying' pilots now work
  • You pays your money you gets your choice. And I have never flown with these cowboys and never will.
  • edited September 2017
    Sack him O'Leary out! Better still liquidate the company.
  • cafcfan said:

Truly vile man O'Leary and business.
  • I'm not totally up to speed with all this & haven't flown for almost 10 years, bur what I've seen on TV over the last few days is that its the CAA that are throwing the book at him. Not sure what the EU has to do with T&C's (unlike the volcano issue) but I wouldn't be surprised if the CAA have more power than the EU or any other body in this case.

I wouldn't also be surprised if this broke the company - Ratners went bust because the boss said that the cheap earing's they were selling (at around £5) weren't worth it & wouldn't last as long as a prawn sandwich you could buy for the same price. The public don't forget.

- He'll ignore the CAA and pay their 'big' fine when it arrives - it will still be cheaper than doing the decent thing and ensuring inconvenience for his disappointed customers is minimised. A mass boycott is being planned and if that succeeds he will have to give up valuable slots to his competitors which will see Ryanair having it's wings clipped and being forced to treat customers like customers and not like value-less hostages Personally, I gave up on them years ago when the bastards sold me a cheap flight with a link to a boarding pass which deliberately was'[t working so they could effectively charge me double and make some money. O'Leary is a con man who thinks because it's cheap he is justified in fleecing us every which way once we have bought a ticket.
  • I'm not totally up to speed with all this & haven't flown for almost 10 years, bur what I've seen on TV over the last few days is that its the CAA that are throwing the book at him. Not sure what the EU has to do with T&C's (unlike the volcano issue) but I wouldn't be surprised if the CAA have more power than the EU or any other body in this case.

I wouldn't also be surprised if this broke the company - Ratners went bust because the boss said that the cheap earing's they were selling (at around £5) weren't worth it & wouldn't last as long as a prawn sandwich you could buy for the same price. The public don't forget.

As for cheap flights - have a gander at the Fascinating Aida sketch. Tells you all you want to know.

Prawn Sarnies £2.20 in Tesco

• iainment said:

Off to Ireland tomorrow with Ryanair. Luckily for me no flights to or from Kerry cancelled.

What about the cats? ffs
    We have a nice lady that comes in and feeds them while we're away. So you don't need to worry. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:

You pays your money you gets your choice. And I have never flown with these cowboys and never will.

This ^. I stopped after a 23-hour delay in Riga. Next to Ryanair, EasyJet seem like some sort of luxury service
  • Time for AirAsia to expand into Europe!
  • Cheers for the lol @i_b_b_o_r_g ...they all count, but not sure what is so funny about the situation?
  • To get to Kerry I have no choice but to fly Ryanair. And to be fair I've only ever had one problem with them in over 10 years, which was my fault.
    I've flown all over Europe with them and unless they cause me huge problems will carry on so doing. Unless there's a cheaper alternative.
  • sam3110 said:

you just dont like him, if it was your money youd say fuck that aswell

So it's ok for O'Leary and RyanAir but not for Uber?
    Yep fuck uber

Long live o Leary
  • sam3110 said:

you just dont like him, if it was your money youd say fuck that aswell

So it's ok for O'Leary and RyanAir but not for Uber?
    Yep fuck uber

Long live o Leary
    You're either a WUM or a total hypocrite then
  • Would not touch this outfit with a barge pole...A friend of mine piloted for them for about 6 months a few years ago and said he often had to take over the controls from inexperienced co-pilots particularly on landing...Happy flying with them
  • After listening to that broadcast I would be amazed if anyone ever flew with Ryanair ever again.