Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Slovenia & Lithuania

Comments

• Options
    Don't bother Scotland 2.1 down and OUT
  • Options
    Donald where's your trousers......
  • Options
    Oh dear poor Scotland never mind.
  • Options

Oh dear poor Scotland never mind.

My thoughts exactly. How sad :)
  • Options
    Scotland 2-2 now
  • Options
    The worst thing about watching England v Lithuania is that the players being given a chance look even worse than the first team.

Our strength in depth is piss poor
  • Options
    2-2 final score so Scotland are out.
  • Options

The worst thing about watching England v Lithuania is that the players being given a chance look even worse than the first team.

Average PL side has 3/4 English players in their side. Average Spanish side has 7/8.
  • Options

Average PL side has 3/4 English players in their side. Average Spanish side has 7/8.
    And a load abroad, where we have none abroad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yep i agree.
  • Options
    So what is the answer ?
  • Options

Is there a stream for the Scotland match?

Won’t be one required at the World Cup though.....Again.
  • Options
    Good grief that is the first time in my life I've seen an England player picked who I have never heard of....Winks? I must be really losing interest in football.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Good grief that is the first time in my life I've seen an England player picked who I have never heard of....Winks? I must be really losing interest in football.

You must have heard of him? He’s played a whopping 4 games for Tottenham!

Tidy player though.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

So what is the answer ?

There isn't one until the FA, the PL and the "big clubs" actually care about anything else other than money and TV rights. As David Baddiel said a few years ago "Give the FA the choice of England hosting the world cup or winning it, and they'll choose hosting it".
    Plus I would add that fans probably have to take some blame because of the style of football we like to watch and encourage and is ingrained from the grass roots up which doesn't result in enough technically gifted and experience players.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Was you having 40
  • Options

Nug said:

You must have heard of him? He’s played a whopping 4 games for Tottenham!

Tidy player though.
    Made quite a few appearances (mainly from the bench) for them last season as well

He's at the right club as well. A manager who believes in young players, and having to play PL and Cl matches means he will get some decent game time this season
  • Options
    Another unbeaten qualification. 26 points out of 30 is well done.

Fixture list for the previous two tournaments hasn't really helped the excitement with us playing both 2nd place teams, Switzerland/ Slovakia away on the first match and winning.

Another goal for Kane which is good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lucky that Lithuania didn't take their chances. Piss poor though.
  • Options

Another unbeaten qualification. 26 points out of 30 is well done.

Fixture list for the previous two tournaments hasn't really helped the excitement with us playing both 2nd place teams, Switzerland/ Slovakia away on the first match and winning.

Another goal for Kane which is good.

If trophy's were given out for qualification we would need a bigger cabinet.
  • Options
    What was the final score didn't watch, for once a sensible decision by me?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The word is out re how to screw England over.....sit back, pack the defence and hit us on the break.
    It’s been that way for a few years now, we are simply not much cop at breaking down packed, well drilled defences.......remember the disaster that was Iceland!
    It’s not something you come across in English football and rarely if ever a style of play found in The Premier League where teams generally play a far more open faster flowing game.
    We soon play Germany and Brasil friendlies, I’m not saying we will beat either of them but our performance level will almost certainly be more entertaining and we will hopefully look a far more attractive side.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Looked at the England team and tried in vain to find the goals throughout it. Southgate just hasn't twigged that if you only have two or three players who can score the opposition have to stop those two or three players. It is the most simple statistic in football. Mind you it passed Woy by too. Until it seemed that out of desperation he loaded the team with strikers in the second half against Wales - not logical on paper but if you have enough players who know how to put the ball in the net, you have more chance of scoring - quel suprise. Woy then forgot this fact in the very next game! Southgate seems to have no concept of it at all!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options

Hard luck Scotland. Would have liked to have seen them get there

No way , seeing them laugh and jig as we went out on penalties in France 98 and at the World Cup 2002 supporting the oppo at our games , I take great pleasure in their continued shitness .
    Admittedly England are pretty pony so not much joy from them so simple pleasure from the jocks pain is good to be had
    This.

Hopefully Wales, and Northern Ireland can join England at the World Cup.
  • Options

Hard luck Scotland. Would have liked to have seen them get there

No way , seeing them laugh and jig as we went out on penalties in France 98 and at the World Cup 2002 supporting the oppo at our games , I take great pleasure in their continued shitness .
    Admittedly England are pretty pony so not much joy from them so simple pleasure from the jocks pain is good to be had
    This.

Hopefully Wales, and Northern Ireland can join England at the World Cup.
    Like to see NI there, take or leave Wales though
  • Options
    sorry for the tartan army --they deserve to be there