Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael O'Leary & Ryanair

Comments

• I haven't listened to the LBC yet. Is the pilot a current pilot or ex Ryanair?
  • I'm not sure, but what he says is unbelievable.
  • Would not touch this outfit with a barge pole...A friend of mine piloted for them for about 6 months a few years ago and said he often had to take over the controls from inexperienced co-pilots particularly on landing...Happy flying with them

Unlikely, their safety record is pretty good.

Shit airline in general though
  • Cheers for the lol @i_b_b_o_r_g ...they all count, but not sure what is so funny about the situation?

You get a special LOL for the negative Brexit spin, but dont take it to heart mate, I get sarcastic LOLs all the time and I'm sure no one means any harm with them
  • Would not touch this outfit with a barge pole...A friend of mine piloted for them for about 6 months a few years ago and said he often had to take over the controls from inexperienced co-pilots particularly on landing...Happy flying with them

Unlikely, their safety record is pretty good.

Shit airline in general though
    Course it is as you have my mate taking over the controls, they obviously pitched an experienced pilot with one so young, he says you did not know who you were flying with till you turned up....with other airlines that's not the case...
  • You pay peanuts you get monkeys.
  • Just heard the video, just backed up what I said earlier ?.
  • Ryanairs strapline should be

Ryannair...We do what We want and we don't give a shit
  • Carter said:

Ryanairs strapline should be

Ryannair...We do what We want and we don't give a shit

I think Millwall have already patented that!
  • you just dont like him, if it was your money youd say fck that aswell

No mate, @Rizzo is making the same argument as we are making re Uber.

• Sponsored links:

• Cheers for the lol @i_b_b_o_r_g ...they all count, but not sure what is so funny about the situation?

You get a special LOL for the negative Brexit spin, but dont take it to heart mate, I get sarcastic LOLs all the time and I'm sure no one means any harm with them
    "...negative Brexit spin"? I was answering Golfies question about what the EU had to do with the issue of compensation, etc.

Apologies for pointing out another example of where ALL of us benefit from the UK's membership of the EU and of course it's a shame that more of us weren't a bit more clued up about the "good stuff" about being in the EU before last June eh...

"...negative Brexit spin"? I was answering Golfies question about what the EU had to do with the issue of compensation, etc.

Apologies for pointing out another example of where ALL of us benefit from the UK's membership of the EU and of course it's a shame that more of us weren't a bit more clued up about the "good stuff" about being in the EU before last June eh...
    It was a LOL, not a Flag mate
  • cafcfan said:

I'm not a fan of Nick Ferrari but his interview with a Ryanair pilot is illuminating stuff (if not just a bit scary!).
    Spend seven minutes listening to this. Ryanair charge their prospective pilots 300 Euro for a job interview ffs.

https://youtu.be/QgJmavsITaY

Saw this yesterday and I'm glad you've shared it, unbelievable stuff.
    I can't believe they have any staff at all. Absolutely disgraceful. Recommended listening.
  • edited September 2017
    After listening to that LBC interview I can't believe the CAA allow this airline to exist.
    Sounds very dangerous with inexperienced pilots and as for 30k upfront with no pay for 6 months, zero contract hours and non payment for flight delays, who would work for that!
  • IT_Andy said:

After listening to that LBC interview I can't believe the CAA allow this airline to exist.
    Sounds very dangerous with inexperienced pilots and as for 30k upfront with no pay for 6 months, zero contract hours and non payment for flight delays, who would work for that!

Unsurprisingly.......lots. There are lots of junior pilots wanting to get their flying hours , and Ryanair allows that.
  • edited September 2017
    It sounds dangerous but their safety record is exemplary.
  • You break it, you bought it
  • you just dont like him, if it was your money youd say fck that aswell

No mate, @Rizzo is making the same argument as we are making re Uber.

i know mate just been seeing how easy the bites come

my real stand point is

its cheap really cheap and its cheap because theres no frills and even if you do the add on's its still a cheap product

when things are that cheap then unfortunately you get shit service run by money grabbing schisters no but those that use the flights because they are cheap have created the monster

Ryan air has not changed from start up to now and the animal created has been created by its customers
  • What has the EU ever done for us eh...

You'd hope to get something for your £118 billion membership fees a year, wouldnt you?
  • Sponsored links:

You'd hope to get something for your £118 billion membership fees a year, wouldnt you?
    Oh clever you, you can multiply 350 x 52.

There's just one problem. That 350 is a figure made up by Boris Johnson, a man who makes O'leary look like a paragon of truth and integrity.

Now, back to Ryanair...

There's just one problem. That 350 is a figure made up by Boris Johnson, a man who makes O'leary look like a paragon of truth and integrity.

Now, back to Ryanair...

I wasn't going to go there tbh but here's the latest calculation on the costs Prague...

researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7886

Only somewhere in the region of £110b out on the net costs but whatever...
  • edited September 2017

What has the EU ever done for us eh...

Now, back to Ryanair...

OK, I'll re write it for you. Same point. Lower figures. I think you are mistaking me for a Brexiteer, which I most definitely am not. But in place of a whoosh I'll try this.

You'd expect to get something for your (acceptable number of billions) payments to the club wouldn't you?
  • Absolutely amazed by that LBC interview. Hope that becomes more mainstream and the airline is totally fucked because of it.
  • Ryan Air aren't the only airline with issues:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41454447
  • What I don't understand is if you pay £20 for a seat. If it's cancelled on no fault of your own you can claim compensation. I say unlucky you pay your money you take your chance. I'm for Ryanair new slogan. Booked it. Packed it. Fxxxxed it.
  • cafcfan said:

I'm not a fan of Nick Ferrari but his interview with a Ryanair pilot is illuminating stuff (if not just a bit scary!).
    Spend seven minutes listening to this. Ryanair charge their prospective pilots 300 Euro for a job interview ffs.

https://youtu.be/QgJmavsITaY

Saw this yesterday and I'm glad you've shared it, unbelievable stuff.
    I can't believe they have any staff at all. Absolutely disgraceful. Recommended listening.
    If gives them enough miles to fly for a proper airline. I'm surprised that so many pilots go that route.

Some interesting comments. Any error from BA and theirs uproar, with Ryanair some people take it well (to an extent) because it's so cheap.
  • As mentioned before, it seems a very good route for a young pilot fresh out of Air school to a) get a job and b) build up their flying miles.
    Certainly my son, who wants to be a pilot, is looking at the likes of Ryanair to get him started in the industry once coming out of air school.
    I'm not sure how much i'd like to fly with an airline where you know virtually every pilot has less than 2 years experience, but each to their own i suppose.
  • As mentioned before, it seems a very good route for a young pilot fresh out of Air school to a) get a job and b) build up their flying miles.
    Certainly my son, who wants to be a pilot, is looking at the likes of Ryanair to get him started in the industry once coming out of air school.
    I'm not sure how much i'd like to fly with an airline where you know virtually every pilot has less than 2 years experience, but each to their own i suppose.

Hope he's got the £29500 ready for when he starts his training with them