Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harvey Weinstein

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:

You appear to have a keen interest (nothing wrong with that). Is there a particular reason ?

You appear to have a keen interest (nothing wrong with that). Is there a particular reason ?

Big film buff, work in the film industry and have heard he’s a massive cunt, from both people I know who have met him and from directors I admire (Kevin Smith) who has basically nothing good to say about him.
    Glad to hear Smith is speaking out. But for the record, and I say this as a Clerks/ Mallrats lover - Smith is a fucking atrocious director.
    Totally agree .
  • be interesting to know (we never will) how many actresses and wannabes who have now totally turned against him, did at at one time, agree to his crude advances in order to get a role, however minor, or to further their career, or to just make some money ..
    how many careers were made 'on their backs' and now that the ladies are 'on their feet', they are clawing, stamping and gunning for Harvey, the one time magic movie mogul and star maker

Why would that be interesting especially?

Circumstances change and a young woman, just starting out in her chosen career, is not in the same position to be listened to or be taken seriously as they may be as an older, established actress speaking out now. From the evidence presented so far he massively abused his position in the relationship he had with these women and it should not be a surprise to anyone that they didn't report it at the time but focussed on putting it behind them and getting on with their career.

Your post reeks of victim blaming.
    it's not victim blaming in my scenario though is it ? .. I am suggesting the possibility/probability that some women might have succumbed to Weinstein's advances willingly to get ahead and make a career in the sex driven town/industry that is Hollywood .. if they agreed, then they are NOT 'victims' they have made a career choice, albeit one that is unsavoury in your opinion ..
    the fact that he abused his 'power' in many cases is without question .. on the other hand the ladies concerned could either have gone to the authorities at the time, got a job as (e.g.) a waitress, or in the words of actor's wife Nancy Regan 'just said NO'
    Imagine if one of these women were your daughter, or your wife. Still not victims?
  • be interesting to know (we never will) how many actresses and wannabes who have now totally turned against him, did at at one time, agree to his crude advances in order to get a role, however minor, or to further their career, or to just make some money ..
    how many careers were made 'on their backs' and now that the ladies are 'on their feet', they are clawing, stamping and gunning for Harvey, the one time magic movie mogul and star maker

Circumstances change and a young woman, just starting out in her chosen career, is not in the same position to be listened to or be taken seriously as they may be as an older, established actress speaking out now. From the evidence presented so far he massively abused his position in the relationship he had with these women and it should not be a surprise to anyone that they didn't report it at the time but focussed on putting it behind them and getting on with their career.

it's not victim blaming in my scenario though is it ? .. I am suggesting the possibility/probability that some women might have succumbed to Weinstein's advances willingly to get ahead and make a career in the sex driven town/industry that is Hollywood .. if they agreed, then they are NOT 'victims' they have made a career choice, albeit one that is unsavoury in your opinion ..
    the fact that he abused his 'power' in many cases is without question .. on the other hand the ladies concerned could either have gone to the authorities at the time, got a job as (e.g.) a waitress, or in the words of actor's wife Nancy Regan 'just said NO'
    Imagine if one of these women were your daughter, or your wife. Still not victims?
    I haven't got a daughter but MY wife would probably have blacked his eye and taught him some choice new words.

So youre young small lady and some big guy twice the size of you and who had the ability to destroy the career you’ve hardly started corners you alone in a hotel tells you to do some disgusting shit to him so you can have a career and you don’t see them as being victims?

Logical gymnastics spring to mind.

You could argue that if they wait 20 years before coming forward to "protect others" they are not the victim. They have used the situation to their advantage in some cases and then felt guilty whilst sitting on a pile of money they couldn't ever hope to spend.

This is going to become a much bigger, hotter topic soon because it is allegedly rife in Hollywood and all sorts of people will come out of the woodwork. Some "because it's ruined their lives", some "because it's the right thing to do" and some - just for the money.

Weinstein is a disgusting individual for what he has done but it seems to me there are several cases where people told him where to go and he left them alone. Not that that's a feather in his cap or anything but some people stood up to him and had no adverse effect. Different people react in different ways I guess but I do question the motives of some of those coming forward now.....especially considering the time delays involved

• Swisdom said:

be interesting to know (we never will) how many actresses and wannabes who have now totally turned against him, did at at one time, agree to his crude advances in order to get a role, however minor, or to further their career, or to just make some money ..

