Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harvey Weinstein

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options

Just sayin...

• Options
    buckshee said:

Just sayin...

Ooooh hands on chest, there's more to this than meets the eye
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Just sayin...

imageimage
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Yeah Weinstein has long been a big Democratic donor. As, of course, was Trump at one point. To their credit from what I've seen Democrats are all giving back the money he donated and denouncing him.

This guy deserves to be in jail I don't care what party he belongs to.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Yeah Weinstein has long been a big Democratic donor. As, of course, was Trump at one point. To their credit from what I've seen Democrats are all giving back the money he donated and denouncing him.

Who , Bill?
  • Options
    Shouldn't you be out there digging dirt on the Dems' 2020 contenders?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    buckshee said:

SDAddick said:

Who , Bill?
    There should have been a police investigation into the alleged rape back in the 70s.

There should have been a police investigation into Trump's alleged sexual harassment and sexual assault of the twelve women who spoke out.

Hopefully there will be a police investigation into Weinstein.

What stands in the way of a lot of investigations is the statute of limitations surrounding rape and sexual assault cases and it's fucking infuriating.
  • Options
    There certainly should be proper investigations into all of these , Clinton paid off a few though , not sure what happened with any of the Trump ones as they are more recent revelations.
    Leuth said:

Shouldn't you be out there digging dirt on the Dems' 2020 contenders?

Nah , too busy goose stepping and doing Nazi salutes according to some on here.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

buckshee said:

SDAddick said:

Who , Bill?
    What stands in the way of a lot of investigations is the statute of limitations surrounding rape and sexual assault cases and it's fucking infuriating.
    That's what's holding Corey Feldman back I believe. If he named names, he's the one who'd get into trouble. Which is clearly ludicrous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You appear to have a keen interest (nothing wrong with that). Is there a particular reason ?

You appear to have a keen interest (nothing wrong with that). Is there a particular reason ?

Big film buff, work in the film industry and have heard he’s a massive cunt, from both people I know who have met him and from directors I admire (Kevin Smith) who has basically nothing good to say about him.
    Glad to hear Smith is speaking out. But for the record, and I say this as a Clerks/ Mallrats lover - Smith is a fucking atrocious director.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Haven’t seen a thread on this, so thought I’d make one. Seems to be (along with the Cosby case) as big as saville and yew tree over in Hollywood. Known for years this guy was an arrogant pos, now he’s a rapist pos. he’s even openly admitted to hurting people. Hollywood celebs are slowly coming out of the woodwork to condemn him after he was thrown out of his own company earlier by his own brother (who was rumoured to be the ny times leak last week).

Discuss.

I agree he sounds like an exploitative piece of shit who treated women horribly but I haven't heard anything about rape or violence come out yet, let alone anything that would put him in the Savile and Cosby bracket. Do you have a link to those allegations?
    There have been allegations of sexual assault in which he cornered a woman and masturbated in front of her.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/weinstein-sexual-harassment-allegation_us_59d7ea3de4b046f5ad984211
    That's nasty but it's not rape. I just think it's over the top that KentAddick bracketed him with a man who's MO was drugging women before sodomising them and another man who was a prolific paedophile. Maybe there are far worse allegations to come but I just haven't seen them yet.
    Both are as bad as the other imo
    We'll have to agree to disagree. Weinstein is clearly a deeply unpleasant and abusive man but to compare him to Savile or Cosby on the basis of the stories released so far is ridiculous.

To be clear, he didn't coerce women into sex, he sexually assaulted them. There is a big difference between those two.

And there are now rape allegations (which you didn't know at the time of posting).

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/from-aggressive-overtures-to-sexual-assault-harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories
    The allegations have definitely got darker and more serious. Angelina Jolie and Gweneth Paltrow have also accused him of harassing them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/10/harvey-weinstein-accused-rape-three-women-bombshell-new-report/
  • Options

Big film buff, work in the film industry and have heard he’s a massive cunt, from both people I know who have met him and from directors I admire (Kevin Smith) who has basically nothing good to say about him.
    May I ask what your work in the film industry entails? I'm relatively new to teaching GCSE Film Studies and am looking to make contacts with famous actors/directors/producers, etc to inspire the kids! (Not Weinstein)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Did anyone else hear the conspiracy theory connecting the death of Chris Cornell with this? Supposedly him and his wife were about to blow the lid off this , like I say though it’s just a conspiracy theory .

and yes I know it’s snopes so hardly reliable but interesting nonetheless.

http://www.snopes.com/chester-bennington-and-chris-cornell-murdered/
  • Options
    His wife has now announced that she has left him.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Did anyone else hear the conspiracy theory connecting the death of Chris Cornell with this? Supposedly him and his wife were about to blow the lid off this , like I say though it’s just a conspiracy theory .

and yes I know it’s snopes so hardly reliable but interesting nonetheless.

