Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harvey Weinstein

Comments

• Options

His missus is best friend's with my mate's missus. 100% true story - they were at school together. Mate went to their wedding in the States, met loads of celebs there. Think my mate thought he was a bit of a wanker anyway, so guess he's not surprised. Wonder how his marriage will be affected.

She has left him,
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Leuth said:

his wife is 20+ years younger than him .. BUT of course she married him for who he is /was .. NOT for his money and influence .. hahahahahahahahahaha

You're revealing some lovely things about yourself here
    really .. tell me more
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Some very interesting and insightful posts today

Cheers
  • Options
    Just caught up on all this. His missus is mint
  • Options
    I bet there's a few '80s and '90s movie / music mogul types, on both sides of the pond, not sleeping too well after taking advantage of wannabe stars to further their careers.

Weren't Marc Bolan taken advantage of by a producer, earlier on in his career?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Just caught up on all this. His missus is mint

Single now an all @Cabes

Tweet her and drop the CL Mod bomb, she'll be putty in your hands my son!
  • Options
    edited October 2017

I bet there's a few '80s and '90s movie / music mogul types, on both sides of the pond, not sleeping too well after taking advantage of wannabe stars to further their careers.

it's not just money that makes the world go round .. it's money and SEX of all denominations .. go forth and multiply sayeth the Lord
  • Options

it's not just money that makes the world go round .. it's money and SEX of all denominations .. go forth and multiply sayeth the Lord
    You sound like a man of experience Linco
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

his wife is 20+ years younger than him .. BUT of course she married him for who he is /was .. NOT for his money and influence .. hahahahahahahahahaha

really .. tell me more
    No need, you've said it yourself.
  • Options

You sound like a man of experience Linco
    lol .. sssshhhhhhhhh . ((:>)
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Leuth said:

really .. tell me more
    No need, you've said it yourself.
    bit obtuse for me .. what ? .. you got something to say, then say/type/write it
  • Options

be interesting to know (we never will) how many actresses and wannabes who have now totally turned against him, did at at one time, agree to his crude advances in order to get a role, however minor, or to further their career, or to just make some money ..
    how many careers were made 'on their backs' and now that the ladies are 'on their feet', they are clawing, stamping and gunning for Harvey, the one time magic movie mogul and star maker

Why would that be interesting especially?

Circumstances change and a young woman, just starting out in her chosen career, is not in the same position to be listened to or be taken seriously as they may be as an older, established actress speaking out now. From the evidence presented so far he massively abused his position in the relationship he had with these women and it should not be a surprise to anyone that they didn't report it at the time but focussed on putting it behind them and getting on with their career.

Your post reeks of victim blaming.
    it's not victim blaming in my scenario though is it ? .. I am suggesting the possibility/probability that some women might have succumbed to Weinstein's advances willingly to get ahead and make a career in the sex driven town/industry that is Hollywood .. if they agreed, then they are NOT 'victims' they have made a career choice, albeit one that is unsavoury in your opinion ..
    the fact that he abused his 'power' in many cases is without question .. on the other hand the ladies concerned could either have gone to the authorities at the time, got a job as (e.g.) a waitress, or in the words of actor's wife Nancy Regan 'just said NO'
    I thought it was Zammo that said that?
    was he one of the Marx bros ? .. whatever, he nicked Nancy's slogan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY7V43ik0_Y
  • Options
    edited October 2017

His missus is best friend's with my mate's missus. 100% true story - they were at school together. Mate went to their wedding in the States, met loads of celebs there. Think my mate thought he was a bit of a wanker anyway, so guess he's not surprised. Wonder how his marriage will be affected.

Half the problem, that.
  • Options
    Weinstein is clearly a wrongun in every sense, and I hope they gather enough evidence to put him away for a long long time, but, equally, I would hold anyone in disdain who sat on their hands and did nothing, so to protect their own careers and build their multi million pound lifestyles, whilst other women were allegedly being put through this treatment for years.
    The biggest & worst kept secret in Hollywood apparently, heard an oscars award clip from a few years ago today, when the host said "all you ladies who won, now no longer have to pretend to find Harvey Weinstein attractive"

Those women who did nothing are as culpable IMO
  • Options

be interesting to know (we never will) how many actresses and wannabes who have now totally turned against him, did at at one time, agree to his crude advances in order to get a role, however minor, or to further their career, or to just make some money ..
    how many careers were made 'on their backs' and now that the ladies are 'on their feet', they are clawing, stamping and gunning for Harvey, the one time magic movie mogul and star maker

Why would that be interesting especially?

Circumstances change and a young woman, just starting out in her chosen career, is not in the same position to be listened to or be taken seriously as they may be as an older, established actress speaking out now. From the evidence presented so far he massively abused his position in the relationship he had with these women and it should not be a surprise to anyone that they didn't report it at the time but focussed on putting it behind them and getting on with their career.