So youre young small lady and some big guy twice the size of you and who had the ability to destroy the career you’ve hardly started corners you alone in a hotel tells you to do some disgusting shit to him so you can have a career and you don’t see them as being victims?

You could argue that if they wait 20 years before coming forward to "protect others" they are not the victim. They have used the situation to their advantage in some cases and then felt guilty whilst sitting on a pile of money they couldn't ever hope to spend.

This is going to become a much bigger, hotter topic soon because it is allegedly rife in Hollywood and all sorts of people will come out of the woodwork. Some "because it's ruined their lives", some "because it's the right thing to do" and some - just for the money.

Weinstein is a disgusting individual for what he has done but it seems to me there are several cases where people told him where to go and he left them alone. Not that that's a feather in his cap or anything but some people stood up to him and had no adverse effect. Different people react in different ways I guess but I do question the motives of some of those coming forward now.....especially considering the time delays involved

• Swisdom said:

be interesting to know (we never will) how many actresses and wannabes who have now totally turned against him, did at at one time, agree to his crude advances in order to get a role, however minor, or to further their career, or to just make some money ..

He is right, I don't believe him.
  • Can you imagine how much coke that exec must have snorted before deciding that touching up Terry Cruz was a sensible idea?

Which is why it is more likely an exaggeration or something else. Is terry crews career going well at the moment?

Not sticking up for he sleaze bags that treat women like this, but really, a 240lb ex pro footballer. Doesn't sound very likely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on, a 240lb ex pro footballer. Do you really believe he was a victim or riding the latest gravy train to hit town?
  • Come on, a 240lb ex pro footballer. Do you really believe he was a victim or riding the latest gravy train to hit town?

See @kentaddick 's response, above
  • You belive this happened then? To a 240lb, (maybe when he was playing) footballer, from a probable gimp like Hollywood type. Would you not just punch him or at least push him away before thinking about what the press might think?
  • those Terry crews tweets are all a bit Ulrika Jonnson
  • Some very interesting and insightful posts today
  • You belive this happened then? To a 240lb, (maybe when he was playing) footballer, from a probable gimp like Hollywood type. Would you not just punch him or at least push him away before thinking about what the press might think?

I don’t think you actually read any of the tweets I posted?
    I read them and they didn't ring true. A 240lb footballer taking that lol

I don’t think you actually read any of the tweets I posted?
    I read them and they didn't ring true. A 240lb footballer taking that lol
    I’ll repost as you clearly can’t read to a sufficient level:

It’s almost as if real life isn’t like football factory, who knew?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Laughable. Is he releasing a book soon?
  • Laughable. Is he releasing a book soon?

Don’t think he needs to.. he’s a pretty successful actor, a star in the widely acclaimed comedy “Brooklyn 99” as well as being the face of “old spice” in the USA.
  • edited October 2017
    Weinstein has always looked like an odious human being and this just proves it. Nasty piece of work and a face like a gone wrong bollock.

Always find it frustrating that it takes one victim to speak out before so many others come forward in these cases but guessing the perpetrators have a powerful hold over them for one reason or another. Imagine this is just the tip of the iceberg in Hollywood and other similar industries. Reckon there are a few nervous moguls out there right now.
  • I’d sort of heard of this fella, looked him up on Wikipedia and realised he’d produced pulp fiction and Paddington bear, says it all really.
  • His missus is best friend's with my mate's missus. 100% true story - they were at school together. Mate went to their wedding in the States, met loads of celebs there. Think my mate thought he was a bit of a wanker anyway, so guess he's not surprised. Wonder how his marriage will be affected.
  • His missus is best friend's with my mate's missus. 100% true story - they were at school together. Mate went to their wedding in the States, met loads of celebs there. Think my mate thought he was a bit of a wanker anyway, so guess he's not surprised. Wonder how his marriage will be affected.

It's over.

Yeah she said she’s left him now and what he’s done is indefensible..
  • I

His missus is best friend's with my mate's missus. 100% true story - they were at school together. Mate went to their wedding in the States, met loads of celebs there. Think my mate thought he was a bit of a wanker anyway, so guess he's not surprised. Wonder how his marriage will be affected.

Did he shoot his load into a flower pot in front of him an all then?
  • his wife is 20+ years younger than him .. BUT of course she married him for who he is /was .. NOT for his money and influence .. hahahahahahahahahaha