http://www.snopes.com/chester-bennington-and-chris-cornell-murdered/

The "Hollywood pedophiles" conspiracy is as old as the hills. Just change the details and you have the latest version.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Glad to hear Smith is speaking out. But for the record, and I say this as a Clerks/ Mallrats lover - Smith is a fucking atrocious director.
    Used to love Kevin Smith but what the F were Tusk, Yoga Hosers and Jersey Girl about! Always wondered what happened to Ashley Judd as I thought she was great in anything she was in. Weinsteins sorry/not sorry apology is about as weak as it gets too, blaming it on the culture of free love and peace in the 60’s and 70’s to get away with some weird shit to do on women. And then Trump comes out and says “I’m Not at All Surprised…” as if he is pure as driven snow ( allegedly )!
  • Options
    Have the authorities opened an investigation into Weinstein? Would rather this was dealt with in a court of law instead of statements to the media.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Haven’t seen a thread on this, so thought I’d make one. Seems to be (along with the Cosby case) as big as saville and yew tree over in Hollywood. Known for years this guy was an arrogant pos, now he’s a rapist pos. he’s even openly admitted to hurting people. Hollywood celebs are slowly coming out of the woodwork to condemn him after he was thrown out of his own company earlier by his own brother (who was rumoured to be the ny times leak last week).

Discuss.

I agree he sounds like an exploitative piece of shit who treated women horribly but I haven't heard anything about rape or violence come out yet, let alone anything that would put him in the Savile and Cosby bracket. Do you have a link to those allegations?
    I'd agree. He's obviously a despicable individual and has committed some horrible offences but I've not read of anything that suggests he's raped anyone or even seriously sexually assaulted anyone.

He cornered a fox journalist, took out his penis and masturbated on her. If that isn’t serious sexual assault, what is?

http://deadline.com/2017/10/fox-news-reporter-lauren-sivan-claims-harvey-weinstein-masturbated-1202183891/
    Technically, he masturbated into a pot plant. But that's probably not the point!
    So it ain't a rapist, he's a florist
    Maybe it was a rape plant
  • Options
    be interesting to know (we never will) how many actresses and wannabes who have now totally turned against him, did at at one time, agree to his crude advances in order to get a role, however minor, or to further their career, or to just make some money ..
    how many careers were made 'on their backs' and now that the ladies are 'on their feet', they are clawing, stamping and gunning for Harvey, the one time magic movie mogul and star maker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I too have wondered this. Why does it take 20 years for people to speak out.

Don’t get me wrong, his actions are absolutely deplorable but I do have to wonder how many people’s lives could’ve been better had somebody spoken about this a long time ago.

The way things are going I reckon he will top himself in the next month or so.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I too have wondered this. Why does it take 20 years for people to speak out.

Don’t get me wrong, his actions are absolutely deplorable but I do have to wonder how many people’s lives could’ve been better had somebody spoken about this a long time ago.

The way things are going I reckon he will top himself in the next month or so.

Why did we never find out about jimmy savile, when it was obvious he was a mega creepy dude anyway.

Power. Power is scary.
  • Options
    Some people, for some reason, when they feel they have power to do as they please, they do as they please. I say some, most people wouln't but some do.
  • Options

be interesting to know (we never will) how many actresses and wannabes who have now totally turned against him, did at at one time, agree to his crude advances in order to get a role, however minor, or to further their career, or to just make some money ..
    how many careers were made 'on their backs' and now that the ladies are 'on their feet', they are clawing, stamping and gunning for Harvey, the one time magic movie mogul and star maker

Why would that be interesting especially?

Circumstances change and a young woman, just starting out in her chosen career, is not in the same position to be listened to or be taken seriously as they may be as an older, established actress speaking out now. From the evidence presented so far he massively abused his position in the relationship he had with these women and it should not be a surprise to anyone that they didn't report it at the time but focussed on putting it behind them and getting on with their career.

Your post reeks of victim blaming.
    it's not victim blaming in my scenario though is it ? .. I am suggesting the possibility/probability that some women might have succumbed to Weinstein's advances willingly to get ahead and make a career in the sex driven town/industry that is Hollywood .. if they agreed, then they are NOT 'victims' they have made a career choice, albeit one that is unsavoury in your opinion ..
    the fact that he abused his 'power' in many cases is without question .. on the other hand the ladies concerned could either have gone to the authorities at the time, got a job as (e.g.) a waitress, or in the words of actor's wife Nancy Regan 'just said NO'
  • Options

Circumstances change and a young woman, just starting out in her chosen career, is not in the same position to be listened to or be taken seriously as they may be as an older, established actress speaking out now. From the evidence presented so far he massively abused his position in the relationship he had with these women and it should not be a surprise to anyone that they didn't report it at the time but focussed on putting it behind them and getting on with their career.

it's not victim blaming in my scenario though is it ? .. I am suggesting the possibility/probability that some women might have succumbed to Weinstein's advances willingly to get ahead and make a career in the sex driven town/industry that is Hollywood .. if they agreed, then they are NOT 'victims' they have made a career choice, albeit one that is unsavoury in your opinion ..
    the fact that he abused his 'power' in many cases is without question .. on the other hand the ladies concerned could either have gone to the authorities at the time, got a job as (e.g.) a waitress, or in the words of actor's wife Nancy Regan 'just said NO'
    I thought it was Zammo that said that?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

was he one of the Marx bros ? .. whatever, he nicked Nancy's slogan
  • Options

was he one of the Marx bros ? .. whatever, he nicked Nancy's slogan