Your post reeks of victim blaming.
    it's not victim blaming in my scenario though is it ? .. I am suggesting the possibility/probability that some women might have succumbed to Weinstein's advances willingly to get ahead and make a career in the sex driven town/industry that is Hollywood .. if they agreed, then they are NOT 'victims' they have made a career choice, albeit one that is unsavoury in your opinion ..
    the fact that he abused his 'power' in many cases is without question .. on the other hand the ladies concerned could either have gone to the authorities at the time, got a job as (e.g.) a waitress, or in the words of actor's wife Nancy Regan 'just said NO'
    I thought it was Zammo that said that?
    was he one of the Marx bros ? .. whatever, he nicked Nancy's slogan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY7V43ik0_Y
    Do you reckon he had that for the first dance at his wedding?
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Weinstein is clearly a wrongun in every sense, and I hope they gather enough evidence to put him away for a long long time, but, equally, I would hold anyone in disdain who sat on their hands and did nothing, so to protect their own careers and build their multi million pound lifestyles, whilst other women were allegedly being put through this treatment for years.
    The biggest & worst kept secret in Hollywood apparently, heard an oscars award clip from a few years ago today, when the host said "all you ladies who won, now no longer have to pretend to find Harvey Weinstein attractive"

Not as culpable surely not. I'd never blame the women even if people standing up earlier I could have prevented more abuse. The women had too much to lose and probably wanted to forget it. I reckon plenty will be feeling bad about not saying anything for the reasons you are saying.

Also, you have to consider if saying anything at the time would have had any effect, or if it would have been brushed under the carpet and their careers ruined.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

DA9 said:

Not as culpable surely not. I'd never blame the women even if people standing up earlier I could have prevented more abuse. The women had too much to lose and probably wanted to forget it. I reckon plenty will be feeling bad about not saying anything for the reasons you are saying.

Also, you have to consider if saying anything at the time would have had any effect, or if it would have been brushed under the carpet and their careers ruined.
    Feeling bad is nothing compared to the physiological damage he may have caused to other young women, which may have been prevented by someone going to the authorities earlier.
    If I knew my guvnor was doing something illegal, would I be ok to say, sod it, I'm being paid, all the other people he's affecting can go whistle, I have too much to lose after all.
  • Options
    I follow this bod on YouTube, he gets a bit conspiracy theory sometimes, but I tend to agree with a lot of what he says -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD7zqLcQgAo&pbjreload=10

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

McBobbin said:

DA9 said:

Feeling bad is nothing compared to the physiological damage he may have caused to other young women, which may have been prevented by someone going to the authorities earlier.
    If I knew my guvnor was doing something illegal, would I be ok to say, sod it, I'm being paid, all the other people he's affecting can go whistle, I have too much to lose after all.
    I completely understand your point. But we are talking about an industry where there is a massive power and gender imbalance. It's hard enough for women to come forward to admit to being sexually assaulted at the best of times... They are not believed, told it's their fault... I imagine it's even worse in Hollywood. The guy is a massive wrongun who needs to pay for it (exactly what you said) but I still don't hold the women responsible.

Interestingly, would you be a whistleblower? Some would but many won't. I'd like to think I would be, but never been in that situation.
  • Options
    Bloke is a ****t and deserves all that is coming his way, still a lot though to come out of this story though and the 2 way stories behind the casting couch.
  • Options
    I'm amazed how different it is for some people.
    How much and how many different people did Michael Jackson pay off.
    If he hadn't of died a few days before coming to England he would of received a heroes welcome by some.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

If he hadn't of died a few days before coming to England he would of received a heroes welcome by some.

One of life's biggest mysteries imo, is why people still play his music
  • Options

clb74 said:

One of life's biggest mysteries imo, is why people still play his music
    I suppose because they like it. He was a bit more popular than Gary Glitter.
  • Options

Leuth said:

really .. tell me more
    He doesn't need to, you've made it blindingly obvious.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    DA9 said:

You're about four pages late to this discussion. You don't blame the victims for being abused.
  • Options
    Oh dear Ben Affleck
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Pass on a message to your missus that cabbles, a 35 year old moderator on a football forum who has 84 of the 92 league grounds under his belt, slightly receeding barnet and torn meniscus in right knee would be up for a date if she's interested. Don't mention anything about the misappropriations of my username though and general lack of respect I have on here

Cheers Leroy
    Also put good with area telephone codes due to my job in sales. 01908 Milton Keynes, 02476 Coventry, 01344 Derby

Guaranteed decent seat on the dj coach to any away game of her choice, grab bag of walkers crisps at Newport Pagnell services

If you do this for me I'll abuse my power and give you a promote